• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: Manchester United vs Arsenal- 19th November. 12:30 SS1

What will the result be?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I feel until Xhaka get used with premier league pace and stop getting stupid yellow cards Wenger will trust him more

carlito'sway

Established Member
Ramsey was useless today but not his fault really. Our midfield was the problem but we lost so many challenges. The players we're 2nd best all over the field really.

Let's stop the excuses from this guy. One can't excuse poor touches/ overhit passes and over all bad decisions. Those are basic/ fundamentals. If you regularly need 3 touches to properly control the football, you don't belong. Simple...

Sykes

2 points lost...again poor mentality by us. We can't be an out of form spuds and manure...we're not winning the league

Bar-jonah

:lol::lol:

Not knee jerk but we should probably be looking at a young LB this summer/jan.
Nacho needs upgrading for sure. Problem is there's not many legit options about.

You have:

Chilwell - too raw.
Bertrand - not good enough.
R. Rodriguez - can't defend.
Hector - won't come cheap.
Alaba - marquee but more of a CM these days.
Wendell - too soon after A. Santos?
Sidibe - better on the right.
De Sciglio - overrated.
Ghoulam - average.
Willems - unproven.

Of that lot Jonas Hector probably makes the most sense.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
Nacho needs upgrading for sure. Problem is there's not many legit options about.

You have:

Chilwell - too raw.
De Sciglio - overrated.
Ghoulam - average.
Willems - unproven.

I like Gayá from Valenica lots of potential, probably wouldn't cost us our skin either with how things are going over there.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

You have:

Chilwell - too raw.
De Sciglio - overrated.
Ghoulam - average.
Willems - unproven.

Hector is average and plays for a **** club, why woudn't he come cheap?

Betrand is actually a good shout, but not sure he's much better than Gibbs.

Ghoulam would be a solid Monreal-esque signing actually.

Gaya would be great, but think he's slighty overrated and maybe too small for the PL.

Bernat at Bayern could also be an option.

Shame we missed out on Guerreiro.

Edit: if only we could take Rose off Tottenham, superb player.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Were were completely nullified rather than players not being 'up for it'. No space behind, pressed in the right areas. Mourinho knows how to get results against Wenger.

Great point in the end but the writing's on the wall for me. Not gonna be good enough to do anything in the league or CL.

Still lacking top attackers - Sanchez fills a void but he's not a centre forward and by moving him, we lose goals from wide. Striker signing needed since 2012 and Wenger keeps failing.
or a real good wide man. Sanchez can be very good upfront.

Bar-jonah

Gaya would be great, but think he's slighty overrated and maybe too small for the PL.

Bernat at Bayern could also be an option.

Shame we missed out on Guerreiro.
^Agree with all this.

As for Hector I think he's better than average and ticks a lot of boxes. Prime age, German(efficient), good size, and being part of their NT would be suited to our style of play.

Danny Rose can **** off though the little pr!ck.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Props to the ref, Andre Marriner today. I thought he had a very good game. Tried to keep things ticking and didn't fall for a lot of the dives going on. Valencia for example had won a similar penalty against us before with that same kind of swan fall. It's never quite easy to referee game a like this, but I really thought he stayed in control and avoided dishing out cards as much as possible.

Last edited:

GunnerInPluto

Props to the ref, Andre Marriner today. I thought he had a very good game. Tried to keep things ticking and didn't fall for a lot of the dives going on. Valencia for example had won a similar penalty against us before with that same kind of swan fall. It's never quite easy to referee game a like this, but I really thought he stayed in control and avoided dishing out cards as much as possible.
Damien had to go for that tackle though. Alexis got a yellow for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom