• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: SV Mattersburg vs Arsenal | 25/07/06

does anybody know who randall is? never heard of him, i usually know most of our promising youths.

also i think traore and hoyte played well going forward but i do also think their defensive work needs some fixing. for their age their tackling is fairly good its just that in that game we usually were caught out on both wings and it was due to both full backs. i just dont know if they are tactically sound and may not be fully up to the level of the premiership. they both will be in a season or two but looking at our injuries it looks like they will be forced to play. so every1 shouldnt be raving him up just yet.

on alex song, he did have a really good game today and does look like a very good young player with alot of power in the middle of the park but has to improve on his passing if he is to get into the first team where the midfield is probably the most important position in our team for every game.

with lupoli i know every1 is saying wat an amazing player he is and how well he is doing in the reserve. i think people should cool down on lupoli because if u look at his game he is very left footed and offers nothing more than just his shooting attributes. if he was rele amazing i think wenger would have given him a proper taste in the premiership.

and on bendtner i think he had a poor game and rele has to improve on holding up the ball. he also needs to improve his first touch and should playing rele well against mattersberg if he thinks he deserves first team action.

Artillero

I had not heard of Randall before either, is he one of Steve Bould boys?

He looked great for such a young age.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
AFCFan4Ever said:
asajoseph said:
I'm not quite sure why you think Reyes was supposed to be Pires replacement - when we signed him, Pires didn't exactly need replacing. And he certainly hasn't spent more time up-front than on the left wing.

Anyway, Wenger made it fairly clear that he signed Rosicky because Pires left - if you don't want to believe that he'll spend next season on the left, that's up to you, but in my mind it's almost certain.

I didn't mean Pires' immediate replacement but long term successor, he was supposed to solve our LW once Pires moved on.

And I'm sure Rosicky will play on the left some but I also do believe he'll play a great deal in central midfield, esp. considering I think Wenger will go 4-5-1 for a large portion of the season.

Wasn't the plan to have Reyes replace Dennis?

morpho

Established Member
sorry guys, a bit off topic here, but can anyone tell me how the quality is on Arsenal TV? If its just as bad as PPLive, SopCast, Tvants I might as well dropp it... Im supposed to have a 1.2 Mbps line, but cant realy see shait on streams...

arsenalTV is good quality and i recommend people to sign up for it. ii is better than pplive and all that other rubbish.

also in the interview with wenger he said that rosicky can play in a number of positions centrally, bergkamp role but also left wing. he said for now he will be playing there.

el jefe

goonerz49 said:
go49oner said:
wow, Traore is impressing me more every time i watch this guy, but still cant believe his only 16, the guy looks ready for 1st team football. clichy must watch his back. Traore is rapidly catching him.

he's 17 now
I thought the same thing, but I am almost certain I heard Wenger say Traore has amazing pace and power for a 16 year old.

I love Pascal Cygan.

el jefe said:
goonerz49 said:
go49oner said:
wow, Traore is impressing me more every time i watch this guy, but still cant believe his only 16, the guy looks ready for 1st team football. clichy must watch his back. Traore is rapidly catching him.

he's 17 now
I thought the same thing, but I am almost certain I heard Wenger say Traore has amazing pace and power for a 16 year old.

Has Wenger done it again? :worthy

I hope we get to see him in the League Cup next season.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I thought Traore was much more impressive than Hoyte who forgot to track back or at least didn't put much enthusiasm into doing so, there were countless times when we were exposed down the right. Everytime he went up cygan had to try cover up. CYGAN, who has a hard enough time doing his own job bless him...

And my word traore is flipping quick...

And finally, regarding Rosicky on the left wing, I think it would be good, esp when Henry plays. Henry's starting position on the left really messes things up for say, Reyes, who tries playing as an out and out left winger bombing down the sidelines. Rosicky on the other hand would cut in frequently allowing Henry to start off on one of his runs in space. Yes, Rosicky would be better utilised in the centre but as long as Fabregas is fit I can only see him there. Not a big fan of 4-5-1 in the premiership. We're meant to be an all out attacking team dammit.

kamikaze80

Established Member
rosicky should definitely be at LM. assuming henry is at forward, hleb is RM and cesc is CM, the question becomes what our best combo is at LM and the other forward spot.

if you ask me, we're theoretically best off with rosicky at LM and either reyes or rvp at forward. but whatever, wenger knows best, i just want to see the first team in action.

Rohit

Established Member
Francesc _Fabregas15 said:
also in the interview with wenger he said that rosicky can play in a number of positions centrally, bergkamp role but also left wing. he said for now he will be playing there.

Any word from Wenger on transfers ?

Thai Gunner

goonerz49 said:
go49oner said:

he's 17 now

He will turn 17 in October.

RC8

Established Member
Rohit said:
Francesc _Fabregas15 said:

Any word from Wenger on transfers ?

He said that he knew what his targets were, but that he didn't want to reveal anything. He then added when asked about something happening soon that there were not going to be 'ins' or 'outs' soon. That's all, hope that helps.

afcontour

to be fair wengers style of wingbacks (after dixon and wints left) have always been caught out defensively. thats because wenger encourages them to get forward, causing overlaps for the midfielders, this of course would leave any team open. the players shouldnt be criticised for being out of position, because they are encouraged to go forward, noone can go forward then be expected to get back into the perfect defensive position to block a counter attack.

hoyte is great, he would be my starter. strong in the tackle and quick. likes to get forward, he reminds me of cole, but a right sided version.

havent seent traore yet but what i have read has got me salivating!!

Captain

Established Member
Transfer this post over from transfer rumour in regards to Randall;

Captain said:
We signed him back in january; was quite big news as he was one of the hottest english prospects around. We beat out alot of teams to get his signature.

Supposedly the next steven gerrard but I have yet to see anything to justify that tag. Although the youth coaches wax lyrical about him.

KingReyes

Established Member
Captain, How do you know this? Do you have a source for your story? I would really like to know more about this kid.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom