FA Cup Final: Arsenal v Aston Villa - 30/5/15, 17:30 - BT Sport

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Proof, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

Ah lads, Community Shield is not a trophy. Glorified friendly, always has been.

2. SuperGoon

SuperGoon Debbie Downer

Pffft, still don't want Chelsea to get their hands on it.

Gooner Zig likes this.
  3. Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Dennis_Bergkamp_10 Well-Known Member

Agree, we can't let those ****s win it. Even if it's a glorified friendly.

On another note, have we or the media congratulated Gerrard with his birthday already? Must have been a great feeling, knowing that he could celebrate with family and friends instead of being raped at Wembley.

4. Hunta

Hunta NOT In A Caravan Trusted

It is if we lose against Chelsea, if we win it's on par with winning Seria A.

5. Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike Member

6. Natnat

Natnat Active Member Elite

I was not there but 2 of my sons were there.
    I was in Dorset,one of my friends is a Villa fan and we teased each other by saying durring the game we are not friends:D
    Hubby was at home watching the match on the telly

7. SA Gunner

SA Gunner Prediction Pool King Trusted

Thank you fabo.

Community shield is nonsense, all its good for is to balance out the FA Cup in our next team photo.

8. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Candidate for post of the year and best avatar

9. Plutarch

Plutarch Well-Known Member

I don't really regard the Community Shield as a proper trophy, but isn't it exactly the same as the Spanish Super Cup? (Supercopa de EspaƱa)
    I have heard people talking about the winners of that as if they've won a trophy.

redanddread likes this.
  10. yybecause

yybecause Formerly known as ArsenaLover

Shield is nothing but a good game to mark a new season. Not a trophy at all

11. arsenalfan4ever

arsenalfan4ever Active Member

You can call it nonsense all you want, the fact is, it is counted towards overall trophies won. So yes, I want us to win it. Chelsea or not.

SuperGoon and Le Professeur like this.
  12. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

We all want to win it, but it's not a trophy. Only losers count it - I recall Mancini doing so, knew he was scraping the barrel at that stage.

13. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

People underestimate the power of the community shield match when you enter the match via winning the FA Cup. It means you face the league leaders. It also means that it has a huge psychological effect on your players regarding big games vs that opposition. Would we have been so confident vs Man City had we not beaten them so convincingly in the community shield?

If we were to do the same vs Chelsea, Mourinho would play it down like many of you are on here absolutely. However, it would have a psychological effect on the players when the league game comes around. I think its very important we try to win it. Regardless of how small the boost is, it is worth it vs Chelsea.

SuperGoon and redanddread like this.
  14. CurryFlavoured

CurryFlavoured Well-Known Member

We started the season terribly after looking great against City in the Community Shield last season. It really doesn't mean anything.

15. clockwork orange

clockwork orange Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy" Elite

To me it means nothing either, but this time we have a great chance of beating Mourinho. If we don't it isn't much of a problem, but if we do it's a key psychological victory.

SuperGoon and redanddread like this.
  16. Mastadon

Mastadon Well-Known Member

Goes into the trophy cabinet doesn't it? Fills up space a hell of a lot better than the Emirates cup does anyway.

SuperGoon likes this.
  17. grim_tales1

grim_tales1 Active Member

I dont see why Community Shield doesnt count. Not nearly as good as the FA Cup obv. but its still something to win.

SuperGoon likes this.
  18. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Winner of the PL vs. Winner of the FA Cup. Kinnddddd of a big deal. Technically we've had a lovely double winning season :).

Iceman10, SuperGoon and redanddread like this.
  19. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

Against Maureen and his girls..........would love to win this & it keeps that winning feeling going. The lads looked pretty chuffed to win it last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. redanddread

redanddread The stone that the builders refuse

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.