• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: VfB Stuttgart vs Arsenal | 30/07/08

Captain

Established Member
Re: VfB Stuttgart v Arsenal | 30-07-08 19:15

lee1001 said:
It just frustrates me when a valuable member of the squad who contributed greatly is still getting stick about his overall play. Every player has his faults.

oh and i quote "£35M striker my arse!"

So, in your opinion, right here and now, Ade is worth £13M more then Torres or £15M more then Keane assuming that these are the market prices in the premiership.

There's absolutely no way he is and there never was.

It frustrates you when valuable members get criticised? Well, it frustrates me when champions league quality professional footballers can't trap a ball or play a first time pass with any level of consistency and until he can I will definitely criticise Ade for it.

Ade scores goals but is also one of the main reasons we have trouble unlocking defences through our passing game. He isn't world class and never will be but he can be an effective striker with some minor improvements.

mccroix

Clichy was bloody outstanding, what a player he is (becoming).
Gallas wasn't as bad as people say, somehow he's always the one to blame on defence...Djourou looked ok, but he really lacks pace to be a CB for us.

Eboué looked ok, nothing special, wasn't asked to do much.

I really liked Denilson's performance, his passing was very good, he organized our midfield and was the boss there. Good game I thought.

Nasri...decent, showed some flashes of why Wenger brought him hin, close ball control, some nice runs and great vision. Reminds me a bit of Rosicky concerning his style.

Walcott looks a much bigger threat I feel. He has progressed and defenders are scared of his exceptional pace, that creates space for other players.

Ade and RvP looked rusty, don't know why RvP had to try something special to score..din't like that...could have easiyl passed it into the goal.

Ade...well I thought he wasn't that good..yes he's always hard to defend and all, but I just wish he would cut the fancy crap and concentrate on his game...he is really frustrating to watch.

I really enjoyed watching the Bendtner & Vela partnership...they adjust very well and always look threatening. Vela protects the ball extremely well for a bloke of his size...he is a great prospect. Bendtner had his best game this summer...good link up play, great technique and good vision. I rather watch Nick than Ade...

Wilshere had a nother good game..Wenger will find it hard to be patient with him, if Jack continues to perform this way he will we will see some cameos in the first team, no doubt.

Ramsey was decent, much better than Randall, who in my eyes is quite overrated. I don't like this arrogant style, he looks full of it to be honest. This is one reason why I think he won't make it here...he doesn't seem to be a team player and always goes for the special pass or shot instead of doing something which is good for the team.

Defence wasn't really threatened in the second half despite the goal, where Hoyte looked a little passive.

I liked what I saw of Fabianski..confident and determined.

All in all I had a good time in Stuttgart, despite the bloody traffic jam on the way home which took 3 hours instead of 1.5

Support was good and entertaining, some great chants.

- Can someone tell me what that new Eboué chant was about? I didn't really catch it, people were laughing about it, so it must have been quite funny

- And does anyone know how bad Traoré's injury is? He got a knock against Burgenland and he wasn't in the squad yesterday.

PS: I typed this in rush because I'm at work at the moment

Anzac

Established Member

Captain said:
lee1001 said:
It just frustrates me when a valuable member of the squad who contributed greatly is still getting stick about his overall play. Every player has his faults.

oh and i quote "£35M striker my arse!"

So, in your opinion, right here and now, Ade is worth £13M more then Torres or £15M more then Keane assuming that these are the market prices in the premiership.

There's absolutely no way he is and there never was.

It frustrates you when valuable members get criticised? Well, it frustrates me when champions league quality professional footballers can't trap a ball or play a first time pass with any level of consistency and until he can I will definitely criticise Ade for it.

Ade scores goals but is also one of the main reasons we have trouble unlocking defences through our passing game. He isn't world class and never will be but he can be an effective striker with some minor improvements.

lol - he lost me when he said he was valuable!!!!!
IMO if this was next season Ade would be gone - the only reason he isn't is that AW didn't want to destabilise the 1st team further having already lost Hleb & Flamini.

Oh and being critical doesn't always mean that you don't like someone. Last season I was critical of him but actually liked the guy - now.........

stuart

Established Member

Ended up missing the game but saw some highlights. Have to admit, i watched Wilshires goal and just laughed...no 16 year old should be doing things like that for ARSENAL against STUTTGART! It's just not right :lol: I wanna fast forward 5 years and see what he's like, we seem to have someone very very special here

Lukazan

Established Member

Captain said:
Speaking of Ade, does it annoy anyone else that when the ball is played into him, he comes back at least ten yards towards our own goal before he controls it, passes it or falls over. £35M striker my arse!

Every time :lol:, every time.

banduan

Established Member

illmatik said:
Oh please with the Djourou bashing, he honestly wasn't that bad, Gallas was much worse

I'm not basing the idea that he is a poor CB off this match. I wanted to see him in DM. He is a poor CB. Gallas wasn't good this match but he's a good enough CB.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Lukazan said:
Captain said:
Speaking of Ade, does it annoy anyone else that when the ball is played into him, he comes back at least ten yards towards our own goal before he controls it, passes it or falls over. £35M striker my arse!

Every time :lol:, every time.
Gomez looks much better than him, even Marica.

Why didnt we sell him! :roll: :wink:

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Jameel46 said:
AFCG7 said:
Whats up with Randall? He was quite good in the games i saw him involved in last year. In all the preseason games so far though he hasnt looked good at all.. could be because its preseason an dhe needs games , but he doesnt seem to have progressed based on the matches so far.
Wiltshire.. we need to hang on to this boy and i would like to see a bit more of Lansbury. Great result for the boys - preseason seems to be coming along nicely.

maybe randall's a bit pissed cause Wilshere is running at full pace into the first team and he's having to work too hard!!
Maybe it's unfair to say this about Randall, but I think hecan work a little bit harder. Sometimes he came up as a late subs, but he didn't gave 100%. Perhaps he wants to speak 'intelligently' with his spreading passes but he really has to show more than that. In contrast, Lansbury did a lot of off-ball running. I know it cound be hard for Randall as he was thrown in late where the teammates around him were unfamiliar. In contrast, Lansbury looks good after being moved to RB, but his often off-ball running and tracking back help him get into the game much quick. I hope Randall can work as hard as Lansbury, not just to regain match fitness but also to give Wenger a good impression. The competition in the middle of the part is already difficult enough for him (eg. Ramsey, Denilson, Diaby, and now this Wilshere), he really needs to show more.

Randall did show a few glimpes of his vision and passes. But technically, his weighting on the ball needs to be improved. Another thing I found a bit dissapointing is when he received the ball in the central route and tried to spread passes. The opponents could often get the ball off him, even with the opposiiotn quality of Burgenland! It's not just his dealing with ball release was a bit too late. Randall's body position was so obvious for the pressing player to tell where and how the ball would come off his passing foot. Anyway, with harder works and some technical tweaks, I hope Randall will have a great chance of breaking into the first team.

kamikaze80

Established Member

Captain said:
torres isnt worth 22m anymore. and yes, he's worth that much more than keane because keane is 28 and ade is only 23 (i may be off by a year on those ages) and ade is more multi-dimensional. there are loads of guys who can play in the hole and be creative, but a good target man with technique is hard to find. not saying keane's not a good player, i think he's very good.

you're right about ade bringing the ball back too far though - he does it often and its because he cant control it, or because he hasnt spotted the next pass before getting the ball. as far as flaws go, though, it doessnt really affect our bottom line that much.

kamikaze80

Established Member

sabret00the said:
thought i was the only one to notice that. i thought they were interchanging at first but they were basically both playing half striker/left wing
van persie definitely needs to take up more advanced positions, he's dropping too deep, too often.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom