• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Arsenal XI vs Ajax XI | 22/07/06

Ricky_AFC

Does anybody know why big Tony never turns up for testimonials and the like anymore?

I would of thought he would be at Dennis' match but still a no show.

Gurgen

Established Member
I missed this game as I was away for the weekend :(

My mate is bringing the tape tomorrow, can't wait. Looking forward to seeing all those legends again, I bet Overmars still molested some people.

koivu

What a night that was...my last night in London after living there for a few years.

I feel so lucky for having been able to get to the new stadium for a match before heading home!

Hollanda

Ricky_AFC said:
Does anybody know why big Tony never turns up for testimonials and the like anymore?

I would of thought he would be at Dennis' match but still a no show.

Yeah think I know why !!!

This year (13th of Januari of 2006) Tony Adams was getting a "stage" (looking in the "kitchen") of Fc Utrecht (was here for more then one week) was training with the first team watched some youngster teams etc. Tony said he wanted to be a coach and he wants to be a coach or assistant of a club in holland because he liked the dutch style and he doesn't like the presure and media in England (he doesn't like those gossip tabloid news papers and media).

So he want 2 coach a little club with no presure and that the people don't know him. I don't know why but suddenly he was away (thought something with his family) First he looked/worked a period at/with Feyenoord in Rotterdam (Think I have a picture somewhere of Tony Adams during the Training with Fc Utrecht, he was tackling some utrecht player haha). He doesn't want 2 be a new Gazza (a lot of media attention when he trained a club). Thought he is now a assistant coach of Pompey no ?

Yeah I realy think the media and tabloids are bad in england when you are a player or a coach (that's why Hiddink didn't go to chelsea and Philipe Scolari didn't wanted to be the national coach of England).

In the season 99/2000 utrecht coach Foeke Booy was allowed to look in Wenger's Arsenal "kitchen" for 10 days (Adams was playing at arsenal in that period so they know each other).

Link of Adams at Utrecht:

http://www.fc-utrecht.nl/actueel/nieuws ... recht.html

Gurgen

Established Member
Just watched it as I got the tape early.

Thought the first half was rather boring, but I was very impressed by Traore, who doesn't look 16 at all :lol:

Second half was great fun. Overmars was going past players all the time, he's still so pacy. Was great to see him in an Arsenal shirt, he really loves us and like Petit regrets going to Barca back then.

Best moments were Dennis making Rijkaard fall on his arse and Grimandi, that legend, taking out Davids. Shame the great man didn't score but it was a great sending off for him.

There's not much about Dennis that I can say that hasn't been said before. He is my favourite player of all time, a true legend of the game. His technique, composure, vision and unselfishness are an example to every footballer out there. Never have I seen such flair in a player and I don't think I ever will again. His football was an artform.

It was time for him to go, but deep down I feel very sad that Dennis Bergkamp will never play football again.

Hollanda

Picture of the fight/battle of Van Persie with the Hooligans

Modedit: Enough off topic. Take it to General Football, this is the Dennis Bergkamp testimonial thread.

AJAX Amsterdam

Enough off topic about the Dutch teams...This thread is about Dennis Bergkamp's testimonial

It's no coincedence that Dennis Bergkamp/ Arsenal invited Ajax at the testimonial, it's a great club, with a rich history (mostley good and some bad). Please lets talk about Bergkamp and his testimonial, I watched the testimonial and was impressed, so I wanted to learn something about the Arsenal history. This pissing contest (exucse my French) is why I've stopped reading the Dutch forums, bud I didn't expect it to find the same crap here.

Gurgen

Established Member
Stop posting crap in this thread you arseholes.

This is about Dennis, not Ajax, Utrecht or hooligans.

oranje1981

I not speak english! I make shift with english lexicon...sorry!!
I'm Endre from Hungary. I'm Arsenal fan long since...
Dennis give many nice moments for me, in Oranje, in Arsenal.
I have many Arsenal and Bergkamp souvenir.
My son(Dennis) birth day 22.07.2006. :D

You are very lucky people... I see simply on TV every Arsenal premier league match,but Arsenal-Ajax hungarian sportTV not telecast. I'd like a "link" this match overall. Please help me anybody.

Thank for you, THANK DENNIS!!!

(awfully sorry my english language :eek:ops: :eek:ops: )

Hollanda

henrypupil said:
do you guys think gio is a legend?

He played with the legends so I think yes.
Is a good left winger of leftback but not a real defender so he is only usefull when you want to play atacking dominant football (like arsenal, orange, barca) but if the team is under presure by a better team then he isn't the best defender of the world. He isn't a Maldini who can play atacking football and also defend as the best.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom