• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: VfB Stuttgart vs Arsenal | 30/07/08

Lancelot

Established Member
Re: VfB Stuttgart v Arsenal | 30-07-08 19:15

My predicted line-up:
Almunia
Sagna Gallas Senderos Clichy
Eboue Denilson Diaby Nasri
van Persie Adebayor

Expected result:
Arsenal 1 - 3 Stuttgart

van Persie, Gomez, Hitzlsperger and Cacau.

Linson

Lancelot said:
My predicted line-up:
Almunia
van Persie Adebayor

Expected result:
Arsenal 1 - 3 Stuttgart

I would like Walcott to start instead of Eboue and Ramsey instead of Denilson. Banduan is right we've seen enough of him at the moment. I like the idea of having Djourou as DM, I think I remember reading somewhere that Wenger said to him that DM was his best position so it would be interesting to see how he played there. Diaby is another good call in the centre, I think now is really the time for him to shine and make an impression. 1 half each would be good to see!

sabret00the

Established Member

Linson said:
Lancelot said:
My predicted line-up:
Almunia
van Persie Adebayor

Expected result:
Arsenal 1 - 3 Stuttgart

I would like Walcott to start instead of Eboue and Ramsey instead of Denilson. Banduan is right we've seen enough of him at the moment. I like the idea of having Djourou as DM, I think I remember reading somewhere that Wenger said to him that DM was his best position so it would be interesting to see how he played there. Diaby is another good call in the centre, I think now is really the time for him to shine and make an impression. 1 half each would be good to see!
While i agree with your preference of Walcott over Eboue, your preference of Ramsey over Denilson is quite baffling considering that Denilson put in much better games than Ramsey thus far this pre-season.

Lancelot

Established Member

Don't forget that Eboue gives us more defensive stability, especially when you have rather 'weak' central midfield like the one I proposed. :lol:

Ramsey has already played a lot of minutes lately; personally, I just think that he will be rested.

TomasCR

Established Member

Is this the kind of games, where we can change during the game as many players as we want or 3 is maximum?

In the first case: 1st half, the same lineup like Lancel´s.

-------------Alm--------------
Sagna----Gallas--Sendy--Clichy
Eboue---Diaby--Denilson--Nasri
---------Persie--Ade----------

2nd half:

------------Fab-----------------
Sagna----Djourou--Hoyte G--Clichy
Walcott--Ramsey---Diaby---Wilshere
---------Vela-----Bendtner-----

sabret00the

Established Member

I like the idea of swapping Denilson for Ramsey at half time. I also like the idea of swapping out Nasri for Wilshere. Not so keen on the idea of watching Eboue for a full 45 mins though.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Eboue? ffs.
I would rather watch the reserves than him for 45min. I find it offensive that hes still part of our plans.

TomasCR

Established Member

I´m not content with Eboue too, but you know Wenger, Eboue is his diamond, what can we do. ;)

stuart

Established Member

Is Nasri playing? I haven't seen him mentioned on the official website

Linson

Yeah I can see what you saying Sabre. I guess it may be my bias towards new kid Ramsey where I just want to see him as much as possible. IMO Ramsey has played better than Denilson preseason but overall Denilson would deserve the playing time against Stuttgart more than Ramsey. I think your right and its very insightful saying that Eboue does give us more defensive stability, especially considering the central midfields lack of physical presence. Again its my bias, this time against an undeserving idiot wearing the shirt :D

Lukazan

Established Member

sabret00the said:
While i agree with your preference of Walcott over Eboue, your preference of Ramsey over Denilson is quite baffling considering that Denilson put in much better games than Ramsey thus far this pre-season.

Sabre, that's absolute rubbish! :lol:

Denilson was piss poor in our first game, and very meh in the other two. He's just an incredibly average player right now, he hasn't got anything about him that stands out at all.. Ramsey on the other hand has impressed me greatly. Intelligent on the ball and very composed. Always wanting the ball too. There are a few similarities to Cesc.

thegame24

Established Member

I hope we lose 5-0 with almunia to blame for all the goals and jens saving everything at him, hopefully wenger wakes up and buys a keeper.

thegame24

Established Member

Its only a friendly, and thats the only place id like almunia to be found out. Better a friendly then in a champions league final

nidza7

Established Member

I agree with thegame24,though it would be a comedy.

i can`t bare watching Almunia on goal post,and if thegame suggestion is the only way to convince Wenger then I`m with it.

Remember Jens cost us 1.5m so there are good keepers for pocket money I know.

M+D

Established Member

We should give Eboue 90 mins at RB - Sagna has played a 225 minutes so far out of a possible 270 in pre-season so he must be down for a rest by now, and with extra competition on the wings this year it is possible we will see Eboue more as a back up RB than a regular right winger (hopefully)....

I like the look of this team:

---------------- Fabianski ----------------

Eboue ---- Senderos ---- Gallas ---- Clichy

Walcott ---- Diaby ------- Denilson -- Nasri

------------- Adebayor -- Van Persie --------

thegame24

Established Member

If eboue retains right wing this season, i really think the ticket sales at emirates will start to flop.

When that happens we are screwed

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Cant wait for this.

thegame24 - I really dont see why Eboue would be on the right, something is seriously wrong somewhere if he is. Both Walcott and Vela should be ahead of him by miles. Or Nasri on the right and Vela on the left. ANYTHING but Eboue.

Eboue should get some time at right back in preseason because thats the only place he should be.

scruzgooner

thegame24 said:
If eboue retains right wing this season, i really think the ticket sales at emirates will start to flop.

When that happens we are screwed
:shock: :roll:

yep, i am sure it's all down to eboue starting on the right.

thegame24

Established Member

No hes one of many reasons that shows idiocy.
others include almunia etc, bad transfers etc

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom