• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FA Cup: Man Utd v Arsenal, 09/03/15, 19:45, BBC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Past experiences shouldn't lead to defeatism, only to lessons learned. We're playing mad man Van Gaal's United. They've been all over the place and riding their luck.

We only have to believe, be composed and mature, and punish their mistakes.

Wembley here we come!

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
When I heard the "Wemberleey!!" chants yesterday midway through the second half, I thought how is it possible that so many seemed to have forgotten how 90% of our games at OT pan out.

We've been waiting so long for "their luck to run out", but it doesn't seem to, going by recent performances/results. Why should that change now? I'd be surprised if we reached the Semis, honestly. Ferguson, Moyes, van Gaal....it doesn't matter, we've not performed well enough at OT, or as a whole recently, for nearly a decade.

clockwork orange

It does matter we're not playing Fungus' Utd.

Other clubs finally got a win at OT for the first time in ages. This is exactly the right moment to play them.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
We said that last season too, when we faced them at OT after having beaten Dortmund away. Then we managed to lose, against a ****ing Moyes team. Nearly did the same at home, if it wasn't for a brilliant Szczesny save.

And the game against van Gaal's ManUre at the Emirates earlier this season was a complete catastrophe.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Yeah, hard to be optimistic about this.

We'll get screwed over one way or another.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
-------------Szczesny
Bellerin-Chambers-Koscielny-Gibbs
----------Couelin-Ramsey
Walcott--------Özil--------Alexis
--------------Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Monreal, Mertesacker, Cazorla, Rosicky, Chamberlain, Welbeck

clockwork orange

Vinci said:
Yeah, hard to be optimistic about this.

We'll get screwed over one way or another.
The refereeing is my main worry. Not as much as in the Fungus era, he really had the refs in his pocket.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
There are a couple of games left this season that can really be the making of this Arsenal team and this is one of them. No denying we've been crap against UTD. for close to a decade now-knowing how to beat The Arsenal seems to run through their DNA unfortunately. Thankfully, SAFungus is no longer around as he most definitely knew how to beat latter day Arsenal.

A team as good as ours cannot go so long without beating UTD. and eventually the quality in our play will tell. Much like how we always used to beat Chelsea & Sp*rs when we were much the better team but started to falter against them once the quality in their respective teams improved, so I see it against UTD.

This is as much a test of our famed "mental strength" as anything. If we can overcome the mental hurdles then we have a great chance to get a positive result.

It's imperative that we don't lose at OT and imperative for the growth of this team to beat UTD. in this tie.

Beating Chelsea & UTD. are the two hurdles that this current team need to do to prove to themselves they can compete with & beat the best.

One thing for sure is the atmosphere will be hostile and UTD. will be up for this.

Past history makes me understandably pessimistic but I'm an optimist at heart and hope that this team can fuel it's growth and get the required result that could mean so much to Wenger & his team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'm sure we will find a way to make Di Maria look world class again and let Falcao score a goal or 2.

Seriously i'm very positive sometimes but against these c**ts i just expect us to lose we always struggle against them i don't know why it just football gods will not let us to win against them the game at emirates this season just proves me that.

Scezcney

Chambers Kosh Mertesacker Monreal

Ramsey Coqulien

Walcott Cazorla Alexis

Giroud

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Think we'll be up for this. ManUre are average as anything, we're bang in form and defending the pot that we won so dramatically last season.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

clockwork orange said:
Past experiences shouldn't lead to defeatism, only to lessons learned. We're playing mad man Van Gaal's United. They've been all over the place and riding their luck.

We only have to believe, be composed and mature, and punish their mistakes.

Wembley here we come!

Spot on clock.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Szczesny; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Ramsey, Coquelin; Chamberlain, Cazorla, Alexis; Özil.

False nine time!

Sit back and hit them on the break.

chessygoal

We have to break our OT curse.
Winning on monday is the best way to prepare what might be a crucial game at the end of the season.

chessygoal

THunter said:
Szczesny; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Ramsey, Coquelin; Chamberlain, Cazorla, Alexis; Özil.

False nine time!

Sit back and hit them on the break.
We need Giroud to defend set pieces and trouble Smalling/Evans.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Hope we keep our OT insecurities in check this weekend. I expect the same 11 with Ramsey in for Rosicky.

florentp

Unfortunately, with Gabriel injury Wenger won't play Bellerin-Chambers-Koscielny-Gibbs. We won't beat United with mertesacker starting. That's too bad.

Le Professeur

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Think we'll be up for this. ManUre are average as anything, we're bang in form and defending the pot that we won so dramatically last season.

Result-wise maybe, our level of play has been anything but great lately.

We've been overdue a big result against this lot for so long I'm not sure it'll ever come anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom