• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA | Arsenal vs Blackburn | 16/02/2013 | 15:00 | Player |

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo_ense

Established Member
redanddread said:
AS bad as the result was it really is just one of those things that happen. Quite honestly, everytime we get knocked out a cup it's like the world has come to an end and this trophyless thing is brought up again. However, it's never mentioned that certain clubs haven't won **** for umpteen years. We are a successful football club that is going through a tough streak but the way it's all blown out of proportion by certain sets of fans, the media etc etc is quite frankly, ridiculous.

We've been knocked out twice in one season by lower league teams, in the latter stages of two competitions we could have realistically won. 2 chances to put and end to an eight year drought which is frankly unacceptable at the top level. Arsène's post emirates team have been complacent for so long and we've seen it so many times this season, show your opponents some respect ffs. This all comes down from Arsène imo, his delusions and arrogance seems to be rubbing off on his players and then he wonders why they constantly **** up. It will be a decade before Arsenal win anything and you can quote me on this.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Lady_Gooner said:
Well this was a depressing result to come back to :( match worth watching?

Watch it and make up your own mind as to why we lost.....It's not as boring as some make out. Not the greatest match obviously but worth a look

Stillmatic

Even the ITV highlights failed to make the match look great. It's not hard to work out why we lost and you could see it coming a mile off...

Airknight

Established Member
Stillmatic said:
redanddread said:
Not the greatest match obviously

And why would that be obvious to someone who hasn't seen it?

A quick look at the stats suggests Blackburn's plan, our incompetence (at corners in particular) and with the goal being a fluke all there's to watch is our unattractive desperation at the end.

Dwangoon

While Arsène Wenger and his team look out of sorts on how to break down the Blackburn side and finally ran out of excuses to make when he failed to address the shaky defence and lack of world-class quality upfront.......... the board have been connivingly quiet.

Arsenal used to field youngsters in these cup games, but it is pretty much first-team squad out there (although doesn't mean best XI). It is indeed another record low for the Gunners after losing at home in FA cup for a long time.

The stadiums are getting more empty and the patience has indeed ran out. Short spells of cheer and song were quickly discouraged by the inadequate team, which has now expanded to an inadequate club.

kopzilla

Always Negative
Don't want to wind anyone up but its better we lost now. It would have saved a heart rending inevitable loss in the final/semi final.

Enfield

Established Member
Uncle Mike said:
Enfield said:
We need a manager who will start putting the clubs priorities before that of his ego, his squads ego, his current players sensitivities etc.
What if "the club's priorities" are staying in the CL places and making money, rather than winning trophies? Isn't that what most of the Wenger Outers are saying -- that Wenger IS putting the club's priorities before anything else?

Yes, Wenger blew this one. I admit it. But it doesn't have a damn thing to do with anyone's ego.

Except maybe yours, and those of the Wenger Outers.

I'm not in the Wenger out brigade, I'm in the Wenger wake up brigade. We've had the same problems for quite a while now even though we've turned over quite a few players. Who is to blame for that, the reason that this place goes nuts after every defeat is because in the majority of cases the causes of defeat are repeating themselves.

I fully expect us to turn in a good performance Tuesday night and then go out to more poor mistakes in Munich. Right now we scare literally no one in football. Mugs like Blackburn are turning up looking forward to taking a scalp. Thats a terrible inditement on Wengers preparation of superior players.

Finally how hypocritical is it of our board to make a big noise about signing new sponsorship deals and front loading the payments when we turn around and only sign one player because someone got injured.

karl

The empty seats are starting to show more and more, even if they are paid for seats. I don't expect the team to necessarily win anything, because there are big spenders in each competition with bigger and better squads. However, it is the lack of performance to the level of squad that we do have that is not acceptable. If we expect to lose to lower league opposition and hang around 5-8 position in the EPL, let us have ticket prices commensurate with that. £30 a ticket and wages for players in the region of £20,000 per week is what the end result indicates.

A few bad performances are completely to be expected, but this inconsistency is not just a Walcott thing, because it is accepted by management right across the club. It is obviously a very comfortable environment to be an average footballer.

MaestroCesc

redanddread said:
Invincible said:
Typical mindset of our fans these days. Accepting mediocrity...sad times!
Medicority doesn't get you into the CL 14 years in a row. It doesn't get you a tie with bayern Munich in the CL. What happened today can happen in any football match. We've lost to lower league teams 3 times in 16 years of which twice happened this season. We saw it with Liverpool vs west Brom, we saw it with Barca vs Chelsea, we saw it with Bayern vs Chelsea. **** happens mate but our **** don't stink nearly as much as some fans would have you believe.

Typical remark of a fan that sits at home or in his 60 quid seat and watches his team without clearly any idea of what it actually takes to play, manage, or own a club the size of Arsenal.

What should I say or do that would indicate that I am hurting as much as you........... @#@#$@%^@&!&!**!! Arsène out!! Gervinho can f*ck right off! TV5 is a dumd stupid fecking c**t. Now I care!!
Redanddread, you dont understand this isnt about one match, this has been happening for ages. The amount of poor performances in the FA Cup and COC in the last few years is a joke. Why does it happen? Because Wenger makes it perfectly clear 4th place and CL is more important, as a result the players arent moativated for it. Blackburn isnt one match... We went out to Bradford, Burnley a few years ago and we should have gone out to Huddersfield, Doncaster, Leeds etc.

Thats a cheap snipe which is frankly ridiculous calling invincible someone who has no idea and sits in a 60 quid seat. Its not true, he realises this isnt a team which is improving, its going downhill. AW had the chance to build a team capable of challenging for trophies and the PL. Where are we? 21 points off top and out the FA and COC, that isnt acceptable nor kneejerking. Its obvious the whole club is failing not just the manager.

And yes this club has settled for mediocrity, hence why there was a poll on the official website asking whether people preferred top 4 or FA Cup. All the club seems to care about is top 4 so we can roll in the money. We are in a Catch 22 situation and how you cant see it i dont know but cut out the cheap snipes, its pathetic.

Enfield

Established Member
MaestroCesc said:
redanddread said:
Invincible said:
Typical mindset of our fans these days. Accepting mediocrity...sad times!
Medicority doesn't get you into the CL 14 years in a row. It doesn't get you a tie with bayern Munich in the CL. What happened today can happen in any football match. We've lost to lower league teams 3 times in 16 years of which twice happened this season. We saw it with Liverpool vs west Brom, we saw it with Barca vs Chelsea, we saw it with Bayern vs Chelsea. **** happens mate but our **** don't stink nearly as much as some fans would have you believe.

Typical remark of a fan that sits at home or in his 60 quid seat and watches his team without clearly any idea of what it actually takes to play, manage, or own a club the size of Arsenal.

What should I say or do that would indicate that I am hurting as much as you........... @#@#$@%^@&!&!**!! Arsène out!! Gervinho can f*ck right off! TV5 is a dumd stupid fecking c**t. Now I care!!
Redanddread, you dont understand this isnt about one match, this has been happening for ages. The amount of poor performances in the FA Cup and COC in the last few years is a joke. Why does it happen? Because Wenger makes it perfectly clear 4th place and CL is more important, as a result the players arent moativated for it. Blackburn isnt one match... We went out to Bradford, Burnley a few years ago and we should have gone out to Huddersfield, Doncaster, Leeds etc.

Thats a cheap snipe which is frankly ridiculous calling invincible someone who has no idea and sits in a 60 quid seat. Its not true, he realises this isnt a team which is improving, its going downhill. AW had the chance to build a team capable of challenging for trophies and the PL. Where are we? 21 points off top and out the FA and COC, that isnt acceptable nor kneejerking. Its obvious the whole club is failing not just the manager.

And yes this club has settled for mediocrity, hence why there was a poll on the official website asking whether people preferred top 4 or FA Cup. All the club seems to care about is top 4 so we can roll in the money. We are in a Catch 22 situation and how you cant see it i dont know but cut out the cheap snipes, its pathetic.

Here here.

Its infuriating how many people on here can climb up their own arse when it comes to discussing Arsenal. Anything that suggests change or calls for an upgrade is out of order because you're not as intelligent in analyzing the club or game as others.

AliBabaBrewer

We're accepting mediocrity if Wenger rests Sagna, Walcott, Podolski, Wilshere and Cazorla all at the same time in your only real chance of silverware this season to end a 7 year barren run (Now all but 8 years) and we say 'this happens' against a Blackburn side that had enough opportunities of the ball in dangerous positions to count on one hand.

evoh_1

Established Member
This season has been one long un funny joke. Going out of both cups with dumb performances against weaker opponents from teh lower leagues shows nothing is ever being learned at the club and the same sort of sh't can be wheeled out expect a different response.

Its not just Wenger's fault the players can stand up and look at themselves, but he is the boss he is there to make sure they don't play inside themselves with arrogance and end up losing becuase of poor tempo and a stupid mistake. No point moaning about money and how we can't compete when the clubs that are beating us pay a lot less and don't have the same moaning outlook.

the start of the game yesterday I was chatting to the guy next to me saying we may as well not bother turning up for kick off as nothing happens till the second half, so true. We totally waste so much time in so many games with slow starts and pointless posession and trying to thread the eye of the needle. Though what is the point in discussing these things everyone can see them yet nothing changes at the club as everyone is comfortable whatever happens.

I can see this result de-railing the campaign for 4th in a similar way to the carling cup loss a few years ago, these players and most arsenal players are mentally weak and fall apart with adversity.

dpt49

Established Member
Enfield said:
MaestroCesc said:

Here here.

Its infuriating how many people on here can climb up their own arse when it comes to discussing Arsenal. Anything that suggests change or calls for an upgrade is out of order because you're not as intelligent in analyzing the club or game as others.
I totally agree with this.
The people who back Wenger and the board no matter what happens seem to think they hold the moral high ground and anyone who doesn't agree with them are not proper supporters.
They also keep coming out with the "knee jerk" argument.

The same arguments have been made for the past few seasons, and not necessarily after a bad performance, so it cannot be called knee jerk as it is a consistent argument.

As for quotes like,

That is just putting words into other peoples mouths that they simply haven't said.
Resorting to that just means that it proves there is not a proper argument.

It's a bit like the, "if you don't like it go and support another club" argument. That is just childish.

I have been criticized a lot in recent seasons for daring to criticize the board and Wenger. It was not that long ago that I was accused of "not knowing what I was talking about," by several posters, when I said Kroenke was ruining our club.

This is a forum where anyone should have the right to have a point of view, no matter what it is.

But some of the comments, against people who don't think everything Wenger or the board are doing is right, are either just intolerant or in some cases offensive.

Personally, I think that there is clearly something wrong with this club, from our transfer policy to the way the club is run, at board level and with the coaching.
But I also believe that if someone believes that everything at the club is fine, that is their right to have that opinion, as long as they respect other peoples point of view.

The only question I would like to know the answer to is, how long does this situation have to go on for before these people actually realise something has got to change.

The "transition period" argument is wearing a little thin.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
To be fair, all this "but look at what Wenger's done, look at what we're achieving, be grateful..." etc, has worn far too thin. It's just 'top gooner' platitude now. That's not a balanced view of things at all. That's a lop-sided and one-eyed as you could possibly be IMO.

We ALL recognise what he's done. We're ALL grateful. But, and this is the clincher, we're ALL PISSED OFF!!!

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Moi? The first part is my opinion, hence the 'IMO'. The second part is fact. :) Is there something I'm missing?

1e2610020c7d7d692bd9bba76478ebe2ba881a0c_m.gif

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
No one is satisfied with the results for sure and whereas there are many that advocate change in the manager or players is the way forward, my opinion is that there needs to be a reasoned perspective of where we are at present. My response re "armchair fans & 60 quids seats" was in direct response to invincible who had suggested that my attitude was of a fan that had accepted mediocrity and I answered his quip with my own.

I firmly believe that the core of the club and the direction we are heading in is the right way. Of course I would prefer our results to have been better in recent years and have gone nutz over certain results but I do believe we have a blueprint for success at the club. I full understand why fans are pissed like hell but the invective that is spewed regards players, manager, BOD, club seems just childish, ignorant (at times) and tiring to me.

Does there need to be a change, obviously, however, I'm not of the opinion that 90% of what is advocated on the forum is the correct way forward though.

The club has adopted a path to move forward on and they believe that Arsène Wenger is the right man to take them there. For the record I feel that even with certain results taken into perspective, that he is that man. It's unlikely that the BOD will sack him and whereas there is a small chance he may walk at the end of the season, he has always been loyal to contracts.

Could another manager do a better job, maybe, maybe not. However, the mere fact that we haven't won a TROPHY for 8 years doesn't turn me into a screaming ball of rage and hate. I can't imagine what it must be like to be a Toon who hasn't seen his team win feck all since 1955.

Why would I continue with the present regime for the reason that at no time during our illustrious history have we been so consistent in our league placings and able to enjoy the trappings, pleasure & pain of the CL with such regularity. All of this happening at the same time as a transformation of club into a global brand with a stadium that should ensure our financial viability for years to come. We have undergone tremendous change over the last 6 years and all the time remaining competitive. Mistakes have been made and will continue to be made as is human. However, at the core of it I fully believe that the club is in a stronger position than at any time in it's recent history.

Yesterday's result was awful and questions should be asked of both manager & players, however, if anyone wants to discuss the reasons why it the happened it'd be great to be able to do so without reverting to the standard (for some) line of reasoning..@$#%^&** C**t, bastard, F*&k etc,

Not enough for some and that is their your opinion to have.

Cruisio

Established Member
Thing is, when the dust is settled, I don't see too many people effing and blinding, I see people saying exactly the same thing as they have done for ages. Yeah, immediately after a bad result you do get the odd "c**ts" thrown in there, but on the whole I think most people are talking about Wenger leaving and how it may be better for us in a pretty calm way

Also, you can't compare us to Newcastle, or the majority of most teams in the league. We're Arsenal, the 3rd biggest club in the country due to our history and what we've WON in that history, not because of our league places, not for our stadium, not for the players we've had, but for what we've actually WON. We're about to go into a time where we've been without a trophy for the longest time since I believe something like 1935. That for a club like ours, is unacceptable, for other clubs, not so much, but I don't support or care about other clubs

I can see what we're trying to do, I think everyone can see and accept we're trying to build for the future, but so many things are happening in the present, that can be dealt with right now with no harm to our future, which are not being done and are harming us in the process. Poor results against far less talented opposition (something which is become a far too frequent occurrence) have nothing to do with what we're trying to build for the future and neither does year after year downscaling our expectations to the point where if we win nothing what so ever, a 4th place finish is still seen as some sort of accomplishment as it allows us to qualify for a competition that we're never going to win anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom