• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: VfB Stuttgart vs Arsenal | 30/07/08

sabret00the

Established Member
Well here's the thread. It'll be a regular Mark Morrison-fest with the Return Of The Mack's. Or some **** like that. Anyway get ready to see the return of the first team and it'll also be exciting to see which of the folks who featured up until now, manage to get some minutes.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Re: VfB Stuttgart v Arsenal | 30-07-08 20:15

sabret00the said:
Well here's the thread. It'll be a regular Mark Morrison-fest with the Return Of The Mack's. Or some s**t like that. Anyway get ready to see the return of the first team and it'll also be exciting to see which of the folks who featured up until now, manage to get some minutes.

Class ****ing tune btw. :p

Looking forward to see Samir "Samir Samir Time" Nasri in action.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

This will be a good test for the returning big names. Stuttgart are good side. They have the likes of Mario Gomez, Delpierre, Basturk, Cacau, Pardo, Hitzlsperger and of course Lehamann in the team.

bigtimetopbanana

I hope Gomez plays...... A lot of people talked him up as being a potential target for the big sides...... I thought he was absolute tosh (rubbish) during the Euro's... so it will be interesting to see him in the more comfortable Stuttgart setting.

If Arsenal were interested in signing him, I wonder what advice Jens would give him :argue

gunner_down_under

Re: VfB Stuttgart v Arsenal | 30-07-08 19:15

sabret00the said:
Well here's the thread. It'll be a regular Mark Morrison-fest with the Return Of The Mack's. Or some s**t like that. Anyway get ready to see the return of the first team and it'll also be exciting to see which of the folks who featured up until now, manage to get some minutes.

Brilliant tune, we gotta add more Macks though...with experience, like Wenger promised! :p

mccroix

I'll be there tomorrow...hope to make some pictures, if so I'll post them here.

Will be a hard game, Stuttgart have already played qualyfiers for the UEFA Cup. Big test

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

When's the last time we played Stuttgart?

Would be a very good match. Our first teamers will all be back so its good. Hopefully we can see Wilshere again

mccroix

according to German sources he's supposed to make his debut against us

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

My starting XI

-------------Average Al------------

Sagna----Gallas---Senderos---Clichy

Nasri----Ramsey----Diaby-----Vela/Theo

---------van Persie-------------
-------------Adebayor-----------

This is our first real test and Stuttgart will look to get a win to commemorate the re-naming of their stadium. It will be tough, a 1-1 or 0-0 in my opinion

raidersoftheark

Established Member

Watch Lehmann have an absolute blinder, while Average Al lets in a silly goal.

Rohit

Established Member

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
My starting XI

This is our first real test and Stuttgart will look to get a win to commemorate the re-naming of their stadium. It will be tough, a 1-1 or 0-0 in my opinion

I think we will see Walcott on the right and Nasri on the left. Picking rest of the team is easy, only place up for contention is midfield partner for Diaby.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

I'll be shocked if Eboue doesn't start. It will be interesting to see who plays on the left.

banduan

Established Member

raidersoftheark said:
Watch Lehmann have an absolute blinder, while Average Al lets in a silly goal.

If Almunia lets in one it'll not be a silly goal. That's what Lehmann does every now and then. Al just lets in the very good goals that Lehmann often can stop.

mccroix

I really hope the first teamers will play..can't wait to see Nasri live

Linson

Are Fabregas and Toure definately not playing tonight?

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
My starting XI

I like your line-up crazy in love... but I doubt Vela will start as Walcott starting on the bench was an indicator, to me, that he would have a larger role to play today. I also like the inclusion of Ramsey instead of Denilson as he has definately been playing better. I can't wait to see this game, I hope Nasri lives upto the hype!
What's with all the Almunia hating here? He wrestled the starting berth from Lehmann last year and rightly so. People forget he is still young for a goalkeeper of a top 4 side, I'm sure he's going to be fantastic for us in the coming years. I could understand the hating if it were directed towards Fabianski, he really is awful...

banduan

Established Member

I'd like to see Djorou / Diaby as DM's for this match, one in each half. We've seen Denilson plenty.

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup
Top Bottom