• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton vs Arsenal, Saturday, 29th December 17:15

patrick42uk

Established Member
Draw would be a great result, given our current form and theirs. I actually think 4-5-1 makes sense for this game. We are not playing vintage stuff so it should be about keeping it tight and hoping Gallas pops up with a set-piece goal.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Draw would be a great result, given our current form and theirs. I actually think 4-5-1 makes sense for this game. We are not playing vintage stuff so it should be about keeping it tight and hoping Gallas pops up with a set-piece goal.

Are we bloody Tottenham or something. Draw a great result?! Hell no it would be another set back.

We simply have the better players and the better team. Everton should be hoping for a draw and we should be hoping for the win.

However if we play a 4-5-1 i can see another poor and ineffective performance in the final third. We simply must play the two strikers with Hleb on the left wing.

gunner321

I can see a draw or a defeat in this one, it is our hardest away fixture of the month, and we are not in good form.

That is even more the case knowing that we don't have RvP again and even more importantly , Gallas is a doubt.

Gurgen

Established Member
It's a must win like every other game tbh, but I can't see us scoring more than them. Especially with one exhausted striker.

cescthebest

I want us to play 4-5-1. Like patrick said we are not sharp in attack right now, that means we should defend and not conceed first and as long as the game goes on, we might nick a goal.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
as long as its 4-4-2, our chances of a win will be GREATLY increased.

we can't afford to drop any single point, and hope west ham does well against utd to reclaim the lead

stuart

Established Member
Everton have been performing too well recently to beat us as well......thats how i look at it!

Their turning into a good team, but we are still alot better than them. If we turn up and perform we will beat them

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Dragon181 said:
This is going to be an important game because of the disappointment against Pompey. I always said that Pompey was going to be a hard game, and I guess I was right. I prefer to be wrong at times like these, but what can you do?

Everton are a very good team. They were unlucky to lose to ManU on a late (deserved) penalty because of Pienaar, who had an otherwise good game, and could have kept the tie. Their back line is resilient, Cahill and Yakubu have been in pretty good form, and they score a whole lot of goals (34 so far this season; we have 36, like ManU). At the very least, they won't be quite as shy going forward as Harry's boys. So it won't be as stifling in midfield as it was yesterday. Still, if it's going to be a shoot-out, I wonder how many goals we have in us. It's a worrying game.

My pre-injury news line-up

--------------------Almunia----------------------
--Sagna--Touré--Gallas/Song--Clichy--
--Hleb--Fabregas--Flamini--Rosicky---
----------Adebayor--Van Persie-------------

I hope that Gallas isn't injured, but I fear that he is, and after Song's display at the CC, he'll probably be picked in front of Senderos. I hope RVP's groin injury is nothing, so he can play at the game and we can forget about this 4-5-1 BS. If not, I expect Hleb to be behind Ade, with Eboue back on the right a la 4-5-1. We really shouldn't be doing this against non-elite European teams.

Here's hoping that good weekend results make up for how crappy a day I've been having (the day after Christmas, no less).

RVP wont play and Gallas is a doubt.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... st+Everton

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
We have to win, its our obligation.If we want to win the league then we have to win all of our games, or at least try as hard as we can to win all of our games.We must play a 4-4-2 formation with Bendtner upfront and with Eboue on the bench and Hleb on the right wing.If I see Eboue as a starter against Everton I might just have to kill my self.Like I just said, we have to win this game.

vantoure

jay-d said:
This is a fixture I think we will lose. But after we'll go on a great run again.

I dont think so.

I'm not sure about a victory for us but i feel confident we wont lose. why? i dont know 8))

patrick42uk

Established Member
We are not Tottenham and we are good enough to win. However, you have to respect the opposition. They are a very good side. As Avram Grant always says, 'we dont play alone on the pitch'.

Man U beat them at Goodison in the scenario i have just described. You have to accept we are not playing well at the moment and we have to go out for the result.

vin de guerre

I think we need to go and get the win. Not because manure will beat but WH but rather that manure have beaten Everton home and away this season. A compaison of results against the same team is far more relevant to the later outcome of the EPL.

gunner321

Differance is they tend to roll over for the Mancs, comparing equivalent results means nothing, because last season they drew with Reading and we thrashed them.

This game is vital because I reckon if we draw or lose they will extend their lead at the top.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Here's your team...

---------------------------- Manny ---------------------------------

--- Sagna ------- Toure ------ Senderos ------- Clichy --

---- Eboue ----- Fabregas ----- Flamini --- Rosicky --

----------------------------- Hleb -----------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Adebayor

Forget the 4-4-2 nonsense, you know Wenger will not play 4-4-2 without van Persie, especially away against a good team.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
thats the correct team predicted. theres no need for any other predictions.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Here's your team...

--- Sagna ------- Touré ------ Senderos ------- Clichy --

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Adebayor

Forget the 4-4-2 nonsense, you know Wenger will not play 4-4-2 without van Persie, especially away against a good team.

Alas you are right. I would love you to be wrong (I sense that you would too), but know that you are not.

This fixture is a tough piece of sh*t but we may still get a win.

cescthebest

MDGoonah41 said:
Here's your team...

I can see Gilberto or Diarra replacing Eboue.

True Gooner

Established Member
cescthebest said:
MDGoonah41 said:
Here's your team...

I can see Gilberto or Diarra replacing Eboue.

Eh? :?

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom