• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: SV Mattersburg vs Arsenal | 25/07/06

otfgoon

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
>YounGunner< said:
Left would be good for Rosicky. Therefore he can cut in and drift to the middle when he can as Henry will drift left to fill the gap.

But he rarely plays like that. He likes to drop very deep in the centre to pick up the ball - I just worry that neither he nor Hleb are athletic enough to play wide and nor do they want to play there.

On a pitch as big as the one at AG, we cannot afford to play too narrow. Hopefully the full-backs will offset this problem by geting forward as much as possible.

We have always played like that. Pires and Freddy always cut inside and drifted. You are right though, the full backs must get forward for it to work. Which is why I dont think Wenger will play Flamini at left back unless its absolutely neccasery.

Chicago

otfgoon said:
Big Poppa said:
>YounGunner< said:
Left would be good for Rosicky. Therefore he can cut in and drift to the middle when he can as Henry will drift left to fill the gap.

But he rarely plays like that. He likes to drop very deep in the centre to pick up the ball - I just worry that neither he nor Hleb are athletic enough to play wide and nor do they want to play there.

On a pitch as big as the one at AG, we cannot afford to play too narrow. Hopefully the full-backs will offset this problem by geting forward as much as possible.

We have always played like that. Pires and Freddy always cut inside and drifted. You are right though, the full backs must get forward for it to work. Which is why I dont think Wenger will play Flamini at left back unless its absolutely neccasery.

Flamini did alright going forward, I don't think he's the most comfortable making overlapping runs but he does alright. He seemed pretty offensive in the preseason lsat season, he was pretty far forward when he almost set up Lupoli, and he won the ball in the midfield and set up ljungberg for the ajax goal. I think he can do alright going forward.

hesham

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
I just worry that neither he nor Hleb are athletic enough to play wide and nor do they want to play there.

Hleb not athletic enough!!!
Did you see him play last season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
hleb is one of the most agile and athletic players around.

not sure about rosicky though.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
hesham said:
Big Poppa said:
I just worry that neither he nor Hleb are athletic enough to play wide and nor do they want to play there.

Hleb not athletic enough!!!
Did you see him play last season.

Obviously not.

The one concern for me was his stamina levels post-injury though.

Hopefully he's fixed them up over the break.

Viper

Established Member
arsenal_hleb said:
hleb is one of the most agile and athletic players around.

not sure about rosicky though.
Rosicky is very very quick. You should see his 2nd goal against USA.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom