• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL | Manchester United vs Arsenal | 10/11/13 | 4:10 PM

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Re: EPL | Arsenal vs Tottenham | 01/09/13 | 16:00

k24bfan said:
Walkers dive was pathetic so was Soldado's shout for pen.
Soldado shout :
the ping pong shot shout or the dive one?

goonerwarsh

Established Member

23AndreyArshavin said:
Soldado.

Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

That gif :lol:

scytheavatar

Established Member

The Jury said:
TheGlitch said:
infineon said:
After seeing Liverpool today, I am more worried about them ...
This

I'm not. They were totally dominated by Man Utd in that second half. I'd be more worried about Sp**s based on how they performed in our back yard and had 57% possession.

Possession is not a good way to judge which team that is dominant. The Liverpool-Utd game went to exact same way as our game with Sp**s went; Liverpool got an early goal and then let Utd have all the possession. But Utd, just like Sp**s, looked more likely to be conceding a second goal to a counter than to score an equalizer. Think ATM it looks like Us > Liverpool >>>>> Sp**s >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Utd IMHO, if I am a Utd fan I would have been extremely pissed off by what Moyes has been doing for the past few games.

Anzac

Established Member

Well done lads - now it's your turn AW to support them in the market by doing the best you can.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Had a butchers on Glory Glory, they all generally seem to accept tactically we were better and had more clear cut chances. A couple of things;

-Giroud's goal was finish of the season so far, not a lot of the goal to aim at yet finished with aplomb, he has such technique. He also bullied defenders yesterday, need to see much more of that!
-Kyle Walker is rubbish. Nothing much other than pace, cannot cross and his decision making is abysmal.
-Soldado is just an upgraded Defoe, when he's not scoring he does nothing.

£100M= 0
£0M= 1

Anzac

Established Member

IIRC Giroud showed great touch around the area under pressure A v Everton last season in the draw.
I recall him getting a shot off to the near post that missed the target but recall the commentary team noting an excellent 1st touch - it was not long after Lewandowski had put Barca to the sword in the CL and showed great 1st touch in the area to score on of his goals.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

The negative comments Giroud got last season were ott. Even when he was messing up by not passing etc or blasting over, he was still giving a lot to the team. I have never knocked him and while I thought we would get a new CF I was hoping it was not to replace Giroud.

Dont forget, he was bought to play with RVP, so last season he was really thrust into the thick of it, and his return was not too bad. He has improved his touch no end, and I'm very pleased for him. Obviously scoring gives confidence, and all strikers thrive on that. His goal against Spuds was really top drawer!

Gooner_Stu

Established Member

Giroud's looking a lot better this year, really happy for him and that delicate touch into the goal was just superb, really top draw.

To be fair, I don't think any 1 player stood out, it was just an excellent team performance. Every rallied to the defence of the goal when Sp**s had possession in our half, and I don't think we ever looked like conceding. Yet, we was very good tactically, allowing the Spuds to come forward and broke through their lines with pathetic ease. For a team that's had that much money spent on it, it was almost too easy and it they didn't have a good 'keeper it might have been another embarrassing score line.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka

Giroud ran himself in to the ground, defensively, pressing, tracking back, winning everything.

Best performance in an Arsenal shirt for me, amazing it was against Sp**s. He looked like he needed subbing after 75 mins or so, but we couldnt trust sanogo in such an important tie. The amount of flick ons he wins is insane, we really need to do something with that.

Dominant CF + fastest striker along side him. They need to be a bit closer together when Szczesny distributes.

infineon

Established Member

I think AVB will ultimately be the thing holding back Sp**s. The guy is clueless. He is still playing with that ridiculously high line???

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Gooner_Stu said:
Giroud's looking a lot better this year, really happy for him and that delicate touch into the goal was just superb, really top draw.

To be fair, I don't think any 1 player stood out, it was just an excellent team performance. Every rallied to the defence of the goal when Sp**s had possession in our half, and I don't think we ever looked like conceding. Yet, we was very good tactically, allowing the Spuds to come forward and broke through their lines with pathetic ease. For a team that's had that much money spent on it, it was almost too easy and it they didn't have a good 'keeper it might have been another embarrassing score line.

Come one mate, that ping pong moment ended with Walker miscue was a close call..
We did well, but remember it only take a sec to concede.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

infineon said:
I think AVB will ultimately be the thing holding back Sp**s. The guy is clueless. He is still playing with that ridiculously high line???
And you hate that because ?

a_fourteen

Established Member

Lol...Levy just offered Chelsea a swap for Adebayor with Torres. Was told to fvck right off.
Ade's doing a Bendtner on Sp**s. .

VancouverCanuck

Just got back from vacation and finished watching this match. Great team effort. Giroud was superb. There were some frantic moments at the end and we generally controlled the match. Well done, lads!

blrgooner

Established Member

Rain Dance said:
Gooner_Stu said:

Come one mate, that ping pong moment ended with Walker miscue was a close call..
We did well, but remember it only take a sec to concede.

There were a couple of moments where they could have scored but there was no sustained period of dominance by Sp**s where we look as if we are going to be conceding a goal. Those were the only 2 moments Sp**s had in the second half and we created some chances too.

silent_shadow

Established Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/derbyday" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/derbyday</a>

Enjoyable behind-the-scenes vid. I hope they do more of this for the big games of the season

Floating

Established Member

Our video content has been spot on lately. Great stuff.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It'd be great if we done tunnel cam like Man City do, it's brilliant, I love stuff like that.

Floating

Established Member

Agreed. I want some videos of the post-match celebrations, our players hugging and applauding the fans. Love that stuff.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom