• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Arsenal XI vs Ajax XI | 22/07/06

Gooner for 60 years

Thai Gunner said:
Gooner for 59 years said:
Gio (and Glen Helder) are both Dutch ex Arsenal players.

Gooner for 59 years, so you have to change your login name every year? That's kind of annoying imo. :D

Special dispensation from the web master! He does it for me. Golden jubilee next year...touch wood!...and I'll probably still be a "Junior Gooner"! :roll:

Viper

Established Member
They're Reeboks.

81482_U774P6T12D2358029F44DT20060724125234_529lo.jpg

Not lot to add to what has been said.
The PA system is better.
I guess it was nice of that spud even though he playedfor Ajax to come to Ashbuton for Dennis Testimonial.
To be in same stadium,as all greats is fantastic.
I hope one day Dennis will come back to us maybe to help to train our future footballers.

Mulberry21

Number8 said:
I was joking, it just looks to me that those boots are drenched in tipex, quite fugly looking.
They are fugly looking, indeed. And clunky. Combined with the white socks, they remind me of ice skates (you know, when figure skaters wear same colour pants and skates). Not pretty.

And Overmars most definitely still has it. You could believe he was still an active player.

Hollanda

seb_afc said:
gunnerturk said:
Legend#1 said:
Overmars still had it :worthy

Yeap, he still has it, it was mesmerising to watch him.

tell you who does still have it is van basten. some nice tidy touches he had!

Yeah but he still trains on a very high level with the dutch internationals when he is training them. A pittie Bergkamp was stoped as an International before else they could play together in one team :) on the training. But Bergkamp wanted 2 play in the World Cup in Germany (he had 2 tell it earlier to Van Basten because now he was 2 late).

Think the best Tournament of Bergkamp was the Euro 92 in Sweden. What a team we got then Bergkamp the young master, gullit, van basten, rijkaard (best player of the tournament with Bergie), koeman wow.

All the defenders where watching Van Basten (came back from an injur.) but they realy had 2 watch Bergkamp because he scored all the goals with rijkaard hehe. Van Basten was defended that good that he didn't score a goal that toernament (even missed the last penalty against Peter S. from Danmark) but Bergie got wings and played smart and good around van basten and profited of all the room he got because 2 defenders where all the time guarding van Basten.

Van Basten still wants 2 win from the young players. There was a photo of him tackling Robben realy hard haha (so the coach wants 2 injure his own players hehe).

gunnerturk

Hollanda mate why don't you start a seperate topic about our dutch heroes as you have got lots of interesting informations about their early days as well as current what is going on. I and surely many others would be interested to know and participate in it. Hope you have time and the mods would approve. :)

Hollanda

gunnerturk said:
Hollanda mate why don't you start a seperate topic about our dutch heroes as you have got lots of interesting informations about their early days as well as current what is going on. I and surely many others would be interested to know and participate in it. Hope you have time and the mods would approve. :)

Yeah that's good mate (if I have some time) yeah I won't spoil the testimonial match anymore ;-) it's only for the one and only Bergie/The Ice Man/Renassaince Man/The Non Flying Dutchman/The Legend/Dennis is God etc. ;-) :) Dennis the Mennnnnace. Walking ...in the Denniss....etc. ;-).

KNVPersie

gunnerturk said:

I would absolutely love to read more about these stars.

It's sad to see Bergkamp go. I know he had his time, but the man is just a wonderful footballer.

gunnerturk

I feel so empty and weird thinking that he will never again play for us. Thank you for so many wonderfull years and lots of great goals Grand Master of football.
P.S. Come on Hollanda, waiting for you to start a thread on our Dutch Masters.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Yea i heard Bergkamp wanted to go to the world cup. Would have been great if he did. I'm sure Dennis would have done a Zidane as it would have been his last chance in football.

Would have been the best day of my life in terms of football if i saw Bergkamp lifting the World cup as captain of Holland.

Hollanda

>YounGunner< said:
Yea i heard Bergkamp wanted to go to the world cup. Would have been great if he did. I'm sure Dennis would have done a Zidane as it would have been his last chance in football.

Would have been the best day of my life in terms of football if i saw Bergkamp lifting the World cup as captain of Holland.

Yeah this week I think I will start a thread.
But Bergie wasn´t always a nice footballer ;-) he could play realy hard 2.
In the World Cup of 98 he was walking over a Yugoslavian player who was lying on the pitch. It had 2 be a super red/red/black card and a life time suspension hehe. Heard he got some red cards playing for Arsenal 2.

When I was younger people said that I looked like bergkamp (especialy when I was on a holliday in england and went 2 London with my girlfriend of that time). There's only one big difference hehe he could play football and I don't (I was only fast and played hard, even with indoor soccer/footsal/football the strikers of the oponent said "hey watch it it isn't rugby or normal football ;-) ). Was funny when I had 2 play a indoor soccer/football competition with my work my boss thought I was a techniqal player Like Bergie because I looked like him (he said that). He thought that because on a sporting day I chipped the ball once (think it was more luck than being good ;-) ) so this man was surprised that I couldn't play football (yeah more a outdoor wing player or a left or rightback defender because I was fast, only got a good free kick).

Ah only good part was that after injuring/hurt a lot of oponent I scored a nice goal (indoor) against a team where some players played who had played for the youth team of ajax (i was happy because i don't like ajax)...the funny part it was with my left legg, my right legg isn't good (Except with free kicks en cross balls) but my left legg is only for walking (not for playing football). If I had know it before the match that those arrogant oponents had played for ajax then I think I would have made a tackle on the indoor field/pitch ;-).

So I can play for arsenal as a look a like of him but the only thing you will see is that I am falling over the ball en hurting other players.

The real Bergkamp was magic to watch, my own play is the oposite of a dutch master, looks more like a butcher like materazzi ;-) !!!

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom