• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FM 2012

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Which version do you have? Try updating your game to 12.0.3 version.

I'm playing with Dortmund and I must say they have some wonderful players and a couple of very promising youngsters. The only problem is, I have almost zero transfer budget and can't strengthen certain areas.

Have you guys spotted any cheap wonderkids/talents in the game?

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
I have the updated version i presume seeing as Steam downloads it automatically.

The same thing happened my friend too on the final day of the season and almost cost him the league title. He says now he can't log in today and that according to twitter others are having the same problems.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
It sounds to me like Steam is the problem not the actual game. They'll probably fixed it up in a matter of hours.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Started out as Napoli manager in my game and the Italian league is a piece of piss. I signed Moussa Sow, Bocchetti, Yanga Mbiwa, Felipe Anderson, Palombo, Mulumbu, M'bengue, Eriksen and won the Serie A title and Italian Cup.

Then In my Second Season I signed Courtois, Santon, Vertonghen, Muschaccio, Pjanic, Marvin, Paloschi and did the domestic double again and got to the Champions League final but got thumped 4-1 by Leverkusen.

Jbruin

Established Member
New draft going on if anyone's interested.

The criteria for this draft is:

A 90-00 draft but with a twist, say before each pick a league is randomly selected and you have to pick your player based on that league.

So its based on EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue 1 and Other, so pick from a league other than those ones such as Eredivise, Portuguese league, Turkish league etc. Read the forum and look through the current draft that's being voted on and it's pretty self explanatory, any questions just join the IRC chat channel and Me, Shue, Nuts or any others will explain.

Let me know if you want in.

<a class="postlink" href="http://footballdraft.proboards.com/index.cgi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://footballdraft.proboards.com/index.cgi</a>

Link btw.

Register with the same username you have on here.

entropy13

Established Member
That's got to be one of my best AND worst starts in a FM game.

5-0 v. Everton
4-0 v. Rubin
4-0 v. Norwich

Now those scores alone shows why it's the "best", but there are some details that had it as the "worst."

5-0 v. Everton (Sagna got knock although it didn't end up as a worse injury)
4-0 v. Rubin (Montolivo injured after just 8 mins - 4 weeks, Song sent off 54th min)
4-0 v. Norwich (Vermaelen sent off 62nd min)

entropy13

Established Member
There was a lot of nail-biters in just my first season! :lol:
League games:
5-5 at Fulham (2-1 Arsenal at HT)
4-3 at QPR (2-2 at HT) - the home game was a record 11-0 win though
7-4 at Liverpool (2-2 at HT)

League Cup:
(Qtr Final)
4-3 at West Brom (3-0 Arsenal at HT)
(Final)
3-2 v. Tottenham (1-1 at HT)

Here's a screenshot of the overview for the 5-5 Fulham match:
Qg8oG.jpg

entropy13

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Incredible game.

I take it you meant FM2012 as the game?

Since there's nothing incredible for someone letting a 4-goal lead evaporate. :lol:

4ehj3.jpg

Just won the CL, outplayed Barcelona, Messi and Villa only scored after RVP got sent off for a second yellow (he was already banned for the next match because of the first). :lol:

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Starting team? Will try and get into this in a couple of weeks when i have more time. How do you guys have so many players - are you basically running all the crap leagues such as Scandinavia and Ireland etc? Does it not slow the game down?

By the way you lost a 5 goal lead entropy :lol:

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
:lol:

Just won the community shield for the 2013 season. 1-1 against Manure which led to penos. Szczesny won with the 11th penalty. Funny everytime they missed and we have a chance to win we missed too

entropy13

Established Member
Losing a 5-goal lead against Fulham is just a small sacrifice to winning the quadruple (3-2 v. Tottenham - League Cup, 4-0 v. Derby FA Cup, 4-2 v. Barcelonna - CL, P38 W31 D7 L0 100Pts - EPL).

David Smith

Established Member
I downloaded someone else's tactics that let me have an average of 65% possession in a match, overwhelming number of (successful) passes, the quadruple and invincible in all comps. But I deleted it. I find it boring if it's not something I make myself.

Anzac

Established Member
Lol - I'm mainly still playing around in pre-season trying to get my assymetric 4231 working.
Finding it difficult to get the opposition instructions right so as to provide coverage.
Also looking to get the right roles for my midfield & forwards to balance - playing as Anchorman, DLP & AM, with a winger & IF supporting a lone striker.
Sometimes it still morphs into a 424 / 5-5 if I either:
play the DM as DLP;
play the CM as B2B;
play the AMC as Advanced Playmaker or AM in an attacking mentality.

Having said that it can be a joy to watch on the ball either tearing it up through the middle with 1 touch passing, or seeing driving runs either down the flanks or cutting inside.

entropy13

Established Member
Your tactics and formation suck Anzac.

LOL :lol:

I'm sticking with my 4-2-4 and I'm still unbeaten. I don't have the best defense, yes that would be a given, but I'm still in the top 5 best defenses in the league.

Anzac

Established Member
Think I'm going to revisit my Malaga game with the assymetric 4231,
maybe then I'll stop 2nd guessing myself as AFC.

entropy13

Established Member
Dec 30 2012 - Tried offering a new contract to Vermaelen, agent says client not interested
Dec 31 2012 - Real Madrid offered him a contract
Jan 1 2013 - Transfer listed him; offered to several clubs
Jan 2 2013 - Was unhappy about getting transfer listed and wants to stay with the club; STILL cannot offer a new contract
Jan 3 2013 - Accepted offers from Juventus, FC Bayern and Sevilla
Jan 10 2013 - Vermaelen transfered to Juventus

This has got to be a WTF moment. A very big WTF moment.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom