• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Man Utd vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 3/11/12 | SS2

dreamLord

Established Member
Too much concentration on RvP, and Rooney Valencia and Young will do us one. Better to treat him as an irrelevant prick that he is.

viper_001

Established Member
Our record at OT: :|

28.08.2011 PL Manchester United 8-2 Arsenal FC
12.03.2011 Cup Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal FC
13.12.2010 PL Manchester United 1-0 Arsenal FC
29.08.2009 PL Manchester United 2-1 Arsenal FC
16.05.2009 PL Manchester United 0-0 Arsenal FC
29.04.2009 CL Manchester United 1-0 Arsenal FC
13.04.2008 PL Manchester United 2-1 Arsenal FC
16.02.2008 Cup Manchester United 4-0 Arsenal FC
17.09.2006 PL Manchester United 0-1 Arsenal FC
09.04.2006 PL Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal FC
24.10.2004 PL Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal FC
21.09.2003 PL Manchester United 0-0 Arsenal FC
07.12.2002 PL Manchester United 2-0 Arsenal FC

It stretches as far back as the invincibles era, so I wouldn't say it has anything to do with any lack of quality. We'll have Howard Webb as the ref, right? Well, this article is a good read:

<a class="postlink" href="http://thefunnygooner.wordpress.com/2012/10/29/what-you-ought-to-know-about-manchester-united-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thefunnygooner.wordpress.com/201 ... -united-2/</a>

a_fourteen

Established Member
Wenger goes to OT with a point to prove. Fungus knows it and simply sets them up for three points. I bet you we are all fired up to bomb forward. They will absorb our pressure up the pitch and break on the flanks catching our FBs off guard. 60% possession to Arsenal and 2-3 goals to United.

Glovegun

Established Member
In the past we've just played tippy-tappy bollocks all over the pitch, pulled ourselves out of shape and they've just hit us on the break.

With Mertesacker back our positioning is a hell of a lot better. He's the key man on Saturday, forget anybody else.

The other major difference is that rather than sending up a team full of kids, who inevitably cave under the pressure, we should have an experienced side out there. Wilshere and potentially Ramsey and Szczesny are the only youngsters likely to be involved, and none of those three seem easily intimidated. People might slag Ramsey off but that boy is a real fighter IMO, never hides on the pitch.

Having disciplined internationals like Arteta, Vermaelen, Sagna, Mertesacker, Podolski and Cazorla out there is a big boost. We haven't had that in the team for so long.

I want to hate RVP, but I just can't. Doesn't feel right.

Flow

----Giroud-Podolski
Cazorla--------Walcott
----Wilshere-Arteta
Gibbs-TV5-Merte-Sagna
--------SZCZ

That's what I'd like to see our 433 transform into. We should play like this when attacking, so Giroud has a striking partner and Podolski gets far more often close to the goal.

qs

Established Member
Glovegun said:
Having disciplined internationals like Arteta, Vermaelen, Sagna, Mertesacker, Podolski and Cazorla out there is a big boost. We haven't had that in the team for so long.

Ehhhh... :lol:

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Gibbs is very unlikely to play this game so it will be Santos on the left, needs to have a good game

Airknight

Established Member
dreamLord said:
Too much concentration on RvP, and Rooney Valencia and Young will do us one. Better to treat him as an irrelevant ***** that he is.

I assume you haven't watched them recently? he's doing everything for them.

A proper focus on RVP, Valencia and Kagawa if he starts, and there goes their attack creation, massive game for the unpredictable Vermaelen.

say yes

forum master baiter
This is pretty epic to say the least:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjyitIwgOnY&feature=g-all-f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjyitIwg ... re=g-all-f</a>

Proof

Established Member
Glovegun said:
I want to hate RVP, but I just can't. Doesn't feel right.
I completely understand you. I just can't start calling someone a **** or wishing him leg breaks after last season, I ran out of superlatives describing him as a player. Not to mention the fact that he's Arsenal 8th all-time goalscorer. We'll see how he'll behave on Saturday. He didn't say a bad word since he left us and he stopped posting on Twitter.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Even if we lose this but i want class performance from our lads at least, but am hoping to win its has been very long time we don't win there they are weak this season spuds win there fulham go there and score 2 goals the same with braga and stoke city i think we can score goals there but we really need to mark van persie cuz he is on fire at the moment.

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
I am more worried about the refereeing standard than our performance, which I am confident is going to be top drawer. United defence is poor and we can get a positive result. Return of Gibbs will relax my nerves, is he back for this game?

Come on Per, put ambitious RvP in your back pocket.

Original_AAA

We're going to lose this one, the question is only by how much. Man U's defence looks shacky so we should be able to get one or two goals. So something along the lines of 4-1 or 4-2 sounds likely.

Will be interesting to see how much RvP celebrates when he scores. Will he do an Adebayor or will he be a tad more respectful?

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Proof said:
Not to mention the fact that he's Arsenal 8th all-time goalscorer.
8th all-time goalscorer, No. 1 c*** and Judas in the club history (possibly).

He's the reason I haven't watched MOTD and any other Premiership games outside Arsenal. I have no good wishes for this piece of money-grabbing ****.

mistaT

Established Member
Not a chance RVP celebrates if he scores.

He may have done all he could to get the move (including the letter) but he'll have more class than that.

I actually fancy us to play well - my only concern is their wide play. We've got a better CM and CB than them, and while their strikers are class I think we can limit their service.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom