• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: SV Mattersburg vs Arsenal | 25/07/06

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Nice link wengerboy. MAybe his injury and the extra time psaent at the gym gets him to build up some muscle like Arnie(hleb) did while injured

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Clichy must be in a bit of a sweat at the moment. Everyone assumed that he would be the natural successor to Cole, but that may not be the case now. Clichy's a great talent, and hopefully he can regain fitness soon and fulfill his enormous potential. After all he's better now then when Cole was the same age.

patrick42uk

Established Member
we should get a lot of fluency back with rosicky in the side. reyes might be a playmaker but perharps his playmaking style is more suited to upfront. on the left, the left midfieders job is to feed the lb and henry who are the runners. i think rosicky will bebetter able to find a balance between feeding them and running with the ball.

Legend#1

Established Member
I agree.

Rosicky can keep possession well and link up brilliantly.. Sometimes last season we failed to keep possession in midfield and control the tempo, only seem to when Bobby played.. Rosicky looks like he can do that job perfectly.

Captain

Established Member
wengerboy said:
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=news&article=375028&cpid=703&title=Young+Guns+-+Mark+Randall

a short article on him...i think captain hyped him up a bit too much.

Comparisons between Michael Carrick and says he is a attacking player, his hero is gerrad

That article is new to me.

I didn't hype him up too much, he says that Bould says he is like Carrick; a comparison obviously made after he joined, I was referring to why we were so happy to sign him.

wengerboy

Established Member
randell(alone with Paul Rodgers) was in the under 16 england team last year didnt get too many games.

Wonder how old he is too bad arsenal.com dont put their birthdays on.

Moses Barnett,Henri Lansbury and Rhys Murphy are the arsenal players in the team now.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
never heard of all those. anybody had last night game torrent? PM me thanks.

after 2 friendlies, i have heard so much great things about traore. i am so excited about seeing him play now. my damn torrent is downloading so slow for the bergy's match.

As for that rosicky issue, i agree with the others that he will play central midfield more. after all thats his best and most effective position. he is by no means a winger(but don't count the fact he will do a hleb), although wenger officially said that he is bought to replace pires. i think reyes on the left, rosicky in a 4-5-1 midfield supporting henry will be great.

Legend#1

Established Member
In Wenger's interview, he said Rosicky can play left, right, centre and 2nd striker, but for now he's trying him on the left.

AFCG7

Established Member
Well.. as a Pires "replacement" , you would expect Rosicky to be slotted in on the left side.. where does that leave Reyes though?

Legend#1

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Well.. as a Pires "replacement" , you would expect Rosicky to be slotted in on the left side.. where does that leave Reyes though?

Reyes can play left, right and 2nd striker.

Versitility is good.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Left would be good for Rosicky. Therefore he can cut in and drift to the middle when he can as Henry will drift left to fill the gap.

Zanarkand

What will become of Reyes :(

I'm kinda hoping we see a fair share of rosicky in the middle to let Reyes play on the wing and when Rosicky is on the left for Reyes to start up front.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Spoke to my old man today, who is on holiday in Spain.

He tells me Marca is reporting we have offered Reyes to Madrid.

Read into that what you will (probably not very much).

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
>YounGunner< said:
Left would be good for Rosicky. Therefore he can cut in and drift to the middle when he can as Henry will drift left to fill the gap.

But he rarely plays like that. He likes to drop very deep in the centre to pick up the ball - I just worry that neither he nor Hleb are athletic enough to play wide and nor do they want to play there.

On a pitch as big as the one at AG, we cannot afford to play too narrow. Hopefully the full-backs will offset this problem by geting forward as much as possible.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i'v heard it said alot that the emirates has been made delibrately wider and i think the squad is being built to take advantage of this. the key is that, ironically, we have wide players who are essentially offensive midfielders who will tend to drift inwards. the width comes from upfront, note that all our forwards are adept as pulling wide using their pace and skill to create chances. we will stretch defences this way and hope to score a lot of goals by the midfielders joining up. then there are the full backs who will have liscence to get forward. the wide players we have are good at spotting their runs. i'm not at all surprised by the link to benayoun.

i remember how close pires used to play to the central two. i think we will have a very narrow midfield four to take as much as an advantage as possible in midfield as most teams will play between 3-5 in midfield against us.

asajoseph

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
asajoseph said:
patrick42uk said:
theo in that picture showing off the new shirt as has more to do with his good looks than the likelihood of him getting game time. if you look at the picture closely he is in good company in the former respect.

Yup, I always wanted a piece of Kolo gristle...

Er, anyway, if they were after looks they'd still have celebrity wannabe Cole in there if he wasn't off to Chavski.

i vaguely remember the photo, but i think i recall kolo isnt particularly visible in that photo.

We must be thinking of a different picture - he's standing one to the right of Henry in the one I've got in front of me.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
>YounGunner< said:

But he rarely plays like that. He likes to drop very deep in the centre to pick up the ball - I just worry that neither he nor Hleb are athletic enough to play wide and nor do they want to play there.

On a pitch as big as the one at AG, we cannot afford to play too narrow. Hopefully the full-backs will offset this problem by geting forward as much as possible.

...edited

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom