• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He's in poor form and counting down his deal too, so how is that moronic? :lol: Really no different other than the fact that Eddie has an extra year on his deal. Sold for peanuts or free? It's a wash anyway, cba. The principle remains the same.

The club had to sell our best keep for funds, but sure being able to add any fee Nketiah could add is nothing.

Balogun is gone, stop crying about it. We have still have others prospects in Martinelli and John Jules.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

The club had to sell our best keep for funds, but sure being able to add any fee Nketiah could add is nothing.

Balogun is gone, stop crying about it. We have still have others prospects in Martinelli and John Jules.
For funds? Yeah mate, definitely that brought a war chest didn't it? Each of those players listed above are worth more than 10x the fees. Your daft logic is the same reason why we're miles off the Dortmund's and the other clubs who manage their youth and loan systems along with contract management appropriately.

Same logic to Barca not wanting Alphonso Davies, hey we have other prospects right. :lol:

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Oh and I will keep crying about talented youngsters not being given a chance in our worst side in 4 decades.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
For funds? Yeah mate, definitely that brought a war chest didn't it? Each of those players listed above are worth more than 10x the fees. Your daft logic is the same reason why we're miles off the Dortmund's and the other clubs who manage their youth and loan systems along with contract management appropriately.

Same logic to Barca not wanting Alphonso Davies, hey we have other prospects right. :lol:

You probably find it daft because you’re trying to apply your own ****ed logic to it.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Not a good situation, but the fact we still have a chance is a good one.

Lacazette should be leaving in the summer, Eddie is what Eddie is, and Martinelli sees himself as more of a winger.

There's plenty of room for him here, even more so if he gets played and does well in cup games, etc.

In two years time he could be a permanent fixture in our starting XI.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Why you overrating this kid acting like he is martinelli level of talent. That kid is a future nr 9 in our team. You basically advocating the club gives an unproven 19 year old huge deal. We really need to stop overrating these kids. Hell Moller who is from my home club seem to do well in the u23 and he wasn’t even amazing in Sweden. The level of the u23 is very low

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Why you overrating this kid acting like he is martinelli level of talent. That kid is a future nr 9 in our team. You basically advocating the club gives an unproven 19 year old huge deal. We really need to stop overrating these kids. Hell Moller who is from my home club seem to do well in the u23 and he wasn’t even amazing in Sweden. The level of the u23 is very low
Id rather keep this lad over laca, Gabi is the best talent at the club though i agree.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not a good situation, but the fact we still have a chance is a good one.

Lacazette should be leaving in the summer, Eddie is what Eddie is, and Martinelli sees himself as more of a winger.

There's plenty of room for him here, even more so if he gets played and does well in cup games, etc.

In two years time he could be a permanent fixture in our starting XI.

I would have thought that if we ever played with two strikers, Balogun and Eddie would complement each other rather well?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I would have thought that if we ever played with two strikers, Balogun and Eddie would complement each other rather well?

Honestly I don't know, thats a question better posed to mutable.

I think eddie for sure would benefit from someone being the focal pint and him being the tap in machine.

Either way, I think Nketiah will be moved on along with some other Hale end lads in the next 18 or so months, which leads to Balogun having a clear path to being a regular.

African Flair

Rather pay big money to talented homegrown kids than extreme money for washed up bums. We need guys like Balogun to hold onto some kind of hope and sanity.

Last edited:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Random thought but I imagine if he is thinking he could go overseas Brexit will have an impact on that and make it more difficult than it was for Sancho, Billingham, Hickey etc.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Rather pay big money to talented homegrown kids than extreme money for washed up bums. We need guys like Balogun to hold onto some kind of hope and sanity.
That’s stupid logic. Paying lesser players more because they younger and English is dumb as hell. We had JET, Akpom, Sanchez Wyatt, Nketiah and Arsenal fans swore they were the next big thing. Just jumping to the next English guy. Next year there will be a new one. None of these kids are close to bendtners level and laca is far better than this kid. Our fans never learn hence we are laughing stock

Let's play Aubamawang

I'm hoping that being given some opportunities by Arteta will convince him to stay, but even if we lost him and Nelson, the biggest travesty will always be how on earth Donyell Malen never even got a look in. How we let a talent like that go beggars belief.

African Flair

That’s stupid logic. Paying lesser players more because they younger and English is dumb as hell. We had JET, Akpom, Sanchez Wyatt, Nketiah and Arsenal fans swore they were the next big thing. Just jumping to the next English guy. Next year there will be a new one. None of these kids are close to bendtners level and laca is far better than this kid. Our fans never learn hence we are laughing stock
First of that wasn't what I said. Secondly, with your logic our best player wouldn't be here since he actually could be the next Sanchez Watt.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

First of that wasn't what I said. Secondly, with your logic our best player wouldn't be here since he actually could be the next Sanchez Watt.
I have seen nothing that indicates this guy is some wonder kid. People acting like he is Greenwood level talent. We have two top youngsters and they are saka and martinelli. That in itself is great. Very few teams has more than two players below 20 who people see as world class talents. But listening to Arsenal fans you would think we have 6-7. Chelsea has only Gilmore and their kids are way better than us

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mentioned before that my brother went to school with him, still in contact with him through a a friend and it’s not looking good wrt to him staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom