• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League 2023/24

Thrice

Those owners aren't going to be handing out a big war chest unless they get some sort of investor over the summer. They probably cash in on Salah to Saudi but they're not going to buy someone better or more reliable no matter how much they sell him for so they will regress big time.
They have a big rebuild on the horizon anyway. Alisson, VVD, Salah. Some of their most important players are getting older/reaching the end of their prime.
They have a few pieces to build around. Mac Allister, Luis Diaz, Gakpo. And some of their young players look promising. But to stay at the top, they'll need more than that. And a proper manager to replace Klopp.

Malky

Established Member
Those owners aren't going to be handing out a big war chest unless they get some sort of investor over the summer. They probably cash in on Salah to Saudi but they're not going to buy someone better or more reliable no matter how much they sell him for so they will regress big time.
100%, mate.
They’ll get their big money for Salah but they’ll “ invest “ it into a couple of positions and end up signing above average dross like Endo. They’ll basically do what Sp**s did when they sold Bale.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
They have a big rebuild on the horizon anyway. Alisson, VVD, Salah. Some of their most important players are getting older/reaching the end of their prime.
They have a few pieces to build around. Mac Allister, Luis Diaz, Gakpo. And some of their young players look promising. But to stay at the top, they'll need more than that. And a proper manager to replace Klopp.
Gakpo is dreadful but they do have some other decent pieces. That said, Klopp gave them something extra. It will be tough for them to replicate that. They're back to being a team that finishes 7th or 8th for the foreseeable future, I think.

dino bravo

Established Member

Gakpo is dreadful but they do have some other decent pieces. That said, Klopp gave them something extra. It will be tough for them to replicate that. They're back to being a team that finishes 7th or 8th for the foreseeable future, I think.
7th or 8th is a bit low, but I think they will certainly be scrapping for top 4.

BergMan

Leverkusen Ultra
There’s an argument the West Ham 1 was more dangerous than everything Leverkusen created up until the goal.

Of course they’ll have a counter attack it’s easy when the whole space is open. Our whole defence was parked in their half. We did create many chances.

Thrice

Really depends on the new manager. Klopp has built a solid foundation and more importantly has injected a winner mentality into the club. If the new manager is smart enough to build on that I think they'll stay in the top 4 race.

Batman

7th or 8th is a bit low, but I think they will certainly be scrapping for top 4.
Think about what has become of United since Fergie left and then remember Liverpool won't have the bottomless pit of money United have. Now remember how many times they got it wrong before Klopp and consider that Chelsea and United can only really go up from here. They're in big trouble.

Batman

Really depends on the new manager. Klopp has built a solid foundation and more importantly has injected a winner mentality into the club. If the new manager is smart enough to build on that I think they'll stay in the top 4 race.
Part of that foundation is old and has to be willing to stay though. Do VVD and Salah want to rebuild? I don't know. Endo isn't young. There are so many question marks and they punched above their weight this season with a manager who is better than whomever will be in the seat next season.

dino bravo

Established Member

Of course they’ll have a counter attack it’s easy when the whole space is open. Our whole defence was parked in their half. We did create many chances.
Just watched the highlights again and when I posted the first message that has upset you, it was all long range shots apart from a header. Worked out in the end though.

dino bravo

Established Member

Think about what has become of United since Fergie left and then remember Liverpool won't have the bottomless pit of money United have. Now remember how many times they got it wrong before Klopp and consider that Chelsea and United can only really go up from here. They're in big trouble.
They will be 4th or 5th next season is my prediction.

Batman

You're on the team now? How does that work with the restraining order? Remote work?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

90 minutes is 90 minutes, whether you're playing Atlanta or Bayern. Travelling on Thursdays and not being able to have extended recovery time or proper training before the next league game is going to have much more of an affect. Them getting knocked out will do them a massive favour, although after that performance you could see them dropping points in the league.

dino bravo

Established Member

Schick did a back heel that nearly went in.
You are a good guy and I like Leverkusen and Xhaka and hope they win everything this season, but I wasn’t impressed with the first 70mins against a crap West Ham. Everyone dominates them.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Top Bottom