• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Leicester vs. Arsenal - 26/9/15 - 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
If Coq is out I want to see Wenger give credit where its due and start Flamini over Arteta, also want to see Ramsey next to Flamini and get back to basics.

With a level of game sense and communication both Flamini and Ramsey have it in them to play 2 b2b CM's as long as they manage who pushes and who sits, I don't think we need to be as strict as saying 1 sits the other goes......flexibility is the way forward :)

So if you start Flamini and Ramsey together whose going to hold? You cant just go starting players because they scored a couple of goals you also need to proficiently analyse their performance within the position they were deployed in and from what I gathered and in other matches Flamini is not at the level required of a holding midfielder at this football club but more suitable as an all action box-box midfielder who can come in and do a job for us. As for Ramsey his discipline in that central area has been questioned perenially for the last year. People forget that it was these 2 in cm at the beginning of last season that made us so inconsistent.

AVENTUS

Arteta should be nowhere near the starting line up for this game. He's had his fun now. Time for serious business. If Coquelin isn't back in time then i'd go for this team:

Cech
Bellerin Gabrielny Monreal
Ramsey Flamini
Campbell Özil Alexis
Theo

Flamini deserves to start after that performance. And Cazorla deserves to be dropped. Giroud was hopeless tonight so back to Theo up front. Hopefully he can remain there because changing strikers every f*cking game is doing nobody any good.

1-2 Arsenal Walcott and Flamini

Are you planning for a red card in advance Randy. Where is our 11th man.

Lol.

Kos is missing.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Cazorla has averaged 3.8 key passes per game and a 90.8 pass completion, no way does Wenger bench him. If the forwards did their job and Cazorla was picking up assists everyone would love him, but he's considered to be poor because the forward isn't putting the chance away.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Cazorla-Flamini could possibly work as Flamini won't sit and Cazorla doesn't mind becoming the deepest midfielder. Ramsey-Flamini would be dire unless under heavy tactical instructions.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta should be nowhere near the starting line up for this game. He's had his fun now. Time for serious business. If Coquelin isn't back in time then i'd go for this team:

Cech
Bellerin Gabrielny Monreal
Ramsey Flamini
Campbell Özil Alexis
Theo

Flamini deserves to start after that performance. And Cazorla deserves to be dropped. Giroud was hopeless tonight so back to Theo up front. Hopefully he can remain there because changing strikers every f*cking game is doing nobody any good.

1-2 Arsenal Walcott and Flamini

Are you serious about Campbell? I'd much rather see us play the Ox there.

DanishDoc

It sounds cliche' but this is really a must game.. After what happened last weekend we can't use anything but a victory.. The hot streak starts here!

blrgooner

Established Member
[

Against Zagreb Arteta was paired with Cazorla such a feeble midfield base is always going to struggle to get a foothold on the match especially in a 4231 formation. Tonight alongside Flamini and Ramsey as the b2b Cms ahead our midfield balance was a lot better and so was our communication with Artetas leadership on the field which is key and underrated by the average football fan. You say Flamini would do no worse in a deeper role but if you look back as recent as the first half of last season it was his deficiencys in the DM role that gave us a mountain to climb for the remainder of the campaign he is much better as a box-box midfielder as demonstrated tonight and in other appearances.

Against Leicester I would personally start Arteta and Ramsey in the middle together as they've proven whenever partnering eachother to have a good balance and understanding just as long as Ramsey refrains himself from acting the fool going forwards at every opportunity and not holding his position.

Cech
Bellerin Koscielny Gabriel Montreal
Ramsey Arteta
Özil
Chamberlain Walcott Sanchez

Leicester 0 - 3 Arsenal

When fit Arteta is way ahead of Ramsey at controlling the midfield that shouldn't even be a debate.
Our midfield was awful yesterday I thought. There was absolutely no build up play from midfield. Ramsey made some good passes but other than that, it was really poor. Our Wingers(Ox,Campbell and Sanchez) spent most of the time in our own half.

Gooner n Proud

Cazorla-Flamini could possibly work as Flamini won't sit and Cazorla doesn't mind becoming the deepest midfielder. Ramsey-Flamini would be dire unless under heavy tactical instructions.

if Cazorla wont work with Coquelin then he certainly couldnt with Flamini. The only position suitable for Santi is as a no.10 or in a midfield 3 possibly.

Gooner n Proud

Our midfield was awful yesterday I thought. There was absolutely no build up play from midfield. Ramsey made some good passes but other than that, it was really poor. Our Wingers(Ox,Campbell and Sanchez) spent most of the time in our own half.

There was a clear improvement in our midfield yesterday compared to our last 2 matches especially in terms of defensive effort and players holding there positions. I also thought with Artetas presence the players communicated a lot more which renders confidence and belief throughout the team.

pikey2000

So if you start Flamini and Ramsey together whose going to hold? You cant just go starting players because they scored a couple of goals you also need to proficiently analyse their performance within the position they were deployed in and from what I gathered and in other matches Flamini is not at the level required of a holding midfielder at this football club but more suitable as an all action box-box midfielder who can come in and do a job for us. As for Ramsey his discipline in that central area has been questioned perenially for the last year. People forget that it was these 2 in cm at the beginning of last season that made us so inconsistent.

As i said in my post (which you don't have to agree with btw) I don't see why we have to label 1 player holding and 1 player b2b - if you have two players who can perform both roles why can't they manage it between themselves so that one sits whilst the other breaks and vice versa???

Also, i'm not knee jerking Flamini into the lineup because he scored 2 goals, if Coq is fit he starts for me but as he isnt I think we should go with Flamini/Ramsey because of the mobility and work rate they could bring to our midfield over Arteta/Cazorla

Lastly what is the point in having competition for places if when a player performs and performs better than others have recently they are not rewarded with more playing time? What message does that send out, oh you played well, but sorry back to the bench whilst we start with the status quo who have under-performed so far.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

How frustrating is Oxlade? Guy makes me rip my hair out - does some brilliant things then some utterly stupid things - not consistent enough to start for a top team. We should have loaned this guy out years ago and brought a proper wide attacker in - loaned Ox out until he dominates regularly so that we have no choice but to call him back - ala the Courtois/Cech situation

Gooner n Proud

How frustrating is Oxlade? Guy makes me rip my hair out - does some brilliant things then some utterly stupid things - not consistent enough to start for a top team. We should have loaned this guy out years ago and brought a proper wide attacker in - loaned Ox out until he dominates regularly so that we have no choice but to call him back - ala the Courtois/Cech situation

Tbf i think he would have played a hell of a lot more if he wasnt injured during periods of a campaign.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Coming into this it seems like so many players 'need a goal'. Ramsey hasn't scored yet. Neither has Sanchez. I'm sure they're itching to get off the mark this season. And Theo and Giroud need one to gain some momentum.

Here's hoping all 4 score.

Bould14

This one is tough for the manager. I would start Ramsey - Flamini ( but I wonder if they will properly rotate defensively). Wenger will go with Cazorla - Flamini. Arteta really looks past it. He can't give us a quality season. It doesn't look like Coq will be back for a bit.

It's time to send a shock to LCFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The club changed so much, I changed with it and football has changed with us... But one thing never changes: the 90 minutes still belong to the player, 90 minutes during which he is king.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom