• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: Red Bull Salzburg vs Arsenal | 25/07/07

regele

Established Member
otfgoon said:
Romanian league is growing fast to be fair.
Yeh I know, I live there :wink:, but I think the champion team could barely give Arsenal a run for its money and they're at least half a step above the other top 4 teams.

True Gooner

Established Member
I think we can hope to see a pretty strong line-up. Those who havent played - ie Cesc, Eduardo, Gilberto ?, Senderos etc may start.
If their tough opposition then Id be happy that we're playing them, not aprehensive. After all, this is a friendly, make your mistakes now and try and learn from them. Having said that I hope we win 3-0 again

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
regele said:
otfgoon said:
Romanian league is growing fast to be fair.
Yeh I know, I live there :wink:, but I think the champion team could barely give Arsenal a run for its money and they're at least half a step above the other top 4 teams.
didnt their champion gave boro a shock during uefa cup a few years back?

the following year they also did quite well in the CL in a tough group

Allyboy

Established Member
We could get them in the CL qualifiers I think, that would be kind of ironic.,

If we do, expect us to win 7 nil on Wednesday, then lose 2-0 in the one that matters :wink:

M+D

Established Member
true gooner said:
I think we can hope to see a pretty strong line-up. Those who havent played - ie Cesc, Eduardo, Gilberto ?, Senderos etc may start.
If their tough opposition then Id be happy that we're playing them, not aprehensive. After all, this is a friendly, make your mistakes now and try and learn from them. Having said that I hope we win 3-0 again

Gilberto won't even start the first EPL game I believe, due to Copa America and the lack of pre-season training because of it.

regele

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
didnt their champion gave boro a shock during uefa cup a few years back?

the following year they also did quite well in the CL in a tough group
Yeah, that was last year(CL) and 2 years ago(UEFA cup semis), there's a different champion team now, wich is better imo and as ally said, we could meet them in our CL qualifier. They might give us a run for our money if we do, but eastern european teams usually don't rise to the challenge when their western counterparts come knocking, so if anything, I would be happy if we draw them, cause I'd get to see Arsenal live.
Edit: I think ally was talking about salzburg with the qualifier, but the rest still applies.

Nutsy

Established Member
Allyboy said:
We could get them in the CL qualifiers I think, that would be kind of ironic.,

If we do, expect us to win 7 nil on Wednesday, then lose 2-0 in the one that matters :wink:

Quite sad isn't it? Stories of our lives. :(

Sammer

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
arsenal_hleb said:
superb preview by nadz. great work there.

didnt know trapatonni took over them. guess this match is going to be competitive and more challenging than the previous 2.

Yeah he did. Signed for Salzburg in May 2006, Impressive of a manager if you asked me despite the much to say controversies and some flaws here and there, but after being out from tactician games for a few months and suddenly in his first season he won the Austrian Bundesliga. Winning atleast a trophy or two in season he manage a club for.

In my view, Trappatoni is a coach of the past and his past achievements should not detract from the fact, that his coaching style is tactically from the past.

Any half-decent coach would win the league with Salzburg - they are the only team in Austria with money back-up (Red-Bull Billionaire behind the team).

So basically we are playing the best team in Austria.. Their strength is probably like a mid to low table Bundesliga team.

The real benchmarks will be Inter, Ajax and PSG.

Nutsy

Established Member
That would make the Emirates Cup much more interesting then eh?

Admittedly, I have not followed the Austrian league much. I'm basing my opinions of the ones I've seen about them. and to be honest, they could give us some challenge.

Past or not, He may give us some surprises.

Sammer

Established Member
Gunners_Nadz said:
That would make the Emirates Cup much more interesting then eh?

Admittedly, I have not followed the Austrian league much. I'm basing my opinions of the ones I've seen about them. and to be honest, they could give us some challenge.

Past or not, He may give us some surprises.

The Austrian league is absolute sh*te. Salzburg is the only half-decent team. The state of football in Austria is pretty bad anyway.

Salzburg have a couple of decent players, many of whom are quite old though. If we play with our usualy pace, they should stand no chance.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i thought last time there was a few decent team in austria like sturm graz. don't know where they all went to

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
doesnt niko kovac play over their and i think thomas linke went back to bayern
anyway i just expect a win tbh, although it will be interesting to see which kit we're wearing.
from what i gather, the barac kit is our euro away, do we still wear the yellow one though?

M+D

Established Member
Has anyone else watched those pre-season training footage on ATVO?

Fabianski makes some good stops in the six-a-side games from the highlights they show. Other than that they're not really that interesting though I suppose.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing what team AW will start tonight. I'm guessing a stronger line-up tonight, with the players with not very many minutes so far in pre-season playing for longer tonight, and then we will probably see a weaker team against PSG on Saturday imo, and then a stronger team again against Inter on Sunday. But it's hard to tell for friendly games.

I would like to see Eduardo play from the start though.

Nutsy

Established Member
After months with Transfer Muppets linger around pissing us off and deprived of the red and white lads running on the field, ofcourse we tend to look forward for this game, albeit its just a friendly.

By the by , should I make a proper Match Thread for the Emirates Cup game of just post the thing in the existing Emirates Cup thread in Arsenal Talk?

Rest assured. It's no problem for me though.

This game is confirmed to play 1am my time. It's almost 9pm here and I'm off to bed for a mo. Going to be a good game, and I expect the lads will see this one through.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'm most interested to see whether or not Wenger plays Eboue as a RM - if he does, especially from the outset, that should tell us a lot as to whether or not he intends to replace Ljungberg.

Sammer

Established Member
Merida+Denilson said:
Has anyone else watched those pre-season training footage on ATVO?

I have. I thought Adebayor and Rosicky looked both immensely versatile and skillfull (especially Ade).

So nothing particularly new, but still interesting to watch.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom