• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Man Utd v Arsenal - Mon. Dec. 13 | 20:00 | SS1

squallkid

Established Member
It is a crazy idea but with Song thinking he's zidane recently and Wenger patting him on the back and letting him run amok instead of being DM what are you going to do?

Unless Wenger drills it into his skull that he isn't supposed to cross the halfway line on Monday and sees that he doesn't

squallkid

Established Member
Crazy yes but I guess I just wanted us to try something different instead of the same old same old.

1-1 draw on the cards I think.

Someone will go 1-0 up and bottle it in injury time conceding a soft goal

yuvken

Established Member
squalkid said:
Crazy yes but I guess I just wanted us to try something different instead of the same old same old
Let's play Bendtner and Walcott as CBs, and tell Fabiansky to grow a mustache. We'll have size and speed, and certainly an element of surprise.
outlaw_member said:
I have to question the sanity of those suggesting that he should play through the middle. :shock:
No need to go that far (he tends to go there himself when he feels we lack something in that area - even did a bit of that yesterday), just we lose him at his best position, in the form of his life, when we can finally pose a serious threat from both sides - and with Rosicky at least as good there (and pretty much useless elsewhere) - unclear why we would want to do that. Anyway, at least for now it is clear VP should not do this job, and something needs to happen for it to click between him and Chamakh (I even had the strange thought today that Chamakh was petrified playing along side VP. Don't ask me why, I don't have a good answer. It just looked like that).

squallkid

Established Member
I wouldn't go that far Yuvken :lol: but Walcott would be the fastest centerback in the league 8))

Who do you guys suggest we play in the middle then?

yuvken

Established Member
I agreed with Song - Jaques-Rosicky early suggestions
(with AA, Nasty and either of in front).

KY

Established Member
Why don't we throw them a curve ball and show up? That's all I'm asking for.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
squallkid said:
I wouldn't go that far Yuvken :lol: but Walcott would be the fastest centerback in the league 8))

Who do you guys suggest we play in the middle then?
After Partizan, I'd almost rather Djourou in MF than Denilson. But I'd go with Song, Wilshere, and Rosicky.

And, yuvken, I think he can pull it off to be honest. We need a new mutsachio in goal.

imagesffabianski0801200.jpg

otfgoon

Established Member
squallkid said:
Let's throw United a massive curve-ball. Fergie probably thinks he can predict our line up and tactics in his sleep but I say we go with

---Schmeichelanski---

Sagna--Koscielny-Squillaci-Clichy

-----Djourou--Denilson-----

-Van Persie----Wilshere------Nasri--

-----------Chamakh----

Djourou who would basically be a 3rd center back along with Denilson protecting the back 4 because let's face it, Denilson needs all the help he can get there and I don't trust Song for this game. I think Jack could do a job being the creative maestro of that midfield.

If Arshavin can't give us 100% then I don't want him to start the game, we can't afford to have any lazy players on the pitch on Monday because everyone has to give it their all.

Robin on the right and Chamakh up top with Walcott and Arshavin on the bench to cause damage in the 2nd half against tired legs

Oh dear.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Wouldn't it be great to end their unbeaten run, in the "style" they ended ours back in 2004?

Crap refereeing, kicking their players and so on, you know?

mistaT

Established Member
redwhiteAustrian said:
Wouldn't it be great to end their unbeaten run, in the "style" they ended ours back in 2004?

Crap refereeing, kicking their players and so on, you know?

Right, who on our team is going to kick one of their players?

Could honestly only see Squilaci, maybe Nasri, do it....we're soft.

Some of the formations you lot are putting together are straight :shock: with a touch of :lol:

Fab
Sagna-Kos-Squil-Clichy (want DJ instead of Kos though)
Wilshere-Song
Rosicky
Nasri-Chamakh-Arshavin (RVP on at the 60th)

Feeling reasonably confident, not guaranteeing a win but I certainly believe we have it in us to pull a result.

squallkid

Established Member
Who would we get to kick them Red?

Arshavin? Ha

Chamakh? maybe

Denilson? **** No

Rosicky? give me a break

Wilshere would

Nasri is from Marseilles so that wouldn't be a problem

So Wilshere, Nasri, Squillaci, Song and Sagna to kick lumps out of Man Utd then.

That would gurantee at least 5 red cards for us though because it is Old Trafford and Howard Webb. If Squillaci breathes on Rooney who will of course fall over, that's a straight red and a penalty along with a touchline ban for Wenger :wink:

mo50

Established Member
squallkid said:
So Wilshere, Nasri, Squillaci, Song and Sagna to kick lumps out of Man Utd then.

:lol: I don't think anyone would be scared of the first 3. Diaby and Song are as gentle as they come.

I just hope we can take our chances. I'm quite confident we'll be controlling the game, their midfield doesn't fill me with an ounce of fear.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Well, I wasn't being serious at all. :lol:

Apart from our players not being able (or willing) to kick theirs, it's never going to happen that we benefit from crap-refereeing at OT.
Not in a million years.

Maybe kicking them wouldn't be a good option anyway, because we'd surely end up with less than ten men at OT.

squallkid

Established Member
It was a bit tongue in cheek mo50, we wouldn't kick United even if all their players came onto the field with "kick me" signs on their backs

It's United, every aspect of their team fills me with fear along with our ability to capitulate at any opportunity.

I fear none of us will be comfortable at all during the game even if we go 3-0 up

yuvken

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
mutsachio in goal.
imagesffabianski0801200.jpg
:lol: I saw him more in a Lekh Valensa, but perhaps I should have realized this is at least as Gdansk. See what I mean about "surprise"? forget high balls - Nani is going to send them all to row Z.
(why don't we have mustachio emoticons?)

otfgoon

Established Member
Evra is at it again apparently

YoungGunsBlog Jamie Sanderson
Patrice Evra have launched a scathing attack on Arsenal to French TV. Set to be aired tonight. All over English papers tomorrow.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom