• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

EPL - Tottenham vs Arsenal - Wed 20th April 7:45pm - SS1

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Tottenham look shattered if you ask me, the wheels are falling off rather quickly now. Plenty of niggly injuries, their forwards are horribly out of form, Van der Vaart's purple patch is over and most teams have finally figured out how to stop Bale, when he's not out injured that is. We are looking terrible at the moment but it's not much better at White Hart Lane these days.

The only thing I genuinely fear is they will be much more fired up than us, and that we'll find ourselves playing catchup once more. Last year we were doing nothing for large parts of the game, lost Vermaelen after ten minutes or so and relied on Sol to keep us in it. We exploded into life when Van Persie came on but it was all too late. I suppose most people fear a similar scenario and if I'm honest, it's hard to blame anyone feeling that way. I just know a small part inside of me will die when Wilshere and maybe a few others are let down by seemingly uninterested teammates again.

But going into a NLD with that attitude just feels plain wrong. It's a sad state of affairs.

Invincible

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
A game where heart, bottle, passion and commitment goes much further than being able to pass the ball in pretty triangles in midfield.

Oh for Adams, Keown, Dixon, Vieira etc.
Spot on.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I fear a 3 or 4-1 Ya va. I can see them wanting it more than us and the atmosphere proving too much for some of our players. I know it sounds all doom and gloom, but this is getting all too predictable, and Ive not been wrong lately.

ricky1985

Established Member
It'll be a close game, we won't get battered or anything of the sort. As Y va said, if we've had a bad couple of months what have these losers had? Remember Twitch was claiming they could win the title only a couple months back.

Y va marquer

Established Member
Jury, 4-1?
To them?

I don't know if I'm seeing things clearly as regards what we are and are not capable of these days, but I can't see that happening.

That would be the end really.

Bossa

Established Member
Not in the mood to think about this game. I just hope that we wont get embarrassed.

Szscsesny
Sagna Djourou Koscielny Clichy
Fabregas Song Wilshere
Walcott RVP Arshavin

dyeruz

Established Member
This team has the capability to both surprise and shock you, sad thing is I don't "expect" us to win, which will make winning even more sweeter if that happens. Wenger can win this game for us, quicker passing, more movement and 4-4-2, two strikers up front but alas that won't happen so I guess it will be more of the same then.

Accomplished

Established Member
dyeruz said:
This team has the capability to both surprise and shock you, sad thing is I don't "expect" us to win, which will make winning even more sweeter if that happens. Wenger can win this game for us, quicker passing, more movement and 4-4-2, two strikers up front but alas that won't happen so I guess it will be more of the same then.

It's got to the point where I really wouldn't mind seeing a 4-4-2 right from the start.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
We were 2 seconds from winning today's match. If we had done we wouldn't be so unconfident about Sp**s. Alas, Eboue ****ed up totally and has put us in this situation. And alas, I can't be arsed to even think about this match right now. All I know is that that twitchy ginger **** manager will fire up his bunch of ****s more than Wenger will fire up our useless bunch of ****s.

Oh, and drop Nasri. ASAP.

Emma Lusa

DJ_Markstar said:
Spuds are still a far weaker team than us - we should get three points here.

That's exactly the attitude Wenger and the players that currently embarrass the shirt seem to start every game with. We are 10 points ahead of them if they win this and their game in hand it will be just 4 points hardly the gap it should be.
We need to go out with the attitude we showed against Barcelona a team we knew were 'better' than us so we knew we had to play at our best - and we did.
This soft mental approach "we are better so we will do out tippy-tappy stuff and win" is why we are winning f*** all every year.
If Wenger (I for one don't believe he's capable) or someone doesn't get behind this squad with a f****** flamethrower before the game this 'weaker team than us' will end our season without any shadow of doubt.
The NLD is all about pride and bragging rights, I'm not sure Wenger or half the players have any idea what that means, or worse I'm not sure that they care ........

qs

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Spuds are still a far weaker team than us - we should get three points here.

Exactly. They are a bag of poo. If we lose this theres no hope.

alboots101

Established Member
All get you your NY hats on.

This is the big one, this is the only important game of the season, next to the home tie of course.

Right now, this is where our season starts by beating these ****s.

dpt49

Established Member
goonerwarsh said:
If we lose this, the **** is seriously going to hit the fan!! We will see arsenal mania meltdown
I don't know about AM meltdown,

I can see AW having a nervous breakdown

darthwenger

The way I'm feeling at the moment I'm banking on us being 3 goals up at HT and then conceding 4 in the last 10 minutes.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 27

Arsenal are considering a loan move for Barcelona striker Victor Roque [Sport]

Wolves, Aston Villa, Everton and Crystal Palace are in the race to sign Emile Smith Rowe [TeamTalk]

Fabio Vieira could leave the club if the club receives a “good proposal” [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal, Man Utd and PSG are the favourites to land 18 year old attacker Désiré Doué. Rennes want €40m after turning down half that from Leverkusen in January. [RMC]

Newcastle’s interest in Aaron Ramsdale has cooled as they view the £30m asking price as too high [Craig Hope - Daily Mail]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom