• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: The Arsenal v Tottenham (H) | Nov 8, 16.00, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
We lost two points last time around at the Emirates vs. them, if we want to win the title we have to win these kind of home games. They might be on an unbeaten run, but ffs, it's Sp**s we're talking about, not Bayern Munich. Sp**s are inferior to us in every single department and we shouldn't be afraid.

If this was at WHL, it would be a different case. It's at the Emirates. We blew away United after we lost horribly at home vs. Olympiakos.

We will show up and they will **** it up. Normally, history proves nothing, but in this case, it proves everything. We're going to win, end of.

3-0.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
I think this will be a real tense & tight affair-we're decimated (AGAIN) by injuries. We have little or no pace in the side. 2 weeks ago I think we win this comfortably, now I think we'll win a very tight affair 1-0, 2-1 at best.

Out:
Bellerin - Super Fast
Walcott - Super fast
The Ox - very fast
Rosicky - fast
Welbeck - Super fast
Arteta - treacle
Koz - fast
Ramsey - fast enough big motor - the biggest motor in the team

The zip has been ripped out of our team.

redanddread

However, I will say that in Özil, Cazorla & Sanchez we possess three players of real quality that can win us the game & Giroud's in form as well. We need to get the 3pts and get through the interlull and bring the injured players back.

We haven't even reached November proper and we're in full blown injury crisis mode...unreal.

Gooner_Delhi

Extract from Roy Keane's book, should be Wenger's team talk too :

CS6FghGXIAAGmq2.jpg

Everyone knows they are s**t !

Malky

Established Member
Seen some sites saying "Arsenal are at breaking point after Bayern defeat". WE HAVE TO WIN THIS, between the injuries and losing two big games within a week, the media would be unbearable! The Sp**s ****s would be even worse.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Sp**s will be up for this. They'll smell blood. They'll treat it like a cup final.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

We're ripe for the plucking - saving grace for us is this is at the Emirates. The one thing I'm worried about is Sp**s' energy. On a technical level, they're no match for us but they do have young, hungry players who bust a gut. Not saying our team doesn't do that but the injuries have really killed us, our most pacey and energetic players are unavailable and I think we will rely on an individual piece of brilliance for us to get a win here.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

It's ludicrous that we have to rely on Cazorla and Coq to carry our midfield. Bonkers really. We knew Wilshere can't be relied upon and not buying a proper RW meant Ramsey was going to be utilised there and then to have Arteta and Rosicky who are perma crocks, thrown in with the way past it Flamini...it's laughable really.

redanddread

It's ludicrous that we have to rely on Cazorla and Coq to carry our midfield. Bonkers really. We knew Wilshere can't be relied upon and not buying a proper RW meant Ramsey was going to be utilised there and then to have Arteta and Rosicky who are perma crocks, thrown in with the way past it Flamini...it's laughable really.
Ramsey's played on the RW for tactical reasons-we have Theo, Welbeck & The Ox as very good RW options.

Trouble is they're always injured!

We have a load of midfielders also but they're always injured:

Arteta - always injured
Wilshere - always injured
Ramsey - recently injury prone
Rosicky - always injured
Le Coq - manning the barriers by himself ALL season
Cazorla - tough little ****er
Özil - could he be over played - probably
Sanchez - could he be overplayed - definitely
Flamini - past his sell by date only of use in emergencies
Campbell - to be sold
The Ox - always injured

see the trend?

So because 1/2 the squad is always injured he has to overplay the others. It's a crazy scenario and he hasn't dealt with it for years now & without doubt the one major reason for us not winning the league this season is injuries.

It's pure unadulterated ****ery!

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

@redanddread - that's precisely my point!! Have no issue with Coq and Caz anchoring our midfield from a quality POV but the fact that we literally have no one else because all our options are injured is ludicrous!!

We carry far too many injury prone players and it puts an incredible amount of pressure on our first XI to stay fit and perform week-in, week-out!

It's amazing that the media don't pick up on this - we always read about 'training methods' etc etc but the cold hard reality is that we carry about 5-6 players who can never be relied upon to stay fit for prolonged periods. Alexis and Cazorla have immense fitness records and they are tiny - why is that so? Why is it that a player like Ox who is built like the proverbial brick ****house (Aussie saying) can't last more than a month without picking up some soft tissue injury?

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

So because 1/2 the squad is always injured he has to overplay the others. It's a crazy scenario and he hasn't dealt with it for years now & without doubt the one major reason for us not winning the league this season is injuries.

It's pure unadulterated ****ery!

Everyone and his dog knew we needed more than just a goalie in the summer, but Wenger left us high and dry. Look at our bench right now and it's a joke. The only area in which we have sufficient bodies is defence, but there are questions marks over quality of the back-ups there.

redanddread

@Gooner Zig

Yeah man, I know it was your point-I just got going on my rant.

Wenger always says he has a big squad, which he does but he never has them all at his disposal. He manages his players like a father rather than a coach/manager. I mean it took him 8 years to finally give up on Diaby.

It's difficult to argue selling The Ox & Wilshere because they're always injured, because they're also so young and the potential is there. But FFS flog TR7 (I love him as a player btw), Arteta & Flamini and get some young fit legs in there. There's no reason to be carrying so many crocks and over the hill crocks at that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom