• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: SK Schwadorf vs Arsenal | 31/07/06

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
ugen64 said:
seriously - Croatia isn't exactly a tiny country... Dinamo Zagreb isn't the only team in Croatia (Hajduk Split is just as big).

and anyway the sarcasm was obvious :)
is Hadjuk Split the team that Goran Ivanisevic owns?

stanzi

USArsenal said:
ugen64 said:
seriously - Croatia isn't exactly a tiny country... Dinamo Zagreb isn't the only team in Croatia (Hajduk Split is just as big).

and anyway the sarcasm was obvious :)
is Hadjuk Split the team that Goran Ivanisevic owns?
Nope. Currently no one in particular owns the biggest clubs here, Dinamo and Hajduk. They should finally re-register as companies by the new law recently in force, since they were registered as "citizens organisations" so far, which is the second name for tax evasion and all sorts of shady money business.

I love Pascal Cygan.

maxxx said:
...and i'm not the biggest fan of RVP or walcott.

I'm guessing maxxx is no older than 17/18 or lives abroad then.

Do you remember the days when we had Dickov, Shaw, Hartson or Kiwomya upfront?

I didn't think so.

Spoilt.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I'm still trying to figure out who my man of the match was, its really difficult to choose one!

Reyes was very very lively in the first half, good to see after all the rubbish speculation and turd throwing. A goal would've been great but he got 3 assists and his set piece taking was absolutely superb. Every single one was a blinder. That or the defence was blind.

The other players all played as well as expected, except for Hleb who for me played below expectations. I'm a huge fan of his and he disappointed today. When is someone going to tell him that he was bought for his pacy dribbling ability and not his circumspect passing? Eboue has also not lived up to last seasons form in the last two warm-up games. He's been ok when purely defending and when storming up into attack, its the bit in between that has been uncharacteristic. He tries too hard to dazzle sometimes trying to run past people when a pass back to Toure would've been the wiser option. As a result he gave the ball away quite a bit. I'm not sure what to make of flamini, it's almost as if he didn't play. I'm not slating him because a lot of the time Gilberto goes through games without being obvious but doing a lot of important work but Flamini genuinely appeared to be doing nothing. In a 3 man mid-field that is quite odd. Maybe he should grow his hair again, that way his presence would be more noted, I dunno...

Alex Song and Traore continued to impress. Song still looks ungainly when he's on the ball (or off it for that matter, WHAT is with the hair?), his legs look like they've got lead weights attached to them but for all the aesthetic trifles his actual play was solid all round, defence and attack. Traore is flipping quick. I mean, really, really quick. And confident. And strong. Give him a few months and I think he'd be ready for the odd premiership game.

But the m-o-m has to be a choice between Adebayor and RVP. While RVP looked classier as expected, Adebayor's tireless runnning, probing and general presence really threw off the Schwadorf defence. His 1st goal was great, showed good control/positional awareness, good speed and composed finish (I never thought I'd be saying adebayor and composed in the same sentence). Both of RVP's goals were stunners, the first one had a great 1-2 with Reyes followed by a bit of ballet to fool the goalie and the second was weapons grade explosive.

However my M-o-M goes to Adebayor for his all-round display. Great tackles and committed running. RVP while classy as ever on the ball looked a little confused off it. Perhaps he was bored with the opposition and was meditating mayhem on a certain c.ronaldo that everyone seems to be so fond of...

AfC_li4nGht

Aliadiera had a decent performance, which i believe he's getting back to his best. Bendtner is also another promising players, i believe they will play a part in this season.

I just wonder why isin't walcott playing?
Is he having some exams?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Aliadiere did not have a decent performance considering this is effectively his make or break period. He doesn't need to perform, he needs to shine. And that, he did not.

Bendtner improved from his last performance but in all honesty that was never going to be too difficult. I haven't seen much link up play from him, something his purported to be good at. He just kept trying to barge through...

Lupoli was also ineffective. Since their only youth players I don't expect them to have consistently high performance throughout a game but I expect the odd moment of brilliance that suggests great things to come. I didn't see any, tho to be fair I was writing on this thread for parts of the game. There was this one time right after the break when Aliadiere looked like he was going to do something clever but then presumably forgot what it was. That does not count.

In terms of youth strikers I do believe Man Utd got the better deal with Rossi. For large parts of games you think he's a waste of perfectly good oxygen but he has that odd inspirational spark that reminds you what he is capable of and that he could be man managed to a consistent performer. If only he was at Arsenal...

I'm wholeheartedly expecting my fellow gooners to disagree with me and await a barrage of ripostes but I do believe if you try look at it from an unbiased point of view, we could use more oomph in our youth strikeforce. Of course Walcott was meant to provide that and may still, only time will tell.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
db10_therza said:
In terms of youth strikers I do believe Man Utd got the better deal with Rossi. For large parts of games you think he's a waste of perfectly good oxygen but he has that odd inspirational spark that reminds you what he is capable of and that he could be man managed to a consistent performer. If only he was at Arsenal...
I had the same thought on Rossi as well. I watched some highlights of his actions last season. I think he was first-team ready. Back on Lupoli, his progress worries me.

Arsenal Quotes

An Arsenal fan, when you finish fourth, will say, “Hey, we’ve been in the top four for twenty years. We want to win the league!”. They don’t care that Manchester City or Chelsea have spent 300 or 400 million euros. They just want to beat them.
But if you finish fifteenth two years running, they will be happy if you finish fourth after that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom