• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Man Utd v Arsenal - Mon. Dec. 13 | 20:00 | SS1

squallkid

Established Member
That was a freak result if anything.

It had 0-0 written all over it but they took their chance and we didn't.

That's the difference between these two sides.

We're a bunch of bottlers

They're a group of seasoned winners.

fabo

6.51 / 10
When is Wenger gonna realise that United are a better team than us and playing our natural game in big matches just isn't getting the job done?

I struggle to see us getting anything at home to Chelsea either.

squallkid

Established Member
A routine 3-0 win for Chelsea in that game Fabo.

Drogba to score, Lampard to score another and we will find a way to gift them a 3rd goal.

Which would leave us 5 points behind United who have a game in hand.

(I hope I jinxed it now and we win)

arsmile

Established Member
you know...we really should try something different in these matches.

manure and chelsea switch their tactics to face us and are always successful whilst looking decidedly average.

just in these matches against the best teams in europe....we've got the players to play counter attacking football in theo/arshavin particularly- that seems to always be the way to win these matches....

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
goonerleila said:
kofigunner said:
kav said:
also clichy, seriously what has happened to this guy
Shava.

He's been like this for 3 years now - long before Arshavin arrived. It's funny that he chooses to play really **** whenever Gibbs is injured therefore he can't be dropped lol

Clichy handled Nani pretty well. Considering that they attacked down his side all night. He was unlucky with the goal and the penalty. I haven't watched a replay of the game but my initial thoughts were that he played pretty well.

Our main problem was a toothless attack. Too slow and deliberate did not get the ball into the danger area enough. We never caused any real mayhem in their box.....AA was poor today and Nasri was never really at the races. Rosciky, while keeping the midfield moving never really provided enough bite going forward.

These players are developing a Spuds like syndrome against the big clubs - Chelsea & MANU..or so it seems. 1pt out of a possible 33! Incredibly bad. They need a victory against Chelsea to give them some belief, or sayonara to the league for this year. There seemed to be little REAL belief in the team that they could score or get something out of this game.....or maybe that was just my personal feeling, whilst watching the game.

Arsenal_FAN1983

We need a new way of playing against MAN UTD and Chelsea, it seems we pass the ball too much too slowly giving the opposition time to get back and defend. We need to try being more direct in these games, get players to make forward runs and passing quickly to have a better chance of getting in behind defences. We have the players capable, we just need to have a plan B if our patient passing game is getting us nowhere.

Raider

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/8200438/Manchester-United-v-Arsenal-Wojciech-Szczesny-has-confidence-to-become-great.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... great.html</a>
“It reached the stage where, when he let a goal in, we wondered how he hadn’t saved it,” said Scott.

I took a positive last night. Szczesny.

JazzG

Established Member
Just not good enough yesterday but to our credit we did go into the game without two of our keepers, Vermaelen and with Fabregas + RvP not fully fit either so that didn't help.

I thought Arshavin, Nasri and Rosicky really didn't do enough to create, Arshavin got himself into good positions and didn't do much. Nasri seemed to spark into life when he switched wings but it didn't last for very long. Song also had a poor game defensively as well as in attack, thought Jack did ok yesterday and was impressed by him.

Just had nobody out there to impose themselves on this game and stand out and yet again we lose. In our last 11 games against Man utd or Chelsea I read we have lost 10 and drawn one, a shocking stat if true.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's because of games like yesterdays that I hope Ramsey comes back soon. He would've fired some rockets at goal. We seem to be stuck in this one-two movement which Man U took special care to defend. Around the 18 I think everybody should have a clear mandate to shoot unless there's an obviously better pass. Teams like Man U are not going to allow us to walk the ball into the net. To be fair Shava tried a few but they were woeful.

dyeruz

Established Member
How many crosses did we get into the box? As for shots, Arshavin usually tries and they end up off target if he's outside the box, our problem is we play around the box, yesterday the united goal came from good wing play and players making runs into the box, had that been us, the cross wouldnt have come in and we would have pass pass passed

Rorz

Established Member
I think it was a big mistake that Walcott did not start yesterday. The front 3 were pretty poor overall, but the Nasri-Arshavin wing combination wass just a little bit too slow to crack United's defence. Every time we got the ball in their half we seemed clueless and without direction. Theo's darting runs may have helped earlier in the game.

That said, he might have had a shocker, and I wasn't particularly impressed with him when he did come on.

Thought we were unlucky to lose really. We didn't do much to deserve a win, but neither did United.

Tony Montana

Established Member
ThaSaltCracka said:
Not barging in bro, I just don't like that line at all. There is no reason to tell someone to gtfo just because their subjective POV doesn't align with yours (and I have zero dog in this fight either).

You guys should both be free to say what you want without going at each other imo.

When Shue doesn't like what he reads he throws a fit or wallows in sarcasm and condescending nature. He doesn't know how to debate without throwing little digs here and there. The fact that his view is different from mine has nothing to do with it.

If he can't handle it, get the hell out. Simple.

dreamLord

Established Member
I don't know what game some people were watching - Rooney made a muppet out of both our CBs on numerous occasions. United look dangerous on every ****ing counter, because none of our CBs had the strength to stop him from controlling,turning and passing throughout the game.

Shue

Established Member
Still talking Tony? I thought we'd dropped this last night.

If you don't like my posts maybe you should either foe me or get the hell out. Simple.

It cuts both ways.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
dreamLord said:
I don't know what game some people were watching - Rooney made a muppet out of both our CBs on numerous occasions. United look dangerous on every ******* counter, because none of our CBs had the strength to stop him from controlling,turning and passing throughout the game.
Squid had a few moments, Kos not so much. All in all, with the constant pressure they faced from our inability to control the ball, they did well.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Shue said:
Still talking Tony? I thought we'd dropped this last night.

If you don't like my posts maybe you should either foe me or get the hell out. Simple.

It cuts both ways.

I was talking to TheSaltCracka who responded to me. You can see that. :?

I merely told him what I have told you.

I can handle your posts and debate with your viewpoint. I have no problem with peeps having a different view from me. I've been here longer than both you and TheSaltCracka so I think it's fair to say that i've seen them come and go, the crazy and not so crazy, and I've enjoyed it all. What I don't like is your smug holier than thou attitude which you clearly display. It's ok occasionally here and there as no one is perfect but it's everywhere and where it's really not necessary.

Cut it out, be clear, and debate.

Shue

Established Member
Again, if you don't like it, there are in-built board mechanisms for dealing with it. Foe me or move on. This is monotonous.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well guys time to move on we need new formation to play with big teams yesterday manure play with 5 midfelders they control the game at first half score lucky goal and we didn't creat any signal chance to score

new buffon he done a great game TBH save alot of balls

the defense well good game espically from kosh he was good with ronney not give him space to play squillaci some mistakes

clichy the worst player with song today from start the game he give nani space when you play with nani never give him space but what we can do sagna good game as always

our MF was lost yesterday song alot of wrong passes he made me sick wilshere cant do nothing rozza seems lost

arshavin i dont know yesterday he dont know to shot
nasri give his best chamakh didn't do nothing

our subs give us good pace when van persie and walcott enter but the game was over cuz manure was defend very well

well guys time to move on still we have more then 20 games to play

just one note : i hope wenger tell his players to not get nervous when they play with big teams

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom