• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: The Arsenal v Tottenham (H) | Nov 8, 16.00, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
TBF they have closed the gap but there is still a gap. They keep saying there's a power shift-that's where they get it wrong. Anyway, I think the Sp*ddies have learnt from their many egg on face moments bragging about a powershift in North London.
They didn't close the gap. We just got ****ter over the last decade.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
My main problem with Vardy is he's currently in good form but hes only shown it this season and we're only a couple months into it. Say he keeps up this form until Xmas and we decide to make a bid, how much would Leicester demand for (if he is) the Premiership's top scorer? Would we not be better investing, all be it, more money into Griezmann or Aubameyang ?
There is also the fact we should have Welbeck back by January, so the "short at CF " point shouldn't stand by then if we have Giroud, Theo and Welbeck fit and Welbeck is not an injury prone player (looking at his fitness record) he's just been hit by a bad injury that's kept him out so far.
Apparently Welbeck is one of the MOST injury prone players around, apparently - saw some article naming the 20 most injury prone players of the last few years and our Danny was right up there near the top.

I don't think Wenger is buying a CF in January-maybe a winger, CB or CM

BobP

Memri Fan
Tottenham can run, that is all.

Their manager organized their pressing well and it was complemented well by the athletic nature of some of their players.

Have no idea why this Ali kid is being lauded, I've watched a few Sp**s games and am yet to really be impressed with him.

Reminds me of the Liverpool game, unsettled by injuries and the opposition capitalize to an extent whilst at the same time we have our chances which Giroud characteristically ****s up.

BobP

Memri Fan
You have Bellerin, Ramsey, Walcott back in and Cazorla not under the weather and you have a relatively comfortable win.

Could've seen ourselves just playing around our press or just sending a ball over to Walcott to break their lines.

redanddread

Watched the 2nd 1/2 again last night & Sp*rs really ran us ragged, yet we had the best chances. Where they were vulnerable, were to crosses into the box. However we didn't have any crosses from our FB's.

They did outplay us though for long stretches of the game.

redanddread

Poch has Dembele playing like never before-he bullied our midfield. Always liked this player but he had no end product, now he seems to be producing.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well with Caz not well and our right side down on output by about 50 percent . Not suprised . They still weren't very good .

jarsenal_man

Being young and English makes a good performance an outstanding performance, particularly when a former England international is the judge

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football

Their manager organized their pressing well and it was complemented well by the athletic nature of some of their players.

Have no idea why this Ali kid is being lauded, I've watched a few Sp**s games and am yet to really be impressed with him.

Reminds me of the Liverpool game, unsettled by injuries and the opposition capitalize to an extent whilst at the same time we have our chances which Giroud characteristically ****s up.
Dont agree, they have flair with Dembele Lamela and Erikssen, Alli looks good because he can get himself into the box, he is similar to Ramsey in a way, Since Parker/Modric/Bale/VDV this is the best that i have seen Sp**s play, they are still way behind us but they have a very good team.

BobP

Memri Fan
Dont agree, they have flair with Dembele Lamela and Erikssen, Alli looks good because he can get himself into the box, he is similar to Ramsey in a way, Since Parker/Modric/Bale/VDV this is the best that i have seen Sp**s play, they are still way behind us but they have a very good team.

Dembele? Flair? Please...

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Exactly this.

They were quite calm in possession and capitalised on our mistakes pretty well. We were not fluid enough and gave the ball away, unusually so.

Their opener came as a result of us gambling with the offside trap and it paid off for them.

Have a look at the game statistics, and you will see what their game plan was. We did the exact same thing to Bayern earlier, it doesnt mean that we were any closer to the Bavarians.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...Arsenal-vs-Sp**s-north-London-derby-live.html

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I accept @redanddread 's comments from earlier. We had the harder game indeed, and our legs were far from their usual quality.

We need Santi, Alexis, Mesut, Coquelin, Kos to take a break over the next two weeks. I suspect Santi not being at the races could also have been a smart ploy.

Ox, Ramsey, Bellerin and Arteta to be back for our next run, with Theo possibly in time for City.

We looking a little different boys. This team looks as good as 07-08 for me.

Last edited:

juice man

Can't make his mind up
Wow, lot of people hyping Sp**s here. Thought the game had a lot more to do with us playing like **** than Sp**s playing well. I think that was one of our worst PL performances this season, on another day I think we would smash them.

Sp**s are the same as United, poor but picking up points.

They do have a habit of trouble us at Emirates under Pochy. We would have destroyed them with our full starting XI!

redanddread

It's now 3 NLD's in the league since we beat them-when was the last time under Wenger that that had happened..

Anyway, I'm not here to laud Sp*rs but they are playing well & the fact that they've only lost once in the league is testament to that. This does seem to be their best TEAM in a while and whilst short on star names, they have bought into Poch's team ethic and are playing well.

They ran us ragged at ****e Hart Lane earlier in the year and it's something that Wenger will have to address from a tactical POV when we next play them.

Our injuries cost us big time and it's a testament to our mental resolve not to lose to them and maybe the fact that they still mentally feel in our shadow, that we were able to eke out a point. Trust me we were hardly ever in that game and had they had a little more belief and a little more quality upfront we'd be nursing a NLD sized hangover this week.

redanddread

I accept @redanddread 's comments from earlier. We had the harder game indeed, and our legs were far from their usual quality.

We need Santi, Alexis, Mesut, Coquelin, Kos to take a break over the next two weeks. I suspect Santi not being at the races could also have been a smart ploy.

Ox, Ramsey, Bellerin and Arteta to be back for our next run, with Theo possibly in time for City.

We looking a little different boys. This team looks as good as 07-08 for me.
Unfortunately Chile have a couple WC qualifiers so I don't see Alexis getting a break. If so then Wenger will have to rest him on his return I reckon.

chessygoal

Wow, lot of people hyping Sp**s here. Thought the game had a lot more to do with us playing like **** than Sp**s playing well. I think that was one of our worst PL performances this season, on another day I think we would smash them.
Pochettino knows how to play us, even with our 1st team it would have been a difficult game.
For sure Sp**s are poor going forward and rely mostly on individual brilliance but they are a well organized team and as much as I hate them, they are a serious contender for top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom