• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: The Arsenal v Tottenham (H) | Nov 8, 16.00, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
My only concern is twice we've tried the famous Arsenal offside trap and twice in two games conceded

Thrice if you count the chance Gomis botched/Bellerin saved in the first half of the Swansea match. Koschielny was moving upfield and had to change directions in that case as well.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
. Koschielny .

images

adpree

Go ask Chelsea how their first choice striker is performing, we can forgive our second choice for missing a chance.

Strikers miss chances it happens.

Giroud was vital in us getting a point today.

We played Sp**s a team with one of the best defensive records in the league City played rock bottom Villa with their first choice team minus Aguero.

Perspective.

Perspective is one thing but looking at the bigger picture, if we are truly pushing for the title and have a striker who scores 1 from 4 clear cut chances, we are really shooting ourselves in the foot.

Giroud is not second choice, the guys been dropped for a loss of form and partly for Wenger coming good on his promise to play Walcott through the middle. Walcott has not done enough over a significant period to consider him above Giroud.

adpree

IF we want to win the league, we don't have much choice.

Willingness aside, historically speaking the probability of finding WC players in January is very low. Majority of the big moves happen at the end of a season. Won't be holding my breath this jan to be honest.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Perspective is one thing but looking at the bigger picture, if we are truly pushing for the title and have a striker who scores 1 from 4 clear cut chances, we are really shooting ourselves in the foot.

Giroud is not second choice, the guys been dropped for a loss of form and partly for Wenger coming good on his promise to play Walcott through the middle. Walcott has not done enough over a significant period to consider him above Giroud.
Yeah and in the two big games Walcott has started up front we won, United and Bayern, we also beat Chelsea pre season with Theo leading the line Iirc. Yes Theo came off against Bayern and Giroud scored but see my assessment of how that helps Giroud.

Walcott for me has done enough to be considered first choice

Between him Giroud and Welbeck (when all fit) we have the overall best attack in the league.

adpree

Yeah and in the two big games Walcott has started up front we won, United and Bayern, we also beat Chelsea pre season with Theo leading the line Iirc. Yes Theo came off against Bayern and Giroud scored but see my assessment of how that helps Giroud.

Between him Giroud and Welbeck (when all fit) we have the overall best attack in the league.

Both of them still don't strike me as the type of player who would drag us across the finish line in games where the rest are below par. They need a team performance to truly shine. Giroud has scored against top opposition in his time with us, been more wasteful as well but he has.

Walcott could edge it 1st choice if he could just stay fit for an entire season. Till then I would take a fit Giroud over Walcott.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yes you can't deny sp*rs are edging closer towards the gap but they still need to refuel the plane 10 times just to land on our side.

Every coach they have had from Martin Jol , Juande Ramos , Harry Redknapp even AVB for a little while has had them performing well for a season . Not sure why people make out Porchettino to be some miracle worker .

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Every coach they have had from Martin Jol , Juande Ramos , Harry Redknapp even AVB for a little while has had them performing well for a season . Not sure why people make out Porchettino to be some miracle worker .

He'd have to finish 3rd to improve on what's done before, although you could argue he hasn't got the same quality when they had Modric, VDV and Bale.

say yes

forum master baiter

This is madness. Utter madness.

RUS arsenal

Established Member

Not picking on you in particular but I really don't get this need to determine the "1st choice." Better to consider them a tag team, sometimes one would start and the other would come on as a sub, sometimes vice versa. It will all depend on the game and the opposition. Having such contrasting styles will cause any opposition nightmares. Even Bayern succumbed to this combination. In a sense your last sentence echos what I'm saying but I don't think we'll have a need to pick a set starter. The one who starts will be determined by opposition, fitness and current form. I'm sure these things will fluctuate pretty often.

say yes

forum master baiter
And even then I really don't think that's true. Is a fully fit Walcott/Welbeck/Giroud really the best attack in the league?

City/Chelsea/Liverpool all have better 1st and 2nd choice CFs. Sp**s have at least a better 1st choice CF. United are debatable - Martial vs Walcott and Rooney vs Giroud, but I'd personally rather have their options.

When you compare us to the competition, the only prize our attack wins is 'Best 3rd choice CF', which is as pointless an award as you could hope to expect.

Our attack is ~4th best in the league. Thankfully we've got the best manager, the 1st/2nd best midfield, a very settled defence, and a world class goalkeeper.

Any challenge for the league this season will be in spite of our attacking options, not because of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom