• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Ajax vs Arsenal | 01/08/04

Adam

Established Member
Lower back problems really hamper your running and fitness. Not a very nice one to have in Pre-season when you have to do the running to get fit.

As you say, it opens the door for Jermaine to capitalize on his lack of form and fitness.....

Double_H

Established Member
What a Match...
Reyes Freddie cole Toure Pires showed Magic Today

Ali ..well im starting 2 think he is Not our type of player he is another Jeffers :(

patrick42uk

Established Member
actually, aliadiere had a good moment. the knock down he received from bergkamp, his first touch which took him past two defenders as well as managing a shot from that tight situation was quite impressive.

Adam

Established Member
He was unlucky not to score with his movement. One shot was very close, and could of easily of gone in - and when it crosses the line, peoples attitudes change. He suddenly looks brilliant for the season!

kronik

How biased was that referee by the way?

That Ajax defender passed it back to 'Steken-something' and he cleared it of the line with his hand, Arsenal should have clearly had an indirect free kick on there goal line. :D

kazu

i like ali, he's always chasing the ball, forced the keeper into a hurried clearance as well... we just need to create more chances for him as he's more of a finisher than a playmaker... well, you can say that about jeffers too but you can see that jeffers has a big problem with his confidence... it's like he's not expecting to score while ali keeps on trying...

calvinngai88

You're right there kazu. Ali kept chasing the ball while Jeffers will just stand there, waiting for the ball to come, and when he lost the ball, he'll be upset at how the ball was passed to him, and loses another bit of confidence. Ali and Jeffers are more of those tap-in strikers, but Ali's trying to push himself out of the six-yard box and tries to supply some passes and crosses to initiate an attack.

Kristel

Jose_Reyes_2004 said:
Ajax do not deserve to win this tournament.

I cant believe how lucky they've been.

15 mins left.

:? Ajax Does deserve it the won againt Panthekos whit 3-2 the games was much better to watch than te boring game Arsenal-River plate

and The do Deserve to win whit great soccer playing againt Arsenal

VDV Who's has played amasing and Then Stekeleburg amasing goal keepr 8)

Kristel

kronik said:
How biased was that referee by the way?

That Ajax defender passed it back to 'Steken-something' and he cleared it of the line with his hand, Arsenal should have clearly had an indirect free kick on there goal line. :D

Maarten Stekeleburg

Kristel

Alexone234 said:
who cares who won it?

How was van Persie. Did he perform well with the big players?

can't really say that RVP didn't play that much

against Ajax I did't saw hem more then 3 times but start playing in the 78 min so :p .

Againt River plate he was good in the beginning , but later in the match he did't play that good anymore

but if I had to give hem a point it will be a 6.5

johe

Alexone234 said:
who cares who won it?

How was van Persie. Did he perform well with the big players?

Van Persie's technique is so stunning, he reminds me of Bergkamp in many ways. He didn't put a foot wrong in that game, and every touch he took just oozed of class, and I'm sure we'll have great use of him for years to come. The only thing I could say about him is that he doesn't move around alot, he's mostly just fixed in his position.

Isragooner

Yeah,he's got that 'Im gonna pass three players using only my head' thing like bergy...But still very young,he's got one year to learn from the master...

Bouchra

Robin is problably going to play his first game for the Dutch national team :D The new coach Marco van Basten (i love him already :) ) selected him for the friendly match against Sweden 18 August ;D
He's now in, how do you call that, a pre-selection, and some players have to drop out, but I'm almost sure Robin can stay :)

beanz

Mad Jens said:
beanz said:
I was talking to a gooner in the bar of the hotel I'm staying at in Amsterdam, ( The Bulldog, it rocks :mrgreen: ) he was at the game on Friday & thought the players were suffering from th e very hot & humid conditions in the stadium, It's a bit cooler today so hope it's a better match. :mrgreen:

Isn't "The Bulldog" one of the marijuana bars? :p
They're all "coffee houses" where you can buy dope, weed, hash or any derivative of marijuana you care to think of, no hard drugs, although there are loads of guys on street corners asking for someone called "Charlie" ? :mrgreen:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I was really impressed with the way we played. We looked a league above Ajax, even with some of our best players missing. Reyes was outstanding and should have scored at least a couple. Cole was very impressive. His defending has got so much better and is now the complete full-back. Flamini looked good too, he's going to be a valuable asset for the club. Robin van persie has got a great touch and balance for a tall man. Kolo began where he left off last season. Pure class. Pires and Ljungberg also gave encouraging performances on their return. It was a joy to watch Reyes and Pires going on their very direct runs through the heart of the Ajax defence.
Rafael van der Vaart looked good for Ajax and their goalkeeper Stekelenburg had an absolutely wonderful game.

Stim

Sol Campbell, who needed him? Kolo was immense, his turn of pace is amazing, his strength is amazing, if Kolo keeps playing like this we wont miss Campbell at all.

Well all our attacking play came through Reyes and he was extremely unlucky not to put any away, although their keeper was having one of them games where nobody was going to score against him. That was also the case for Jens Lehmann, i was impressed with him, he must be concerned about keeping his place in the team with the purchase of Almunia, who doesn't look a bad keeper either.

Cole also, as usual, showed he is the best left back in the world. Nobody in the world can argue that. Going forward and defending there is nobody better. Real gem we have there. Also Hoyte over on the right didn't put a foot wrong and provided some attacking play down the right that Lauren often lacks and was defensively solid on most occassions, impressed me as this was the first time i've watched him properly.

In the middle Flamini was introduced, i thought he was a bit lost but certainly is a bright prospect once he finds his feet and a decent fitness level we could have some player here. As was already said about Gilberto aka Marmite, you either love him or hate him, he did well for me anyway.

All this at about a 60-70% fitness level, cant wait until they are 100%, which will probably a couple of games into the season, we should see the best football be played.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta
Top Bottom