• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Manchester City vs Arsenal | 14/12/13 | 12:45 PM

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People wouldn't care so much if it was another player, really in the back of people's minds they're worried Özil won't like it and want to leave. Let's be honest.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
As expected the Media were too harsh, Imagine The Sun said Wenger lost the plot! wow even we are top of league and qualify from the group of the death in the CL. :lol:

i mean if we were 6th or 7th in the league and we went out from CL group stage what they will say? can't be worse then that

MaestroCesc

Jeez cant believe some people are still going on about the Per/Mesut incident... Put it to bed guys, as Thierry said on MOTD it's absolutely nothing.

Even more unbelievable is that Per is getting stick for it... He did the right thing, who cares what the media make of it ffs. I think it's a good thing, having players who are pissed off because we lost is a good thing and so is the passion they both showed.

yuvken

Established Member
Per did fine. In fact, since yesterday all I could think about is that the sooner we make him captain the better. We need a leader, a classy guy, someone who never loses his head and keeps fighting. Per is all that.

Someone start a "per for captain" thread? (I'll start one if I no one takes this opportunity till the evening).

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I agree with SomGooner when he says he never expected us to win the title this year, as Özil has said this is basically the start of something, maybe next year when we sign a striker on par with Özil or a DM like Bender we'll be able to go to places like the Etihad and win.

After calming down after yesterday I'm ready to just go with the flow, if we win the title then ****ing brilliant, if we get further in the CL, great. At least we're basically on target for a top three finish which should guarantee big players joining us in the summer, ready for that charge at the title.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
THunter said:
I agree with SomGooner when he says he never expected us to win the title this year, as Özil has said this is basically the start of something, maybe next year when we sign a striker on par with Özil or a DM like Bender we'll be able to go to places like the Etihad and win.

After calming down after yesterday I'm ready to just go with the flow, if we win the title then ******* brilliant, if we get further in the CL, great. At least we're basically on target for a top three finish which should guarantee big players joining us in the summer, ready for that charge at the title.

I really never expected us to win the title this year even when we signed Özil but after 15 games our boys give me a hope to be honest, in my opinion we will challenge for it this year if we win it then we all be happy if not then at least we challenge for it has been long time we not challenging for the title.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Might be selective viewing on my part but why were so many of our corners yesterday aimed for Mertesacker at the near posts. It didn't work, might as well just put it in the box and hope for a defence mistake.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Aren't anybody making a compile on the offside goals? Without video as back up
Us Gooners get whiny/sore loser tag all the time

If media hush us down why not show it on Arsenal.com or Facebook?

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Giving up on the title right now seems silly when our main rivals are equally as flawed as we are. Chelsea and Man City are good teams but have been prone to the occassional slip up. Maybe City will sort out their defense and poor away form (beating Bayern at their place could well be a step in the right direction), maybe Chelsea'll break the bank in January for a quality CB and ST, but right now I feel we've just as good a chance as those two.

General

Established Member
After several years of falling short and countless excuses, we must win the title and failure is not an option. We still have the best balance and consistency between home and away and Wenger needs to now push on and make the necessary changes. We were tactically very naive at times yesterday and I put the blame firmly at Wenger's door. He said on MOTD that we were too open after he took Flamini off so why he didn't usher players back into position is anyone's guess. The positional awareness of the entire team at times was frankly Sunday league stuff and you are allowed to consolidate your position and wait for your chance when there's just a single goal difference in the game. This is why Wenger has always struggled to beat the more tactically astute coaches like Mourinho and recently Fergie. By design, our system always gives gaps to exploit and for the most part we get away with it against the lesser teams who don't have the right quality to punish us.

a_fourteen

Established Member
city tunnel cam always entertaining. watch Arsène mix it up with nasri and the city honchos while santi spreads the man love to the other espanols.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHcE3MQNALg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHcE3MQNALg</a>

blaze_of_glory

Good write up on the game

<a class="postlink" href="http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/arsenal/id/2951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/arsenal/id/2951</a>

Godwin1

Very well-known
We bottled in a big match once again. It's frustraiting as an Arsenal team that plays well would take points away from the Etihad.

I'm not really buying all this "refs cost us the game" bollocks.

pikey2000

Both teams had copious chances to score goals the difference was clear (bad decisions aside) they had Aguero and Negredo on form and clinical we had Giroud who was off form and far from clinical.

We created plenty of scoring opportunities but we weren't ruthless enough in front of goal. Jack hashed a shot early on that could have set City on the back foot, Giroud missed a good volley opportunity....that's not counting two dubious offside decisions.

After watching Suarez take Sp**s apart away from its plain to see where we need to be spending on the squad next.

That a centre back as we are a vermaelen / Mertesacker injury away from having to shift Sagna to CB and playing Jenks in every game :shock:

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Can't be bothered to look up who was spouting the **** about Arteta being a better option for this game, but **** me how short-term are people's memories. Yaya and co. running at him would have been much more ugly than what transpired with Flamini.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

TheLoneFalcon said:
Can't be bothered to look up who was spouting the **** about Arteta being a better option for this game, but **** me how short-term are people's memories. Yaya and co. running at him would have been much more ugly than what transpired with Flamini.

lmfao, so true.

Remember all the "arteta should be dropped" "he just doesnt seem to do well against the bigger teams" "Flamini and Arteta don't work in the middle" talk?

Now all of a sudden he would've made the difference?

:lol: :lol:

Inthe blood

Established Member
TheLoneFalcon said:

We were overran in midfield for much of the game, sorry don't see how it could have been much worse. You must see how Arteta controls our tempo and is the most disciplined, Flamini was so poor that Wenger shouted at him after the second goal and was later substituted even though he is a defensive player.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom