• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL – Man Utd vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 3/11/12 | SS2

ArsenalDNA

Re: BPL – Man Utd vs Arsenal – 12:45pm – 3/11/12 | SS2

SomGooner said:
Just found out that I'll be missing this game due to work. Fvck U Manure scumbags.

You make it sound like it's because of them that you have work :lol:

dpt49

Established Member
Hopefully Chelsea against Man u will go to extra time.
I know a lot of their players playing tonight will be squad players but not all of them, and Ferguson will not want to lose to Chelsea, so it means they will have one day less to rest and could even pick up a few injuries before they play us.

If we don't lose it could really turn our season round, but after watching our game against QPR I can't see it.
I do see us scoring though.
It will be interesting to see if Walcott starts or not.

glaveror

Finally a PL game I can watch,****ing work has stopped me from watching last few games.
Since it's Dean in their line-up I'm not sure we can get a positive result there..it's always hard to play against such world class guys..
But there is no way I'd actually make any predictions,we're way too chaotic for that..ah **** it, 8-8 or something crazy like that. :-D

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

I think we can get something with Wilshere back and hopefully Giroud can show the same kind of intensity as he did against Reading.

If we get some luck with the ref, it could go either way, but I'm afraid we won't.

Gunner_JT

Man United are often more clinical than us, while we are the opposite of course. We need to take the game to them early on, otherwise they will in all likelihood, get the first goal and setup two banks of four to stifle and us and reduce space we need to work through.

I hope Ramsey doesn't start at RW, we've been awful with him there except for the City game. Walcott should start given he's very lethal when his confidence is up after the hat-trick.

As for van Persie, he will be either very dangerous against us, or we will keep him very quiet. Given the players know how he plays i'm sure Vermaelen can give him a few crunching challenges and keep him out of the game.

Accomplished

Established Member
Gunner_JT said:
Man United are often more clinical than us, while we are the opposite of course. We need to take the game to them early on, otherwise they will in all likelihood, get the first goal and setup two banks of four to stifle and us and reduce space we need to work through.

We always try this and it never works. Flooding forward against united has left us vulnerable to the counter dozens of times, and as soon as we concede the first goal we just become more attacking and more vulnerable.

I'd rather see us start with a more measured approach and grow into the game, allowing united to have the ball to some extent instead of simply trying to monopolize possession and throw men forward. If we can get through the first 20 minutes without conceding, the confidence will grow.

The last thing I want to see is us rampaging forward early on, it's **** and it's exactly what united will want us to do.

Glovegun

Established Member
I have a horrible horrible feeling that Santos is going to start this one, which will be asking for trouble. I'd rather see Sagna over there and Jenkinson brought into the side, or Vermaelen shifted across with Koscielny coming in, or even Coquelin. Just not Santos. Valencia, Young or whoever else is up against him will destroy him.

I'd go

Szczesny (if fit)

Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen

Walcott Cazorla Arteta Wilshere Podolski

Giroud

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
I don't think we should be starting Walcott and Koscielny they've just played for 120 minutes. Hoping for a fired up Chelski tonight that forces Ferguson to bring on fatman and robin in half time.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
An early goal in this game could tip it in our favour IMO. We need Yanited coming after us so we can pick 'em off. Especially with their dodgy defence.

I'd like to see;

Szczesny (if fit)

Sagna
Vermaelen
Mertesacker
Gibbs (if fit, please be fit)

Arteta
Wilshere
Cazorla

Walcott/ Ox (if recuperated/ fit)
Podolski
Giroud

Going for a 2-3 victory for our lot. Judas to score both for Yanited, Podolski, Giroud and Cazorla for us.

It's vital we take our chances in this game, because there WILL be chances. We need to be clinical and efficient. Also we may need MOTM performances from both of our full backs, as Yanited have looked most dangerous this season down the flanks. If Young and Valencia fancy it we could be in trouble.

Our midfield should be able to compete well against theirs, I reckon they'll match us up as per and go with Carrick-Scholes-Anderson. The talent in our midfield is head and shoulders above theirs.

A

Anonymous

pikey2000 said:
Is it bad of me to secretly hope Frimpong comes on and clatters RVP a few times?

No. We were all thinking it. Anyone who says otherwise isn't an Arsenal fan :D.

Have you seen Frimpong's thighs?

Either way with our luck, I bet Judas gets a hattrick against us. And Rooney gets 2. And we have an all round shocking game, with Chamakh taking part in some way.

Bossa

Established Member
I wonder how the players will react when they see him. Are they going to ignore him or be happy to see him again.

I hope that the whole squad ignores the **** including Wenger.

lee1001

Established Member
United are probably the best team in Europe at using the wings and delivering quality crosses. We are probably the worst team in Europe at defending crosses. With Santos at Left back and I can only see a comfortable win for United. Rooney and RVP to score. 2-0.

infineon

Established Member
It would be nice to take advantage of a vulnerable United defence but we've been carp offensively recently!

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Bossa said:
I wonder how the players will react when they see him. Are they going to ignore him or be happy to see him again.

I hope that the whole squad ignores the **** including Wenger.
I'm all for annoying the **** as much as possible. Our players should take turns sucking away the blood from underneath his fingernails. Make sure we go over his threshold and he'll react.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Man U are very beatable. It does require 100% effort and focus though and that's what I fear about this team. We seem to go into a lull after the first 20 minutes and that would play into Man U's hands because they start slowly and then rev up their engines. So the players have to be more mindful of managing their energy levels and being focused. It's a pity Theo played the 120 minutes against Reading because this would be a perfect game for him to start. Man U has attacking wing backs on either side and the only way to keep them honest is to have pace on the wings. With Gervinho and Oxo(?) out, Theo's it.

amirkat

Established Member
a) Mike Dean as ref? Couple of penalties to ManU then.
b) Harsh on Wilshere expecting so much so soon, but we need him AND Cazorla to bring their A-game. Without a doubt imo, Fletcher is gonna start for them lot and he'll be told to stick to Cazorla like a mobody's business. Need another creative player to exploit those spaces.
c) RvP will score. It's a given.
d) Gibbs, we need you lad.
e) ManU came out of the block like a shotgun against Chelsea. Have to watch out for that and match their tempo. None of this go-down-a-couple-of-goals-and-pray-for-a-comeback.

2-1 to The Arsenal

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Don't want to see any of our players laughing and joking with the ****, it'd be a joke tbh.

I think we'll see Ramsey on the right again for this one to help Sagna defend against Young/Nani and I'm hoping Podolski has shrugged of that ankle injury he's had of late so he can cover Gibbs like he did at the start of the season so brilliantly.

What I expect from us:

---------------Szczesny
-Sagna---Mertesacker-Vermaelen-Gibbs
-Ramsey--Cazorla--Arteta--Wilshere--Podolski
-----------------Giroud

3 up with 5 minutes to go and somebody to snap Robins leg would be phenomenal.

Arsenal Quotes

I think without doubt that Bergkamp is the most talented player to have played for Arsenal in the past 30 years, for as long as I can remember

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom