• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup | Arsenal Vs Tottenham | 04/01/14 | 5:15 PM

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There is no secret to the way Sp**s will set up. They will try to close the space through the centre and expose our frailties on the wings via the counter. Our left side is our weakest defensively and with Lennon and Walker, their strongest.

Wenger must NOT play Cazorla on the wing.

arsmile

Established Member
So giroud is fit but ill.....we are having a concerning number of illnesses this season...I worry about what is getting passed around at the training ground

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Godwin1 said:
fabo said:
Adebayor is an overrated wankstain who is a game away from returning to his usual form, just as soon as the new manager novelty wears off. They have a ******* amateur in charge aswell

Reading the Sp**s site is funny though - plenty of 'COYS' chest-thumping, talking about de-railing our season and the like.......:lol:

Don't disagree with you there mate, but when he can be bothered to bring it he's a real threat.

Has a decent record against us too. Adebayor is many things, but overrated is not one.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Wenger will put out a strong side for this. I have a feeling he will play Walcott as a CF, mainly because it is a better option than Podolski as CF. Also I think Podolski is best suited behind the CF, that's where he scores his goals from.

-------------Szcz

Sagna----Mert----Kos----Monreal

-------Zelalem-----Flamini

Wilshere----Podolski----Cazorla

------------Walcott

MaestroCesc

Why are people putting Flamini in their teams with Zelalem ffs? We want our strongest team so Jack and Arteta... Going out of the cup to this lot will be more harmful then a few players tired...

This is a bigger game than AVL, if AW wants to play Zelalemn, I would prefer he did it v AVL.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
MaestroCesc said:
Why are people putting Flamini in their teams with Zelalem ffs? We want our strongest team so Jack and Arteta... Going out of the cup to this lot will be more harmful then a few players tired...

This is a bigger game than AVL, if AW wants to play Zelalemn, I would prefer he did it v AVL.
Arteta-Wilshere doesn't work though, based on previous matches last season. Although Wilshere was more disciplined v Newcastle next to Flamini.

coopsollini

MaestroCesc said:

I would rather have 3 points in the league than win this. Still people are quoting pretty weak teams and there is no need for that.

Woj,

Sagna, Merte, Kos, Monreal

Flamini Wilshere

Cazorla

Rosicky, Walcott, Pod

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Jesus Christ no Zelalem please, he's a big talent but he can't be starting a game like this. People complain about Jack's defensive contribution from midfield imagine Zelalem in there, the guy looks about 8 stone. I'd say have him on the bench and bring him on for an attacking midfielder if we're comfortable, then he'd have less defensive responsibility.

My choice would be Jack and Flamini in midfield, unless AW wants a Flamteta midfield in which case I'd have Jack attacking midfield like against Cardiff.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Players that are available
GK - Szczesny, Fabianski, Viviano
FB - Sagna, Monreal, Jenkinson
CB - Koscielny, Mertesacker, Vermaelen
CM - Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Rosicky, Özil, Zelalem
RW/LW - Cazorla, Walcott, Podolski, Gnabry
ST - Akpom 8))
no idea what team Wenger will put out, he can give important players a rest and play the likes of Gnabry and Jenkinson (maybe Zelalem) or he can play the best XI.
If any important player is in the "Red zone" then he should not be risked, league is more important than the FA cup.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
redwhiteAustrian said:
We should play the strongest possible eleven, and beat these mugs. I fully trust our players to put the required shift in which will see us beating them, I've got absolutely no doubt about that.

No doubt in my mind that Arsène will not want to throw this game-Sp*rs @ The Emirates in The FA Cup is not a game he, we and the players want to lose.

Fabianski

Sagna-Mert-Koz/TV5-Monreal

Arteta/Flamini-Rosicky

Walcott/Gnabry - Wilshere/Cazorla - Cazorla/Podolski

Podolski/Walcott

Can't ever see Zelalem starting this game-he'll be on the bench but no way in hell he's starting.

Long time since I've posted so All the very best to all you Gooners for 2014-hopefully we'll all celebrate some major silverware come May!

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
jmsmtthw28 said:
ST - Akpom 8))
no idea what team Wenger will put out, he can give important players a rest and play the likes of Gnabry and Jenkinson (maybe Zelalem) or he can play the best XI.
If any important player is in the "Red zone" then he should not be risked, league is more important than the FA cup.
Ramsey isn't available and Özil's a doubt, and you've forgotten Wilshere and Miyaichi.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
SiMamu said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
ST - Akpom 8))
Ramsey and Özil aren't available and you've forgotten Wilshere.
Özil is back in training and just swap Ramsey with Wilshere

DanielVale

DJ_Markstar said:
Jasard said:
I hope we don't see Fabianski and Jenkinson but think we will. Eeek.

This isnt the league cup, no need to rest half the team...

The old "I haven't seen Jenkinson play for a few days, therefore he's terrible" routine. This gets boring.

DanielVale said:
A win. That is all.

OMG get Wengz on the blower straight away! This is tactical genius.

You and big dawg Wengz on nickname terms now?

It's also called....wait for it...

A result.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
MaestroCesc said:

You obviously don't rate Flamini as highly as I do. Also if Walcott plays as CF, (the only other option is Poldi and that never works) then Wilshere will have to play further forward. We also know that Flamini/Arteta doesn't work, so that is why I have put Zalalem next to Flamini. We still have a lot of players out, so Wenger will have to do something different for this game.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Wenger's said in his pressa today that's he's treating this like a league game-expect a few changes but not wholesale changes. Our much maligned squad depth coming to the fore again.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
No idea why we'd be resting players for this? We need to be gathering momentum, not putting the brakes on.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
caz, theo, bac and merts have started our last 3 games - 26th, 29th and the 1st. they have got to be in the proverbial red.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
I don't think we can rest Mert or Bac, you're talking about two of our most important players who don't have the strongest backup to fill in. Santi can be given a rest, we have plenty of competent backup to play attacking midfield and if Özil comes in that's the problem solved there and then. If we had fit strikers I wouldn't have a problem resting Theo either - Bring in Pod and do a bit of re-arranging, it looks like Theo will have to play up front though.

Wouterus

We aren't resting anyone I think, we already have Özil, Gibbs, Ramsey, Giroud and Bendtner out who whould all start if they were fit. We have 9 days until the next game anyway after this one. Podolski will most likely start up front. He is not great there, but starting Akpom over him is madness, this is not the Emirates Cup.

Rosicky was on the bench against Cardiff, I expect him to start, which means one of Flamini/Arteta/Cazorla/Wilshere will be "rested".

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom