• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FM 2012

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Dortmund will be fun to manage. I like to play with a team full of potential, operating on a tight budget and considered as an underdog.

I'll also give it a go with some midtable club from Serie A, probably Palermo or Udinese.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Anzac said:
Do you play the midfield vertical as in a 4-1-1-3-1?
If so how do you go for coverage & width so the midfield doesn't get by-passed?
Does your AM play the support role to assist in defence?
Or do you keep the FBs on defend rather than support duty?
Does your CF play as deep forward & in a support or attack role?

Just asking as I've used all those roles in other configurations,
but not anything that's been so vertical through the middle.
I don't know, I just experimented and that formation is the best suited to accommodate all the best players I have. I tried a few matches and tweak roles all round to get to that formation, which is very successful for me. My CF plays as attack, all the front 4 plays pure attack. My anchorman and BPD plays pure defend, while the remaining 3 players plays support.

Beksl said:
You don't need two BPDs IMO, BPD is excelling alongside a covering defender and you have a perfect candidate in Per for that.
I tried that and it didn't work out for me for some reason. 2 BPD helps me keep possession and build attacks fantastically.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
redwhiteAustrian said:
Is that you, Arsène?

Was thinking the same way as soon as I wrote it. It scary what years of supporting Arsenal can do to you :D

Anzac

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
So apart from Arsenal what clubs will you guys be managing first? Think i'll go for Juventus or Bayern.

Since I've started managing AFC I've struggled to get going & finish a season, so I'm thinking of NOT managing us (although it is VERY tempting with the need to rebuild & change the style etc).
Never managed outside England but think I'll take a look at the following:
Serie A - Juve;
Ligue 1 - PSG;
Bundesliga - Dortmund;
England - Luton; Bradford/Bristol R; Sheff Utd/Charlton; Leeds/Bristol C/M'bro/Hull/Blackpool; Wolves/WBA/Rovers/Sunderland/NUFC.

Gives me plenty of options to consider - lol.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Hulk is a beast in this game, keeps scoring and assisting every match. Far better than other options on the wings like Hazard, Gotze or Kagawa.

A little too easy for me at the moment, keeps winning 4 or 5 nil every match

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Anzac said:
Since I've started managing AFC I've struggled to get going & finish a season, so I'm thinking of NOT managing us (although it is VERY tempting with the need to rebuild & change the style etc).
Serie A - Juve;
Ligue 1 - PSG;
Bundesliga - Dortmund;
England - Luton; Bradford/Bristol R; Sheff Utd/Charlton; Leeds/Bristol C/M'bro/Hull/Blackpool; Wolves/WBA/Rovers/Sunderland/NUFC.

I never enjoy playing as Arsenal for some reason, i think its that i know the team and the league too well so when weird stuff happens i get pi**ed off.

Strangely i have never really given a Leeds/Hull type team a go. Always mean to take a club from nowhere to the top but just have never gotten round to it. Might do it this time round though. Just need to get a new laptop first before i get FM 12.

Anzac

Established Member
Armor for Sleep said:
Anzac said:
Serie A - Juve;
Ligue 1 - PSG;
Bundesliga - Dortmund;

I never enjoy playing as Arsenal for some reason, i think its that i know the team and the league too well so when weird stuff happens i get pi**ed off.

Strangely i have never really given a Leeds/Hull type team a go. Always mean to take a club from nowhere to the top but just have never gotten round to it. Might do it this time round though. Just need to get a new laptop first before i get FM 12.

Best run I've had was taking Hull from 4th Div to 2nd Div in successive seasons, and then getting poached by S'hampton in pre-season to take them to the top of the league, and then again by LFC after they sacked GH.

It depends on what you want from the game - I've looked to cover the biggest options in each div from Blue Square up. The potential supporter base for Bradford, Bristol, Hull, Sheffield is 2nd to none so far as potential for growth goes. They also lack a LOT of competition for that supporter base.

Jbruin

Established Member
Want to get this, just gotta get a new computer first, yes my PC is so **** it can't run this years FM.

Anyone care to screen shot some pics of Coquelin, Wilshere, Frimpong and Arteta's stats for me?

Anzac

Established Member
The previous game had a breakdown of how many staff of different types you could have when you went to The Boardroom. I can't see this now = any ideas?

Problem solved - sort of = it's still there but I can't see it when playing in windowed mode.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Coq will be absolutely brilliant in the game, Frimpong not so.

I took a steal at their potential ability stats. Ramsey is rated higher than Wilshere too

Anzac

Established Member
Can the game be loaded & played without Steam once it has been activated?

I'm getting a message saying that the game is unavailable & to try later & have been getting the message for over 4 hours.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Beksl said:
You have to have Steam installed at all times.

Seriously thats a load of bollocks. There must be a way round it surely...or else if you have no net connection you can't play the game?!

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Armor for Sleep said:
Beksl said:
You have to have Steam installed at all times.

Seriously thats a load of bollocks. There must be a way round it surely...or else if you have no net connection you can't play the game?!

Well, if you can pay 40 quids for a game you surely have 24/7 net connection available?

I think you can play off-line with a cracked version.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
OK now i'm pi**ed off.

So i decided i'd pick Barca. Shameful i know but i said it would be a nice easy start, i wouldn't need to buy anyone and could just bring through a few youngsters. I spent about an hour signing staff, adding players to the shortlist, tweaking tactics etc. Then next thing i know some error thing pops up and says the game has to close down, which it does only for Steam to immediately start installing something.

JUST LET ME PLAY THE FUC*ING GAME!!

Needless to say i hadn't saved it but luckily i hadn't played any games as i'm only starting out and i should be able to catch up quickly as i remember what things i had changed. Bloody annoying though and if it becomes a regular occurence then i'm bringing it back to the store.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom