• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Man Utd v Arsenal - Mon. Dec. 13 | 20:00 | SS1

Humble Rex

Established Member
Re: EPL - Man Utd V Arsenal - Mon. Dec. 13, 20.00.SS1

Think Fungus will play

Fletcher, Carrick
Nani, Anderson/Park, Shrek
Berbatov

Hope he doesn´t and opts for a 4-4-2 instead.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Now that Scholes is as good as out, I guess he'll be playing a 4-4-2 with Anderson and Fletcher in MF, Nani and Park on the wings, Berbatov and Shrek up front.

Can neither see him dropping Berbatov for Carrick (to play 4-5-1), nor dropping Shrek of course.

Humble Rex

Established Member

Fungus knows a defensive 4-5-1, bore us to death, and then punish us on the counter when we attack with everyone bar Flappy is the proven recipe to beat us. Doubt he will deviate from that.

Tony Montana

Established Member

squallkid said:
The big 1, the grand-daddy of matches. This is the biggest league match of the year in my eyes. We've had the rivalry for years and it has been intense throughout the years and beating Man Utd is more difficult than winning a NLD at least in my eyes and we have to set a few things right.

There's no rivalry anymore, not like it used to be anyway.

They don't like us but their rivalry is with City and Liverpool, then Leeds after that (traditionally).

United v Arsenal is just a big game now.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I dont think we going to win this one with our useless defense.

Its more a question of us out scoring them, which I also doubt looking at our goal to chance ratio.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

Humble Rex said:
Fungus knows a defensive 4-5-1, bore us to death, and then punish us on the counter when we attack with everyone bar Flappy is the proven recipe to beat us. Doubt he will deviate from that.

If he does that, he'll have to start Carrick who's not in good form for ages now, and drop one of Shrek or Berbatov.

Can't see him doing that, but you're right, he'd sacrifice his masterplan with playing 4-4-2 against us.

We'll see.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Van Persie shouldn't start and I very much doubt he will.

No way we will play 4-4-2 at Old Trafford. Chamakh was taken off tonight and he will start up top.

I would say a midfield trio of Song, Rosikcy and Wilshere would be best. Denilson put in a pretty good shift today. A bit poor with some of his passing but defensive positioning I thought was good tonight for the most part. I don't think he should start. If we are ahead at the 75 minute mark I'd sub of Wilshere for him.

Nasri and Arshavin for the wings.

Also I hope DJ is fit.

thegame24

Established Member

if denilson and koscielny play we will lose

Lord Dula

Established Member

thegame24 said:
Those two worry me so much. Neither looked assured of themselves. This levels too much for them right now

IBL

Established Member

Cant see us keeping a clean sheet, a draw would be a very good result

squallkid

Established Member

Tony Montana said:
squallkid said:
The big 1, the grand-daddy of matches. This is the biggest league match of the year in my eyes. We've had the rivalry for years and it has been intense throughout the years and beating Man Utd is more difficult than winning a NLD at least in my eyes and we have to set a few things right.

There's no rivalry anymore, not like it used to be anyway.

They don't like us but their rivalry is with City and Liverpool, then Leeds after that (traditionally).

United v Arsenal is just a big game now.

Well it's time we brought it back, it's no wonder Ferguson's new fondness of us and Wenger is because we're not winning trophies.

The day Ferguson goes back to hating our guts is the day that you know that we are a threat again

Lord Dula

Established Member

Most rivalries have died down. It's cis of the types of people within the game

too many fannies

dpt49

Established Member

thegame24 said:
If we keep a clean sheet we will win the league, hence we are not going to win the league.

If Villa, Fulham and Partisan can score against us in our last 3 games, Man u will get a hatfull,
our defending is beyond a joke

otfgoon

Established Member

dpt49 said:
If we keep a clean sheet we will win the league, hence we are not going to win the league.

If Villa, Fulham and Partisan can score against us in our last 3 games, Man u will get a hatfull,

United have conceded 6 in their last 3 games, we've conceded 2.

Hopefully the team don't wet themselves in the same manner some of you guys are. Pretty embarrasing.

fabo

6.51 / 10

We are a different team away, I wouldn't be surprised if we won but I think we can get a draw minimum.

My worry is not about the backline or midfield but who is gonna score the goals to beat United. We nearly always play well there but fail to really capitalise, and looking at our attackers I worry something similar could happen.

Anyway, I'll say 1-1.

dpt49

Established Member

otfgoon said:
dpt49 said:

United have conceded 6 in their last 3 games, we've conceded 2.

Hopefully the team don't wet themselves in the same manner most of you guys are. Pretty embarrasing.
But Fulham had only scored 5 away all season and Partisan, in our group, had previously scored 1

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

2-2. Some moments of inspiration mixed with some **** ups at the back. The usual.

Nela

Established Member

fabo said:
We are a different team away, I wouldn't be surprised if we won but I think we can get a draw minimum.

My worry is not about the backline or midfield but who is gonna score the goals to beat United. We nearly always play well there but fail to really capitalise, and looking at our attackers I worry something similar could happen.
I think our best bet is to try to get the best out of Nasri and Arshavin, the two most likely to produce, by playing Chamakh and an actual midielder behind him instead of RvP. Let Chamakh work his socks off, keeping Vidic and Ferdinand buisy, and use Nasri and Arshavin prominently in our attacks. Both are capable of scoring there IMO. Add to that, Evra isn't have a great season and Raphael is still defensively suspect.

Walcott and RvP should be kept as impact subs.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom