• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Man Utd vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 3/11/12 | SS2

Jbruin

Established Member
Re: BPL – Man Utd vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 3/11/12 | SS2

Really want Wilshere to own the midfield, these ****ing ManUre fans going on about how Cleverely is better is irritating to say the least.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐

The Jury said:
We'll pass them to death. We always do. I just hope we don't concede in the little time they have the ball, and actually create something ourselves...in between loooong periods of possession.

Think it'll be even worse this year, they actually struggled to keep possession against 9-men Chelsea last weekend.

Let's hope for a few red cards and injuries tomorrow, perfect point in time for these two teams to play each other again. I've read Scholes is already on his fourth booking (unsurprisingly), if he plays tomorrow at the Bridge and gets booked their midfield will be even worse than it is already. They are down to bare bones in defence too, they'll probably play something like 3-1-6.

Really want us to smash these ****s, despicable bunch of ****s. I'll go berserk and drink myself into oblivion if we do. I'll probably also do it if we lose.

Pea-Tear-Griffin

jones said:
mo50 said:
Naa, I disagree with that. The guy has scored plenty of crucial goals for us against big teams. Last season alone he scored at OT, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. He comes up with the goods more often than not in the big games. Let's hope we nullify him properly.

He scored at OT and missed a penalty in the same game, think the score was just 2-0 or so at the time. Scoring at Anfield isn't much of an achievement these days, think that stat of us having as many wins at Anfield as Liverpool themselves in 2012 still holds true, doesn't it? Stamford Bridge I'll definitely give you.

He scored against every team apart from Man City in the league.

squallkid

Established Member
1-0 to the Arsenal, Giroud with the goal.

The title push starts here, something about this game just has me I don't know how to explain it. Before we played City and Chelsea I wasn't really that concerned or excited but right now I'm thinking something big will happen this weekend.

I won't even try to predict the team because Wenger will pull a rabbit out the hat ala starting Benayoun in the NLD.

I don't care so much about the result as I do about the performance, yes I'd gladly take a 1-0 win with an own goal off of Evra's ass without us having a single shot but more importantly I want us to go there and stand up to them. No hiding about, no lackadaisical attitude, no fear either, just turn up and play like we're their equals. Do not smile and hug that traitor, kick him in the shins at least twice let him know you can't just leave Arsenal and not expect some payback. Go up there like it's 2004, I don't want to take any **** from that lot on Saturday. Lose, win or draw just go up there and play like an Arsenal team, a real Arsenal team.

a_fourteen

Established Member

Pea-Tear-Griffin said:
jones said:
mo50 said:
Naa, I disagree with that. The guy has scored plenty of crucial goals for us against big teams. Last season alone he scored at OT, Anfield and Stamford Bridge. He comes up with the goods more often than not in the big games. Let's hope we nullify him properly.

He scored at OT and missed a penalty in the same game, think the score was just 2-0 or so at the time. Scoring at Anfield isn't much of an achievement these days, think that stat of us having as many wins at Anfield as Liverpool themselves in 2012 still holds true, doesn't it? Stamford Bridge I'll definitely give you.

He scored against every team apart from Man City in the league.
...and The Arsenal.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

yousif_arsenal said:
jones said:
First off, you have us losing on your opening post, what the ****.

Then, far more important than possible line-ups is who the ref will be.

Mike Dean :( .

Oh well, starting with a handicap is always the Arsenal way...

This sucks... :(

Sydney Gooner

Established Member

THunter said:
All week I've been thinking of the game in 2006 when we won 1-0 with Adebayor scoring late on after a Cesc master class.

If Cazorla sets up Giroud and we win 1-0, I'll be ******* delighted!

I was thinking about that too. Here's to a Chamakh and grab in Wenger time off a mistake from van pursestrings.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

juice man said:
17-0 Arsenal.
stop being generous to United mate
17-0 is too generous 37-0 is more like it

VAVAVOOM 14

uva_gunner86 said:
If the unfortunate were to happen and he scored (knock on wood that it doesn't) - do you think he would celebrate?

Yep, he'll probably sport the biggest **** eating grin you've ever seen whilst hugging Rooney and co.

What a stomach churning image...

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I really want us to do them, they're overdue for a beating at their graveyard of a stadium. Can't and won't bear yet another possession orgy, in which we create nothing and they put us to the sword with one counter attack and a dubious PK - I've had it with those run of plays.

The fact that we're playing against Dean makes me cringe as well, but we've had tougher demons to fight with in recent seasons. Let's hope we overcome that.

A lot depends on the team selection, I really hope Gibbs and Szczesny are fit, then we have a good chance of beating them. If they're not, we need Mannone and Santos to have a great day, otherwise it could get ugly yet again. I don't think ManUre have the players to execute their well known anti-Arsenal patters against us, they're far too shaky at the back this season.

I honestly think the team with more possession is going to win this, in contrast to recent seasons. The more we create, the bigger the chance we hit them.
If bloody Spu*s can beat them, we can as well.

Come on Arsenal!

chessygoal

We should have a lot of options for our midfield (+Rw) :
Arteta,Cazorla, Wilshere + Diaby, Rosicky, Ramsey, Coquelin, Arshavin who can all add something different to our team.
We'll dominate, as usual, this area.

Proof

Established Member
uva_gunner86 said:
If the unfortunate were to happen and he scored (knock on wood that it doesn't) - do you think he would celebrate?
I don't think he will celebrate. I definitely don't expect an outrageous celebration from him.

pikey2000

I said it in a thread elsewhere....both teams are defensively suspect, our midfield is superior to theirs and their strikeforce is superior to ours.

Unfortunately I think their superior strike force will make the difference rather than our midfield.

I really hope im wrong. Giroud looked hungry last night, hope he can take that through to United along with Walcott.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom