• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Leicester vs. Arsenal - 26/9/15 - 3:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Debuchy deserves to sit in the stands for a few games to be honest. Absolutely shocking performance, one of the worst in the shirt, although he recovered a little in the later stages of the game.

Don't care about being rusty or lacking match fitness, he looked like he had given up on ever getting his spot back and wants to leave. Flamini lacked match fitness, but he showed fight and spirit and it paid off, because he is everyone's hero now.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Assuming Debuchy can come back to his best. Recovery from injury might be more than he can overcome. Not getting younger.

He aint old and his injuries werent that bad, cosidering it wasnt some bad knee injury or so.
He just needa to play, but will have problems getting minutes apart from cup games.
Ppl are harsh on him, way to much. Last year he was great when playing, sure he can get there with games.
You cant even blame him that much for Spuds game. He clearly followed Chadli all the time, pressing high, but Rose had pace and timing to use that. Now imagine if Wenger told him to stick to Chadli... Which he did well... Could you blame him for doing what he was told?

I love Debuchys character. He is quiet and works hard all the time. He was never class on the ball, is a very good defender and makes great forward runs and crossses, but is not good on the ball trying to 'do' something. Of course, when not in form and lacking games, shortcomings become bigger and its enough for many to get 'tired' of him and wish not to see him anytime soon.
Starting RB for France before injuries, our safe starting RB before injuries.
Those didnt change him, Bellerin did with his rapid progress.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
- - - - - - - - - - - - - Cech
Bellerin - - Gabriel - - Koscielny - - Monreal
- - - - - - - - Ramsey - - Arteta
Walcott - - - - - - - Özil - - - - - - - - - - Alexis
- - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud

Aevi

Hale End FC
Whatever the team, Wenger better include Flamini as a starter or super sub... I am rioting if he doesn't.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
What are all of you smoking? Putting Flamini in your team next to Santi?

It's not about scoring goals in Coquelin's position, its about breaking up opposition play.

There is nothing to suggest he can replace Coquelin in that role. He needs to show he can do it better than Ramsey to warrant a start in the team.

For now its Ramsey under instruction to hold there.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Arteta starts I can see him being sent off. Could of gone on Wednesday for that late high challenge on Townsend and then he tripped over himself just trying to tackle someone. His only use is coming on for 20 minutes to close games.

pikey2000

What are all of you smoking? Putting Flamini in your team next to Santi?

It's not about scoring goals in Coquelin's position, its about breaking up opposition play.

There is nothing to suggest he can replace Coquelin in that role. He needs to show he can do it better than Ramsey to warrant a start in the team.

For now its Ramsey under instruction to hold there.

I want to see some form player being picked to re-enforce this so called competition for places and hopefully get the best out of what we have in the squad.

That means Santi rides the bench along with Arteta as they have both started the seasons slowly and Ramsey plays CM next to Flamini who gets reward for his performance mid week.

When Coquelin returns from injury he benches Flamessi as hopefully by then Ramsey has nailed down the CM slot!!!!

That's my little dream anyway

ScotVieira

Established Member
I like the look of this although I really fear we will lose with that Ramteta midfield as Rambo will constantly be ahead of play and Arteta will struggle under pressure.

Lukola

Any of know of a bar/pub/venue in the London area I could catch a stream of the game? Didn't get tickets to away screening at Emirates and want to watch. Cheers

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Seeing as whoever we play at CF they are poor, why not try without one.

----------------------Cech
- - - - - - - - Ramsey - - Flamini
Walcott - - - - - Özil- - - - Alexis-----Ox

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member

We'd get raped with that line up. 70yo Arteta left stranded while Ramsey does his best CF impression, Özil jogs back while Walcott and Bellarin do nothing to contain their left winger who maybe Mahrez as he plays on both flanks.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
I want

..................Cech
Bellarin.....Gab.....Kos......Monreal
...........Arteta.......Ramsey
..................Cazorla
Özil........................................Alexis
....................Theo

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I want

..................Cech
Bellarin.....Gab.....Kos......Monreal
...........Arteta.......Ramsey
..................Cazorla
Özil........................................Alexis
....................Theo

Ramsey will come forward anyway, so you may as well swap him and Cazorla.

Token Yank

I would do this
Back 5

Flamini Ramsey
Ox Özil Sanchez
Theo

Bunker down defensively and hit on the counter. Tell Ramsey he is not Messi and to sit back and do the dirty work.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Ramsey will come forward anyway, so you may as well swap him and Cazorla.

Yea I imagine Cazorla covering for Ramsey when he goes forward but Ramsey essentially playing a B2B role.

I've got no idea how we line up but pretty sure Ramsey, Özil, Santi, Alexis and Walcott all start alongside probably imo another midfielder from either Flamini or Arteta.

That is if Coq is definitely out ofcourse. Not sure what the latest is on him.

Oh_Snap

Stability. Pace. Penetration. And Özil can play very well on the right Wing. Made Abidal look like a clown in his RM-days.

cech
Bellerin Gabriel Kos Monreal
ramsey-flamster-caz
özil-walcott-alexis

pikey2000

If we are posting what we want rather than what we think will happen i would go with

-----------------Cech---------------
Bellerin-Gabriel-Kos-Monreal
---------------Arteta---------------
-----Ramsey--------Flamini-----
----------------Özil-----------------
-----Sanchez-------Walcott-----

Arteta becomes a water boy, distribution only. Ramsey and Flamini are the legs/energy and Özil has stacks of movement in front of him to aim for in the form of Sancehz & Walcott

When Wilshere and Coquelin return Wilshere replaces Arteta and Coq replaces Flamini

Santi rotates with Özil

Wryer

We cannot afford to go full out open attacking against them. At the moment they are the sharpest counter attacking team in the league. Was Crystal palace 3 weeks back.

This will test Wenger's tactical nous, but I'm afraid he's just going to put out the best 11 he has on paper, then to think of some containment strategy. Arteta don't have the legs anymore and I'm afraid Flamini is the best option we have. If Ramsey still remembers how to be a midfielder, his intensity and stamina will complement Flamini well.

Monreal will be tested by Mahrez. He's been one of our best performers this season and I think he can cope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom