• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL: The Arsenal v Tottenham (H) | Nov 8, 16.00, SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There has probably been enough analysis done on this thread but feel the need to throw my own two cents in.

No striker scores a goal a game in the league no matter how good you are. Every forward will miss chances Suarez done it in his unbelievable season as did RVP. Elite strikers cannot do it why is there an unrealistic burden on Giroud.

Our team is at its bare minimum just now, to be second in the league is outstanding. We played a more than decent Sp**s team who were full strength we were tired after playing one of the best teams at ball retention and couldn't afford to rotate.

My only concern is twice we've tried the famous Arsenal offside trap and twice in two games conceded. The similarity between Bayern first and Sp**s first is striking from the area the ball was played (right hand side no pressure) to the reaction of the defence (stepping up with no pressure). Its not working, scrap it. Go with the man.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
There has probably been enough analysis done on this thread but feel the need to throw my own two cents in.

No striker scores a goal a game in the league no matter how good you are. Every forward will miss chances Suarez done it in his unbelievable season as did RVP. Elite strikers cannot do it why is there an unrealistic burden on Giroud.

Our team is at its bare minimum just now, to be second in the league is outstanding. We played a more than decent Sp**s team who were full strength we were tired after playing one of the best teams at ball retention and couldn't afford to rotate.

My only concern is twice we've tried the famous Arsenal offside trap and twice in two games conceded. The similarity between Bayern first and Sp**s first is striking from the area the ball was played (right hand side no pressure) to the reaction of the defence (stepping up with no pressure). Its not working, scrap it. Go with the man.

Agreed but it's a default movement I think. Koz realised that he was late moving up as did Gabriel in Munich. However as they always tell you if there's no pressure on the man with the ball go with the runner and both Koz & Gabriel were lazy in their defending for those two goals.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I dont think it's lazy. For it to happen back to back with different players to me, and it's only my opinion, is this is Boulds influence. Mertesacker pushes up as well just before Rose I think puts the ball in.

To me It's getting back to what was the corner stone of Arsenal for years. It needs time if it is a tactic but laziness or ineptitude no matter which reason is why it happened it needs cut out.

Gegen Pressing

At least 3 things stood out

A. Merte scary getting high up and he's the slowest both moving back and distributing. Would rather have kos higher and Merte staying back.

B. Giroud so wasteful that was his signature match. Typically emotional when cool head is needed. Fail all accounts

C. Wenger is slow to realize Gibbs came on and Sanchez moved right should be crossing to Giroud more as without bellerin/ramsey our creativity is poor and crossing is obvious plan B.

TheGlitch

We obviously play a high line, with mertsacker leading the line for others to follow, if he steps up the rest needs to be in line. Monreal seems to get right all the time. Kosc/gabriel just had concentration lapse sometimes. Bellerin plays like a wingback so he is hardly in the equation.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
CTYUQsmXAAAC4FA.jpg

Sp**s getting bantered off by TFL. :lol:

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Pochettino knows how to play us, even with our 1st team it would have been a difficult game.
For sure Sp**s are poor going forward and rely mostly on individual brilliance but they are a well organized team and as much as I hate them, they are a serious contender for top 4.

Its no secret, that our team cannot handle the pressing game as well. Klopp's Dortmund gave us tremendous problems as well.

We have the solution however, and that is to play faster with a better pass completion record. What Sp**s have done, very well I must add, is to press us and close down our passing lanes very effectively. We had no solution for that on the day.

However, we have also shown an ability to deal with this tactic in the past, against better sides, and now equipped with a better team we become far more dangerous when we do, what is needed, correctly.

@redanddread raised a good point on the fact that we have not beaten Sp**s in a while, and its definitely due to them playing this way against us. The key is to take this new development back to the drawing board and adjust for our next game, and similar tactics which will come.

I am confident we have what it takes to deal with this tactic, and also quietly confident that Wenger and co are paying attention to such subtleties now, despite popular opinion that Arsène doesnt do tactics.

The question in my mind however is... why arent we acting accordingly, consistently. Because Potchettino hasnt found something new. Koeman, Hughes, Monk, Mourinho all do the same thing against us.

Malky

Established Member
Yes there is a case that we could of won the game but I don't see why there's so much negativity about this game, we played with a team that had no rotation or rest in 3 games, we played some awful stuff for 70mins, wasted a few chances that any other game we would of taken but the bottom line is Sp**s still couldn't get the win! The final 15 mins they had there backs against the wall just desperate to get out of the game with a point. Manchester United under Ferguson done this for years - played badly, outplayed, didn't deserve anything from the game but still came out of it with a point and that's what made them so successful at the time.

Saying that, if we had a full strength team we would of spanked them, Ramsey especially would of been vital to us in winning the midfield battle and with the space they were leaving at the back - it would of been perfect for Walcott.

Giroud

Established Member
Dembele looks brilliant on the highlight reel, but pretty ineffective when you look at his impact on the game as a whole. Much like Diaby.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

A bit late to the party but why are the media pushing this whole 'New Sp**s' storyline?

People are acting like they've made a miraculous transition when all they did was beat a depleted and tired Arsenal side.

I think only one paper has mentioned that our point was actually quite valuable when you look at our circumstances.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Sp**s are a good team tbf, they will finish in top 4 this season, but we had 10 players out we had nothing on the bench, and after beeing destroyed by Bayern it was not a bad result.

I hope we get some players back !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Latest posts

Top Bottom