• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Everton vs Arsenal, Saturday, 29th December 17:15

True Gooner

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Here's your team...

---------------------------- Manny ---------------------------------

--- Sagna ------- Touré ------ Senderos ------- Clichy --

---- Eboue ----- Fabregas ----- Flamini --- Rosicky --

----------------------------- Hleb -----------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Adebayor

Forget the 4-4-2 nonsense, you know Wenger will not play 4-4-2 without van Persie, especially away against a good team.

Thats should be it....3 points would be great, but we would have to be lucky. Even our football will not be able to do the talking here.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I honestly would be really intrigued to see Sagna play at CB and use Diarra at RB. Sagna is shorter than Toure and Gallas, but 20x better in the air. We'd lose his pace down the right side, but I think it would be an interesting exercise, and might give Wenger another option in January, espeically because it might keep Diarra happier if he's starting more games, even if it's not in the center of the midfield.

nazo

Established Member
Maybe Wenger might change something considering we're playing 3 days after another match?

Bendtner starting? Diaby? Theo?

kamikaze80

Established Member
cescthebest said:
I want us to play 4-5-1. Like patrick said we are not sharp in attack right now, that means we should defend and not conceed first and as long as the game goes on, we might nick a goal.
we're not sharp cos we're playing 4-5-1 and leaving our sharp players (bendtner) on the bench. since we're not sharp, we should play 4-5-1? catch-22 if i ever saw one.

sagna-toure-senderos-clichy
hleb-fabregas-flamini-rosicky
-------bendtner-adebayor-------

that midfield is more than capable of hanging onto the ball and if you get in a tough spot, you can always just punt it towards our giant forwards. also makes us more of a threat on set pieces if we're trying to nick a win that way.

adebayor does look shattered, and thats more the reason not to play him upfront alone, imo. itd just guarantee us not scoring. if we need to protect a lead, we can bring diarra on for one of the forwards. if we're down a goal, then we already have all our goalscorers on the pitch.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
MDGoonah41 said:
Here's your team...

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Adebayor

Forget the 4-4-2 nonsense, you know Wenger will not play 4-4-2 without van Persie, especially away against a good team.
This fecking 4-5-1 is killing us, why persist with a formation that bears no fruit,???? :(

the dawn raids

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
Man U beat them at Goodison in the scenario i have just described. You have to accept we are not playing well at the moment and we have to go out for the result.

thats fine, but to still rely on a lone striker who is playing like total **** at the moment is ****. united did not have someone who is so dire right now leading the line.

especially when wenger wont bring subs on until the 83rd minute.

Webdesignlab

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Here's your team...

Opp' defenders

Ade is NOW in his normal place

vantoure

Webdesignlab said:
MDGoonah41 said:
Here's your team...

Opp' defenders

Ade is NOW in his normal place

I dont have problems with this formation. it has got us results this season.
What will be key is if our players are mentally and physically refreshed (esp fab and hleb), then we can get our smooth passing game and our very good movement. In that case, everton will be in serious trouble. but if we play like our form has been for some time, then we may struggle, though i dont think we'll lose. why? i dont know...

giuliob

Everton plays an up tempo, direct style, so it should be an entertaining game...Fabregas and Hleb won't be out muscled around the pitch as they were against Portsmouth...Would love to see Bendtner play for at least 45 minutes..

Illusion

Established Member
An absolute must win game.

If we drop points it will give the psychological edge even more to the Mancs (unless they lose). Giving them a psychological edge is bad because that usually Sp**s them on to win the next ten games purely on sheer grit and determination.

If we win we gain an edge regardless of their result, it shows we can still do it, still score, beat a tough team and keep pace with Utd. If Utd drop points it will be an even bigger bonus, ball back in our court and a bigger edge over them.

Winning means a lot, it always means a lot but it really does mean a lot now (one weird sentence).

morpho

Established Member
to be quite honest i think we're going to be 4 points behind manure saturday evening... but then again, west ham beat manure twice last season :twisted:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i would bet Gallas will play.. Wenger saying he is a DOUBT does not mean he wont play.. it means he got a kick on the foot, but Gallas is a leader and a warrior.. if he is even remotely ready to play, he will....

beepos

This is undoubtedly one of our toughest matches this season. We're not in form, and are making ourselves look like last year's team again.

The only good thing I can see now is that Chelsea has 3/4 of their team out due to suspensions and injuries. If only Ronaldo would get suspended.... :twisted:

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I want Cesc not to start this game. His movements looked wierd in the recent games so maybe a rest might benefit him.

I would start:

--------------Almunia
Sagna, Kolo, Gallas, Clichy
Eboue, Diarra, Flamini, Rosicky
----------------Hleb
-----------------Ade

I do hope Wenger will bring both Bendtner and Eduardo to this away game this time.... and bold enough to use them if necessary.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Latest posts

Top Bottom