• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Manchester City vs Arsenal | 14/12/13 | 12:45 PM

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Samuel ‏@samuelj29060
Man City have removed today's 'tunnel cam' video from the internet. Bendtner said tunnel "smells like piss" in it. #mcfc #afc

:lol: f**king Bendtner.

morpho

Established Member
The Jury said:
blaze_of_glory said:
Eh, I'm sure they were all just gutted. People don't always react well when emotions are running high.

One bad reaction doesn't justify another. Per shouldn't have reacted like that. That stuff is for the changing room. Per's experienced enough to know that. No good comes from it.

On the contrary. Per did exactly what he had to do. In relation with our long traveled fans, you should understand the concept of not performing. Its going to make Özil come back. Relax.

coopsollini

The whole Wilshere thing is embarassing (he should be banned).

The Özil + Mertesacker thing should have take place behind closed doors, but i'm hoping that it was just due to them being close friends and Per felt he could be honest with him becuase of this.

La Sagna

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
Samuel ‏@samuelj29060
Man City have removed today's 'tunnel cam' video from the internet. Bendtner said tunnel "smells like piss" in it. #mcfc #afc

:lol:

i saw most of it, all the players from both teams were very friendly. especially cazorla, seriously, before during and after the game he was hugging, chatting anf at times kissing (navas, negredo, spanish physio) their players. was a bit surreal see him the like and soul of the city party when we were 2-1 down and after losing 6-3 :shock:

anyway, is gibbs injured or what?

kanooo

Losing with 6 conceeded is never pleasing but unlike Man U and Sp**s, we did put 3 past them to at least show some fight. Call me carzy but at least 5:3 felt like a lot more respectable.

Had no idea what happened to Gibbs but Nacho's defending was abysmal in particular. Overall, our defending at the flanks seems terrible. The opposition seems to have acres of space at times.

But in truth, I am even more dissappointed with the draw last week than this loss. We still would have been 3 points ahead had we held on to beat Everton.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
La Sagna said:
yousif_arsenal said:
Samuel ‏@samuelj29060

:lol:

i saw most of it, all the players from both teams were very friendly. especially cazorla, seriously, before during and after the game he was hugging, chatting anf at times kissing (navas, negredo, spanish physio) their players. was a bit surreal see him the like and soul of the city party when we were 2-1 down and after losing 6-3 :shock:

anyway, is gibbs injured or what?

Yeah i watch too i really can't stand their chairman when he see Arsène talking to Nasri Man city chairman hug Nasri and tell Arsène that Nasri is a champion i wished Arsène said YEAH AND A LESBIAN TOO!

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
yousif_arsenal said:
Samuel ‏@samuelj29060

For once, his attitude is Okay :wink:

KAB

Conceding 6 is really bad thing even wescored 3. Our DM unable to stop their attacking fluidity, uses high speed players like navas,silva, milner to deliver strong ball crossed to CF. Pelegrini tactics were just right for him last night, capitalised our loophole in defensive line yesterday.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
yousif_arsenal said:
the positioning of Vermaelen in that Silva goal was pretty shocking what he was doing?

Yeah I noticed this too. He's been out of a proper run in competitive games for ages but that looked like typical Vermaelen to be honest

AliBabaBrewer

Am I the only person who didn't really see what Mertesacker did as wrong? We did just get smashed, away, and all the other players went over to thank the fans that paid the money to travel up there and watch that, and Özil wants to just skulk off? Instead of bollocking Mertesacker over professionalism and appropriateness, we should be praising his passion to us fans, especially as captain on the day. Özil SHOULD rightly be lambasted for that.

Genuinely shocked so many of you have taken this so poorly.

blaze_of_glory

Bigbludfire said:
yousif_arsenal said:
the positioning of Vermaelen in that Silva goal was pretty shocking what he was doing?

Yeah I noticed this too. He's been out of a proper run in competitive games for ages but that looked like typical Vermaelen to be honest

Yeah losing Kos did us no favours, no doubt there.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
AliBabaBrewer said:
Am I the only person who didn't really see what Mertesacker did as wrong? We did just get smashed, away, and all the other players went over to thank the fans that paid the money to travel up there and watch that, and Özil wants to just skulk off? Instead of bollocking Mertesacker over professionalism and appropriateness, we should be praising his passion to us fans, especially as captain on the day. Özil SHOULD rightly be lambasted for that.

Genuinely shocked so many of you have taken this so poorly.

Nobody's taken it poorly.

Words had to be said to Özil, because walking away down the tunnel without thanking the fans is poor form, but Per never went about getting the message across in the circumstances (everyone was pissed off, including Özil) in a way that was likely to achieve a result. All it did was back Özil into a corner, and the issue became something else.

Let him walk, then blast him with both barrels him in private. That's how it's done.

been

I dunno guys I see a stern authoritative captain. I like it. Haven't had someone like that in a looonnggg time.

AliBabaBrewer

The Jury said:
Let him walk, then blast him with both barrels him in private. That's how it's done.

And we would know nothing of it. Whilst I wouldn't go so far as to condone the likes of what Phil Brown did in his half time team talk at Hull a few years ago, I personally very much appreciated what Mertesacker did in front of the world.

OK true, the world is going to see this as 'Crisis at Arsenal as Mertesacker & Özil have it out following City loss', but as a fan, what our captain today did was passionate, not just about the club, but the people who support it, and I would much rather have seen that and suffer the article on the back page than it be quietly left until the eyes of the world can't see in the safety of the dressing room and us be none the wiser.

a_fourteen

Established Member
I have a sneaky suspicion the fight was about something else completely. If you look at the video carefully it starts with Per spinning around in anger reacting to something Özil says. That's when the finger pointing begins.

General

Established Member
blaze_of_glory said:
Bigbludfire said:
yousif_arsenal said:

Yeah losing Kos did us no favours, no doubt there.

Equally poor was Mertesacker's positioning. Everything happened in his full view and he still didn't get tight. Kos also went to bed for their first goal and caught ball watching for their second. The whole defence had a shocker and I don't think its fair to single out Varmaelen. Nacho was given no protection from Wilshere whatsoever and they caught us with the ball over the top time and time again.

pikey2000

Per was spot on. I called it last night, I've slept on it and I still like to see the leader in him come out.

We are going to need leaders like that through out the course of the season and sure it probably pissed Özil off at that moment in time but that's a small price to pay to send a message out to the rest of the team about what it means to be a professional and wants the fans mean to the club.

Well done Merte - I applaud you as god knows Wenger doesn't have that kind of bollocking in his locker.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Please stay classy Gooners.

I hate the kneejerk reaction from some of our fans towards Özil (Not the BROmance between him and Per).

I feel many Gooners never really watched Özil until he's joined us and it's embarrassing to hear an Arsenal 'fan' claiming he's not a big match player and the £42 million we've paid for him is a waste of money!! :eek:ops:

I never thought we were capable of winning the league this year and I still think we won't simply because we are couple of quality players short of that just like we've been in the best part of the last 8 years.

There will always be games like this where everything goes against you and every mistake you make is going to end up costing you a goal however, that doesn't mean we are suddenly a bad team (Don't listen to the mugs on MOTD or the media trolls in general) who got to sit on top of the league by being the best looking group or having the most money but rather by merit simply because we won more games than our rivals thus far.

Shyt happens so let's not dwell on this and move on as we've got another big and crucial game coming up next week. and I guarantee you we will see a different Arsenal and Chavs will never know what hit them as Özil, Aaron & Theo will tear them apart and Lord Arsène will finally overcome his Maureen syndrome in a big way.

Stay classy my fellow Gooners.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Let's get one thing clear here, I don't think for a second that Per would've done that with any other player including Lukas and I'm sure Mesut understands that.

Per has a full confidence in Mesut and vice versa and they've known each other for ages which is why you alaways see them together having a good time at the training ground both for us and for Germany.

He did something silly in the heat of the moment, admitted it and apologised for it which is something not many footballers would've done after feeling humiliated and embarrassed in front of the world so credit to Mesut for showing humility.

Now go on and win the game versus Chavs for us and your apology will be accepted. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom