• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Arsenal Vs Tottenham | 04/01/14 | 5:15 PM

blaze_of_glory

Yeah with a 9-day break after this game I really hope we put our best lineup out. Losing to these jokers would be unthinkable at this point and I expect Wenger will take no chances here.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I'd rest Per - looked a bit leggy against Cardiff I thought. Koscielny and Vermaelen have both missed a few games over Xmas, should be fine to play this one

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Per still needs to play for me, his game just isn't something that brings much fatigue upon himself. I'd love to know how many KM he averages per game compared to others. I just don't trust Verm and Kos as a partnership, against a direct 4-4-2 it could cause problems as well, even if one of their strikers is playing like a sunday league player right now.

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
There on a high at the moment and Adebayor will definitely turn up.

Under no circumstances should we lose to the **** in our own backyard. Put out a strong side, they've got a 9 day rest after.

It'd be very nice to win the FA Cup.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Kos and Verm against a resurgent Sp**s? Nah thanks. That pairing makes the rest feel uneasy. Add Jenks to the mix and chaos ensues. We'd have to score 4.

Floating

Established Member
So many question marks around the fitness of key players here - a lot is resting on whether or not Giroud, Gibbs, Monreal, Vermaelen, and Özil can be fit for the weekend.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
What's wrong with Monreal? I reckon Giroud and Özil are fine, the former should play because of Bendtner's injury and Pod's failure up front but I'd rather Özil doesn't start. Just looks like AW wants to give them a break and is being overly cautious. I think we can live without Oz for this and it will be great having him fully fit after that will be a big boost. Ideally he'll be sitting on the bench if something goes wrong.

Inthe blood

Established Member
Can't see Wenger risking any player in the red for a 3rd round F.A Cup tie, regardless of opposition. Would like to see Gnarby start and make his name in the NLD!

mo50

Established Member
Özil should start if he's fit. He's had 10 days off and we won't play another game for 9 days. This is the NLD and a cup game. Unlike the CL we have a realistic chance of winning this trophy. Same with Mertesacker. Koscielny + Vermaelen doesn't instil any confidence in me, but Per can play with anyone and look good.

Hopefully Giroud is fit. With Bendtner out we have no one that can play CF at a competent level. Podolski was awful against Cardiff and it won't get easier here.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
We should play a strong as possible team, would hate to lose to Sp**s and we should take the FA cup seriously.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Jasard said:
I hope we don't see Fabianski and Jenkinson but think we will. Eeek.

This isnt the league cup, no need to rest half the team...

The old "I haven't seen Jenkinson play for a few days, therefore he's terrible" routine. This gets boring.

DanielVale said:
A win. That is all.

OMG get Wengz on the blower straight away! This is tactical genius.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Has there been any news on Kos? Appeared to be checking his stitches after Bendtner scored.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

DJ_Markstar said:
Jasard said:
I hope we don't see Fabianski and Jenkinson but think we will. Eeek.

This isnt the league cup, no need to rest half the team...

The old "I haven't seen Jenkinson play for a few days, therefore he's terrible" routine. This gets boring.

DanielVale said:
A win. That is all.

OMG get Wengz on the blower straight away! This is tactical genius.

Huh? Apologies for highlighting the fact I want to see our strongest players against the ****. :roll:

squallkid

Established Member
Had a peak at glory glory. Most of them expect their first team to play with minimal rotation. On the one hand they should be tired but I remember a blue team from merseyside who won at old traffics then came to ours a few days later with an unchanged eleven and dominated us for the majority of the game.

I am in two minds about this game, on the one hand we could be heading to whl in march with a major advantage having beaten Sp**s twice but I don't want us to play out full team. Honestly though there is no guarantee that we win the league regardless of what we do, we could win 17 and draw one of our next 18 games and still not win the title if city win all 18 of their games.

Whereas in the fa cup our destiny is in our own hands and we're not dependent on anyone else's results, win 6 or 7 games and we've won the damn thing, no more throwing away the fa cup for a league were not even favorites to win. We smash Sp**s, stay in this competition, go to wembley and win this damned cup, as a club and supporters alike we've turned our nose up at this competition for too long, it's time we painted wembley red again.

VAVAVOOM 14

squallkid said:
Had a peak at glory glory. Most of them expect their first team to play with minimal rotation. On the one hand they should be tired but I remember a blue team from merseyside who won at old traffics then came to ours a few days later with an unchanged eleven and dominated us for the majority of the game.

I am in two minds about this game, on the one hand we could be heading to whl in march with a major advantage having beaten Sp**s twice but I don't want us to play out full team. Honestly though there is no guarantee that we win the league regardless of what we do, we could win 17 and draw one of our next 18 games and still not win the title if city win all 18 of their games.

Whereas in the fa cup our destiny is in our own hands and we're not dependent on anyone else's results, win 6 or 7 games and we've won the damn thing, no more throwing away the fa cup for a league were not even favorites to win. We smash Sp**s, stay in this competition, go to wembley and win this damned cup, as a club and supporters alike we've turned our nose up at this competition for too long, it's time we painted wembley red again.

Of course there is a guarantee as we are top of the league. How can our destiny not be in our own hands?

If we won all our remaining games no one could touch us.

say yes

forum master baiter
The Jury said:
**** me, I think people are severely underrating Sp**s here. Jenkinson? TV and Kos? Akpom and Gnaby up front? Flappy in goal... Why would anyone want to 'rest' Woj ffs? This is an FA cup tie and a NLD. A chance of a CUP?!! We've got a 9 day rest after this. Comical stuff. :lol:

This.

It's the FA Cup, our best chance of a trophy this season, against our biggest rivals, and people want to rest players?! Madness.

squallkid

Established Member
It is but it's unlikely that we will win all 18 so were still dependent on other teams continuing to drop points. Whereas win 7 or so games and we've won the cup. There's a reason why Wigan won the cup last year but still got relegated, easier to go on a cup game than it is to maintain consistency over an entire league season.

VAVAVOOM 14

squallkid said:
It is but it's unlikely that we will win all 18 so were still dependent on other teams continuing to drop points. Whereas win 7 or so games and we've won the cup. There's a reason why Wigan won the cup last year but still got relegated, easier to go on a cup game than it is to maintain consistency over an entire league season.

Obviously. But its unlikely City win all 18 of their remaining games as you suggested.

Every team vying for the title is dependent on other teams results - not just Arsenal - which is what you made it sound like.

23AndreyArshavin

Established Member
Zelalem could be in team for this.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10547979/Gedion-Zelalem-may-make-Arsenal-debut-against-Tottenham-in-FA-Cup-at-the-Emirates-Stadium.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... adium.html</a>

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
-------- Fabianski ---------
Jenkinson - Kos - TV5 - Nacho
---------- Flamini ---------
---- Rosicky - Zelalem ----
Gnabry --- Giroud --- Podolski

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom