• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Red Bull Salzburg vs Arsenal | 25/07/07

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
HighburyHeroes said:
RockyRocastle said:
And the second is Eboue on the wing. If this if Wenger's solution to perhaps our biggest deficiency to say I am disappointed in him is an understatement.

If wenger is planning on using eboue on the wings, the worrying this is that he did not look convincing there at all...
Eboue has to adjust his mindset. When he plays as RB, Hleb often pulls opposition LB/LM to the center by cutting in with the ball. Thus Eboue has the time luxury to accelerate to his full speed by 30-yard surging forward, running into the space created by Hleb, and surprise opposition defense in the LB area.

Now as a RM, Eboue seems not know how to beat his nearest marker and sometime he doesn't have the space and time created by other teammates. Against Salzburg, he looked aggitated by Salzburg's constantly blocking and some fouls and got hot headed. He has to live with that, because that's the life of RM.

I still think he has great potential to play on the wing, but he has to adjust his play to his new assigned position. As a RM, Eboue will be constantly watched by nearest defender and the fullback behind him. Eboue just has to come up a new way to beat that new challenge.

HighburyHeroes

tactica442 said:
HighburyHeroes said:
RockyRocastle said:
And the second is Eboue on the wing. If this if Wenger's solution to perhaps our biggest deficiency to say I am disappointed in him is an understatement.

If wenger is planning on using eboue on the wings, the worrying this is that he did not look convincing there at all...
Eboue has to adjust his mindset. When he plays as RB, Hleb often pulls opposition LB/LM to the center by cutting in with the ball. Thus Eboue has the time luxury to accelerate to his full speed by 30-yard surging forward, running into the space created by Hleb, and surprise opposition defense in the LB area.

Now as a RM, Eboue seems not know how to beat his nearest marker and sometime he doesn't have the space and time created by other teammates. Against Salzburg, he looked aggitated by Salzburg's constantly blocking and some fouls and got hot headed. He has to live with that, because that's the life of RM.

I still think he has great potential to play on the wing, but he has to adjust his play to his new assigned position. As a RM, Eboue will be constantly watched by nearest defender and the fullback behind him. Eboue just has to come up a new way to beat that new challenge.

the thing is, eboue is not technically gifted. he relies on his pace to get around his man.
i believe he is best doing that at right back.

at RM, eboue cannot beat his marker as hleb can. he will not be able to use his pace as he does coming from the back.

i just woke up and ive got a massive headache, so if that doesnt make sense i apologize

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom