• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: The Arsenal v Tottenham (H) | Nov 8, 16.00, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balance is key

------------------Cech
Debuchy----Per------Kos-----Nacho
-----------Coq-----Santi
Campbell----Özil---Alexis
---------Giroud

at home - this is a good enough lineup vs spuds - all reasonable fans knew we would get smoked away vs Bayern and not have the pace to threaten them on the counter.

this is more a game of us not going gung ho and let spuds have the opportunity to play the counters - we will dominate them, get the most chances, just a case of us being clinical. Kind of think this is the perfect game to have after the Bayern slaughter - big enough game to really motivate our players, and a poor enough opposition we can dominate

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Don't think they are poor, they're on a decent run, quietly picking up points and have a nice squad not ravaged by injuries as us.

But I agree that we should be motivated enough to win the game and I think the occasion of NLD will be big enough for our players to blitz them early and keep 3 points at home.

haha_arsenal

Don't think they are poor, they're on a decent run, quietly picking up points and have a nice squad not ravaged by injuries as us.

But I agree that we should be motivated enough to win the game and I think the occasion of NLD will be big enough for our players to blitz them early and keep 3 points at home.
exactly, they picked up only 1 point less than us in 8 games.
this will be a very tight match.

Jazz

Our right side is not good enough right now. Debuchy isn't very good going forward but does anyway and then when he's exposed he doesn't have the recovery pace. Campbell tracks back but isn't the fastest getting forward. It's just a mess. Debuchy should just stay back and defend so we're not exposed and Campbell should stay more forward so we can spring attacks faster. The whole do what you want thing isn't going to work with these 2.

Gooner_Delhi

Just setting up the mood here :

Who’s that team they call the Arsenal?
Who’s that team we all adore??
They’re the boys in red and white
And we’re f**king dynamite !
Cause Pochettino’s mother is a wh********************re!!!!

Take it away Jack :

Can't see us doing much in this game. Can't see where the goals are going to come from. Unless Özil finds his shooting boots or Sanchez steps up big time this will be 0-0 draw or even worse!

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I hate that it's on Sunday, I'll be on tenterhooks all weekend.

I'm not hopeful.

Last edited:

OG J0E

Don't think we have enough to really trouble them defensively, but at the same time they won't beat us. So a draw.

Emibury

We will win because we are at home, but would lose if this was at WHL. Sp**s are quietly getting quite good.

Jazz

Really wanted Theo available for the game. He deserves it after this:

He's always up for these games too. Worried we won't have enough players out there that get the need to win this.

Hegemony

1 - 1 .

We'll open the scoring some time in the 1st half. They'll score second half, 70 minute or onward and celebrate like they've won the PL (or the league cup, they love that).

Press will treat it as a Sp**s win and spin an Arsenal crisis.

Nyctophobia

Established Member
More sad about Wilshere not being fit against them, they absolutely hate him to a ridiculous level and it would be very nice to see them suffer him scoring against them for the first time, they're off the hook for now.

Only concern for us is a couple of weak spots in defense, but our attack is far superior to Sp**s we're talking Alexis, Özil and a in-form Giroud here, that's a lot to handle.

Won't make any major predictions, but I feel like there could end up being a few goals in the game, think once again first goal could be a huge advantage, but these derbies sometimes defies reason so hopefully it's us that turn up crazy and not Spuds (Though they've been pretty lucky in a few games this season rather than playing amazingly well).

Last edited:

TheSage

We will win this, whilst with our injuries they probably have a more settled defence, we have the best keeper (just) and are equally matched up front, however we should dominate the midfield ... Özil and Alexis versus a couple of pubescent teenagers, that has to be be a walk in the park ... here's where the game will be won and lost and it will be no contest ....

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Alexis hasn't started a game vs Tottenham hasn't he? He was on the bench for that 1-1 at the Emirates last year and then didn't play at WHL no?

em9999

My rainbows
Clear win 3-0 to us - watched Sp**s beat a very very poor villa team - wasn't at all impressed - people are over rating spuds - no way we lose or draw this game -

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No wonder their fans think they're close to our level when you look at these predictions.

Giroud will score been on a good run lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom