• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Leicester vs. Arsenal - 26/9/15 - 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
Tbf Famini was terrific as a CM today, still a liability as a DM imo.
Anymore of a liability than Arteta? Would definitely prefer Flam in that position right now. We could play Flam as the CM but then who plays the holding role? Arteta starting 2 games in 4 days is just asking for trouble. He's an old man now.

Without Coquelin, any replacement at DM is a liability really lol

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
Arteta should be nowhere near the starting line up for this game. He's had his fun now. Time for serious business. If Coquelin isn't back in time then i'd go for this team:

Cech
Bellerin Gabrielny Monreal
Ramsey Flamini
Campbell Özil Alexis
Theo

Flamini deserves to start after that performance. And Cazorla deserves to be dropped. Giroud was hopeless tonight so back to Theo up front. Hopefully he can remain there because changing strikers every f*cking game is doing nobody any good.

1-2 Arsenal Walcott and Flamini

I'm not sure if its wise to start Flamini and Ramsey together. I'd rather an Arteta or Coquelin in front of the defence and pass the ball around from a deep role.

RandyMarsh

Established Member
I'm not sure if its wise to start Flamini and Ramsey together. I'd rather an Arteta or Coquelin in front of the defence and pass the ball around from a deep role.
In the last 2 games he's started i haven't seen anything to suggest our attacking play has benefited from his passing from deep. All the passing he did today was absolutely standard. He was completely average. Flamini would do no worse at keeping things ticking over in the middle of the park. Most of the play would go through Ramsey anyway in that pairing. I think it would definitely work.

Who else are we gonna play at DM without Coquelin? Cazorla? lol Arteta? lmao. Bare in mind that Leicester have got some very dangerous counter attacking players. A strategy that completely exposed Arteta last week against Zagreb. We need a more mobile, physical DM for an away game. Plus Arteta is no better at controlling the game than Ramsey is right now anyway.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I would likes to see:

--------------------Cech-------------------
Bellerin Koscielny Gabriel Monreal
-----------Flamini----- Cazorla
Campbell-----Özil---------Sanchez
--------------Walcott------------------

Our three poorest players so far this season in Giroud, Ramsey and Ox don't deserve to make the first 11 and also reward Campbell and Flamini for their performances tonight.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Our defence is great for this game, speedy back line to track back during the counters. Arteta is a big no here.

Lilwizzle

Established Member
Anymore of a liability than Arteta? Would definitely prefer Flam in that position right now. We could play Flam as the CM but then who plays the holding role? Arteta starting 2 games in 4 days is just asking for trouble. He's an old man now.

Without Coquelin, any replacement at DM is a liability really lol
It's like choosing which team to support, but your only options are Tottenham and Liverpool. Either way, you might aswell give up on life.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
It's sad that the most excited I've been to watch Arsenal play this season has come from Mathieu Flamini.

Just read that again. I fully expect us to go back to the same boring methods against Leicester. But at least Flamini got his moment.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
[
In the last 2 games he's started i haven't seen anything to suggest our attacking play has benefited from his passing from deep. All the passing he did today was absolutely standard. He was completely average. Flamini would do no worse at keeping things ticking over in the middle of the park. Most of the play would go through Ramsey anyway in that pairing. I think it would definitely work.

Who else are we gonna play at DM without Coquelin? Cazorla? lol Arteta? lmao. Bare in mind that Leicester have got some very dangerous counter attacking players. A strategy that completely exposed Arteta last week against Zagreb. We need a more mobile, physical DM for an away game. Plus Arteta is no better at controlling the game than Ramsey is right now anyway.

Against Zagreb Arteta was paired with Cazorla such a feeble midfield base is always going to struggle to get a foothold on the match especially in a 4231 formation. Tonight alongside Flamini and Ramsey as the b2b Cms ahead our midfield balance was a lot better and so was our communication with Artetas leadership on the field which is key and underrated by the average football fan. You say Flamini would do no worse in a deeper role but if you look back as recent as the first half of last season it was his deficiencys in the DM role that gave us a mountain to climb for the remainder of the campaign he is much better as a box-box midfielder as demonstrated tonight and in other appearances.

Against Leicester I would personally start Arteta and Ramsey in the middle together as they've proven whenever partnering eachother to have a good balance and understanding just as long as Ramsey refrains himself from acting the fool going forwards at every opportunity and not holding his position.

Cech
Bellerin Koscielny Gabriel Montreal
Ramsey Arteta
Özil
Chamberlain Walcott Sanchez

Leicester 0 - 3 Arsenal

When fit Arteta is way ahead of Ramsey at controlling the midfield that shouldn't even be a debate.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Flamini Coquelin
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Walcott
Think Gabriel will get a one match ban sadly, Flamini is our best player and the rest is obvious for Wenger.

ScotVieira

Established Member
Cech
Bellerin Mertesacker Koscielny Monreal
Flamini Coquelin
Ramsey Özil Alexis
Walcott
Think Gabriel will get a one match ban sadly, Flamini is our best player and the rest is obvious for Wenger.
Is Coq not out? My feeling is that he is out for a fairly extended period.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I expect Coq to miss this so if we have to have one of Arteta or Flamini I feel the latter has earned it. Unfortunately he will have to stay back so he's unlikely to score again :)

I think Wenger has to show his faith in Ox by playing him, its no good telling him to be more positive and then keep dropping him.

Cech
Bellerin Gabrielny Kos Monreal
Ramsey Flamini
Ox Özil Alexis
Theo

pikey2000

If Coq is out I want to see Wenger give credit where its due and start Flamini over Arteta, also want to see Ramsey next to Flamini and get back to basics.

With a level of game sense and communication both Flamini and Ramsey have it in them to play 2 b2b CM's as long as they manage who pushes and who sits, I don't think we need to be as strict as saying 1 sits the other goes......flexibility is the way forward :)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

In all honesty from what I saw Flamini was timing some great runs into the box . He looked/looks like a goal scoring option . Got a funny feeling he is going to force his way into the team .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom