• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Man Utd v Arsenal - Mon. Dec. 13 | 20:00 | SS1

otfgoon

Established Member
Re: EPL - Man Utd V Arsenal - Mon. Dec. 13, 20.00.SS1

dpt49 said:
But Fulham had only scored 5 away all season and Partisan, in our group, had previously scored 1

And? :lol:

Wolves have only scored 5 away from home, one of those was against United. Everton have scored 10 goals at home all season, 3 of them were against United. Liverpool have scored 5 away from home all season, 2 of them against United. None of this stuff means ****.

Our defence is a concern, but theirs is not much better, if at all.

Tony Montana

Established Member

otfgoon said:
dpt49 said:
But Fulham had only scored 5 away all season and Partisan, in our group, had previously scored 1

And? :lol:

Wolves have only scored 5 away from home, one of those was against United. Everton have scored 10 goals at home all season, 3 of them were against United. Liverpool have scored 5 away from home all season, 2 of them against United. None of this stuff means ****.

Our defence is a concern, but theirs is not much better, if at all.

What a comeback! :lol:

yuvken

Established Member

Cirnc/arsmile line ups. One strange thought after today is, though he was not yet there, maybe VP instead (rather than with) of Chamakh.
Betting AA will be right back to his best, and counting on it. With red hot AA and Nasty, and with an AM, we can hurt them. Then if it's VP or Chamakh that start - don't mind so much. We need to keep who ever is in good shape on the day.
Utd will try to expose everything we let all the world see - our CB's are in for a torture, Fab's will be tested for high balls (Nani, etc.).
But something tells me we'll do ok. Can't really explain it (just like I couldn't explain why I was really, really worried before the game tonight). We'll win.

jerome2158

Established Member

Lord Dula said:
Most rivalries have died down. It's cis of the types of people within the game

too many fannies

I view this somewhat as being like us vs chelsea.

We certainly don't like each other much, and it's a big game...but it's not a rivalry match. Used to be more, but the players don't hate each other nearly as much these days.

Raider

Established Member

fabo said:
We are a different team away, I wouldn't be surprised if we won but I think we can get a draw minimum.

My worry is not about the backline or midfield but who is gonna score the goals to beat United. We nearly always play well there but fail to really capitalise, and looking at our attackers I worry something similar could happen.

Anyway, I'll say 1-1.

Come again Fabo? I'm in the complete opposite boat. I think if any part of our squad has thrived this years it's been our front men, the third goal today was the 63rd goal of the season and we're only at the start of December. And it isn't like only one or two players are grabbing them, the goals are spread out nicely from the wide men, strikers and even the midielders too.

For me it's our midfields lack of bullishness and their seemingly uncaring approch when facing United. 80% of the time you have united midfielders steaming towards you to cut out your options - usually forcing us into endless mistakes. Whereas our midfielder jog around and ball watch when we don't have it.

You control the midfield, you usually control the game. But we will see. Very unsure if I want Jack Wilshere to start or not.

P_Gunner

Jack will give 150% and isn't afraid to get stuck in. He always closes down and is better than Denilson. He must start this game.

Wokich

Put Nasri in the MIDDLE! He's good on the wing, but that's not his position. He needs to be in the central of the park where he can architect the attack.

If that means Cesc makes way, than so be it. Nasri is the most in form player in the league right now and we'd be fools not to take advantage of it.

P_Gunner

Nasri is the most inform player in the team right now so lets not change his position, regardless of the fact that many see that as his natural position.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
And the reason Nasri's been on fire recently is because he has the freedom to run at people and do whatever he wants with the ball. I feel we'd seriously limit him if we made him our playmaker at Old Trafford. Let him run at Rafael/Fabio/out-of-form-Evra and let someone else take care of Fletcher/Anderson, preferably Rosicky. Those two and Arshavin can interchange anyways.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Nah, Nasri should stay on the wing. That is where he has excelled lately. No need to mess with that. A functioning central midfield, (Song, Jack, Rozza), will bring out the best of both him and Arshavin.

Bossa

Established Member
Last time a silly goalkeeper display and a stupid own goal from Diaby cost us.

And I still dont know wether I want to see RVP start or not.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Although he will probably be left on the wing, I think Nasri could play successfully in the middle myself - just give him the Fabregas role, it's not like it carries much defensive responsibility anyway. Theo could then run out right.

I don't think Rosicky will be effective for us in this match. He doesn't score and he's regularly quite anonymous.

Bossa

Established Member
Nasri is turning into a goalscoring forward. If you put him in midfield I think that his goalthreat will be lower. Currently he scores a lot of goals because he can beat defenders with ease with his dribbling and speed, and by making great diagonal runs from the wing.

hesham

Established Member
I'd put Thomas in the middle with Jack & Song & Chamakh up front, RvP showed the touch of class we've been missing upfront but i think this game might be to early for him to start...

Him and Theo can come on for Chamakh & AA in the 2nd half.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Raider said:
Come again Fabo? I'm in the complete opposite boat. I think if any part of our squad has thrived this years it's been our front men, the third goal today was the 63rd goal of the season and we're only at the start of December. And it isn't like only one or two players are grabbing them, the goals are spread out nicely from the wide men, strikers and even the midielders too.

But we never score enough in big matches. Our midfield usually does OK at OT and our backline looks less exposed in away games(deeper defensive line and a more disciplined game all over the pitch).

Of course there's always the danger that one of our clowns will cost us the game(Fabianski, Koscielny, Squillaci, Song) but I believe that if we can score twice we'll win.

vantoure

Ah men, this article brings back memories. Reading that article just made me realize why I'm so fond of the Arsenal

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=850127&sec=england&root=england&cc=3888" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/st ... nd&cc=3888</a>

How I miss proper football

Biggus

Established Member
Burnwinter said:
Although he will probably be left on the wing, I think Nasri could play successfully in the middle myself - just give him the Fabregas role, it's not like it carries much defensive responsibility anyway. Theo could then run out right.
Well thats it you don't have to be strong everywhere, if someone is doing well down the right well keep putting it down the right then, force them into trying to cope with it.

I think we're going to need someone "in the Fabregas role" now and in the future.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
I would have liked to see Nasri in the middle last night but since we didn't, its a no brainer he starts on the right. Don't think there is room for both RvP and Chamakh in a game like this so i want to see Song, Wilshere and Rosicky in midfield with Chmakh Arsh and Nasri as the front 3.

I'm almost certain Utd will play 4-5-1 with Rooney as the lone striker.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom