• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | 10/11/13 | 4:10 PM

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Re: EPL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | 01/09/13 | 16:00

silent_shadow said:
Wonder how Wilshere feels having to go off during a NLD after 40 minutes to take a dump. :lol:

what?

really he was sick?

kopzilla

Always Negative

scytheavatar said:
For all the players Sp**s have signed, they are weaker this season than last season. Can't believe people say that Wenger has no transfer strategy, yet praise Sp**s for their transfers this season. Their counter attack is extremely slow, they have too many defensive mids and not enough people who can make things happen, Townsend/Walker are terrible and I am not convinced Erik Lamela is the type of player their team needs. Can't see the sum of their signings making up for the lost of Bale and Dempsey (who has always been somewhat of an underrated player).

They had a decent squad last season and should have kept the likes of Dempsey and Huddlestone.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

possesion matters not when you move that slow and or not forward enough.

remember what Drillo said, most goals are scored after just 6 passes so after 6 passes and no goal just hoof it out for a throw in :p

fabo

6.51 / 10

Jack is a ***** tbf...........:lol:....imagine Vieira or Keane going off with stomach cramp. Get on with it lad!!

TheGlitch

The Jury said:
TheGlitch said:
infineon said:
After seeing Liverpool today, I am more worried about them ...
This

I'm not. They were totally dominated by Man Utd in that second half. I'd be more worried about Sp**s based on how they performed in our back yard and had 57% possession.
So you put stats over results? United win the league looking bad.

glaveror

All in all great game for us! Just as some people here said it'better to have a team than a bunch of asssemvbled players but let's not kid ourselves,Spuds will be a problem after they have some games together.
And what a goal from Giroud...don't know about you guys,but that was bordering on world class finishing for me!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

fabo said:
Jack is a ***** tbf...........:lol:....imagine Vieira or Keane going off with stomach cramp. Get on with it lad!!

would he have been allowed to run ****ter and go back outside?

goonerwarsh

Established Member

glaveror said:
All in all great game for us! Just as some people here said it'better to have a team than a bunch of asssemvbled players but let's not kid ourselves,Spuds will be a problem after they have some games together.
And what a goal from Giroud...don't know about you guys,but that was bordering on world class finishing for me!

I hate to say it but it is very very similar of Van Persie's strike in the same goal against Sp**s a few years back. The one where Fabregas scored another straight after.

It was a great strike

goonerwarsh

Established Member

This is unbelievably brilliant

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=162893030580419" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=162893030580419</a>

Buhry

Established Member

fabo said:
Flamini's gonna be sent off a few times this year. He's mediocre on the ball but did give us some assurance in that area, constantly talking and chasing people.

Apparently he never got sent off during his last spell here so we'll see.

McIntyre

Established Member

YeahBee said:
fabo said:

Players are allowed to go off to get stitched up, so I don't see why not.

Or he could've just done a Gary Lineker, shat himself and dragged himself across the grass to wipe his a*se, as he did in 1990.

Buhry

Established Member

Also Ramsey really was great again. He gave the ball away a few times but he was mostly composed in possession, he worked his butt off and he won the ball more than anyone else on the pitch according to the stats.

If he can keep playing like he has been playing and also scoring more goals he'll have a great season. Really pleased with what he's shown during pre season and the first few games.

Now if only Wilshere can find his feet as well and stop getting injured every game. I thought the 2 of them looked better deensively today then against Villa though. Also Rosicky didn't have the best game but he does work hard off the ball.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka

Just got back from the game. So ****ing happy i literally do not know what to do with myself. Im really surprised to hear about the possession stats. It did not feel that way at all, that they dominated at all.

Most of the people who sit around me were mentioning how laboured and purposeless their squad looked. They seemed so unthreatening for most of it.

Flamini in was a useful sub, though forced. Theo and ramsey allowed too much space before pressing, it noticeably changed after the sub. I thought theo should have scored, and giroud had a couple of times where his passing wasnt up to scratch.

However...Giroud was absolutely immense. He battled so hard for every ball, dominated aerially whenever needed, took up good positions and played some nice flicks. The goal was fantastic, and i was sure he had missed. He has really shown some balls at the start of this season, asking for competition, and fighting to prove his worth.

This game has totally changed my mood...i stick by everything i said previously, but the players have really earned respect lately. Gutsy.

Sam the Duck

Giroud is now the highest rated PL player on Whoscored:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/3853/Stages/7794/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2013-2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/To ... -2013-2014</a>

It doesn't mean anything but I doubt that anyone would have predicted that :)

GOONER1991

Established Member

RandomHero84 said:
Just got back from the game. So ******* happy i literally do not know what to do with myself. Im really surprised to hear about the possession stats. It did not feel that way at all, that they dominated at all.

Most of the people who sit around me were mentioning how laboured and purposeless their squad looked. They seemed so unthreatening for most of it.

Flamini in was a useful sub, though forced. Theo and ramsey allowed too much space before pressing, it noticeably changed after the sub. I thought theo should have scored, and giroud had a couple of times where his passing wasnt up to scratch.

However...Giroud was absolutely immense. He battled so hard for every ball, dominated aerially whenever needed, took up good positions and played some nice flicks. The goal was fantastic, and i was sure he had missed. He has really shown some balls at the start of this season, asking for competition, and fighting to prove his worth.

This game has totally changed my mood...i stick by everything i said previously, but the players have really earned respect lately. Gutsy.

Wait until you hear the latest transfer rumours.

k24bfan

Jack is made out of glass now we have to be worried if he has the stomach bug really? Now massive result for us we needed this home win. I agree with others that since last year it seems that Wenger is willing to make tactical changes to protect a result(which is something I've wished he'd done in earlier years) but I get the feeling that when Cesc was at the club everything was geared for him(same with RVP). Ramsey had some suspect decisions on the ball but he worked his butt off in the midfield. Biggest surprise for me was Flamini and how he didn't seem that rusty(also seems to have picked up some dark arts of Italian football) could be a leader on the pitch for us down the road.

kruga

As expected, Hard earned, but well deserved victory. Congrats to the team.

Now comes the important part.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka

GOONER1991 said:
RandomHero84 said:
Just got back from the game. So ******* happy i literally do not know what to do with myself. Im really surprised to hear about the possession stats. It did not feel that way at all, that they dominated at all.

Wait until you hear the latest transfer rumours.

Ive just read something about Özil?

Surely i cant afford to invest in this. I have been suitably detached since the suarez thing. Arsenal can turn me from a well mannered supporter in to an absolute human ball of rage and anxiety, im just not sure if i can afford to believe it.

Özil or di maria and id be in a dream world. Girouds putting some 0's on his price tag atm though!

glaveror

McIntyre said:
YeahBee said:
fabo said:

Players are allowed to go off to get stitched up, so I don't see why not.

Or he could've just done a Gary Lineker, shat himself and dragged himself across the grass to wipe his a*se, as he did in 1990.

Whaat? When,where? There has to be a video of that somewhere in the depts of Youtube? But I have to say,nobody would put their head to stop the ball that went across that part of the pitch though. :)

@Randomhero..I gues nobody here questioned the will of the players but merely the fact that we're basically running on a sceleton crew and the season is just beggining.
Of course we could use a world class signing or two but then again who wouldn't?

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom