• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: VfB Stuttgart vs Arsenal | 30/07/08

illmatik

Established Member
Re: VfB Stuttgart v Arsenal | 30-07-08 19:15

ronitc said:
Jasard said:
ronitc said:
Haven't watched the game, but did someone say Eboue at center midfield?

Ha ha, very f*cking funny. That was a joke right? He didn't seriously play there?

He did.

Wenger's a masochistic bastard, it seems. :lol:

He played fairly decent as well, much better than at wing

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

good display. but alarming that we havent had a cleansheet yet in the whole of pre season

lee1001

Established Member

ronitc said:
Jasard said:
ronitc said:

Ha ha, very f*cking funny. That was a joke right? He didn't seriously play there?

He did.

Wenger's a masochistic bastard, it seems. :lol:

Wrong one. I think you mean a sadist. I.e he gets pleasure from seeing the fans in pain.

Captain

Established Member

Until Vela and Bendtner made an appearance we were playing in front of the Stuttgart defence too much. Nasri and VanPersie were basically sharing a position and Ade didn't look interested at all. Theo had no cutting edge either.

Speaking of Ade, does it annoy anyone else that when the ball is played into him, he comes back at least ten yards towards our own goal before he controls it, passes it or falls over. £35M striker my arse!

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I forgot to mention, I dreamt we signed Baptista :lol:

guinertron

is Adebayor still an Arsenal player thought he had got his dream move lol,
is this the same guy who said he just enjoys playing football and doesn't mind
where he plays? looked like it tonight he didn't look worth 3.5 mil let alone 35 mil
clown.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

ronitc said:

Eboue was actually decent at CM.

Flair, crisp passes and stuffs.

guinertron

Wilshere looks very very promising more so than Lansbury aka Bentley Mark II never know we may get 40%
of his sell on fee too lol!!!

Carlos looks the dogs Gael is the dogs Nico looks hungry so looks good didn't even mention Nasri but looks solid
need that CB though unless Song can do a job.

sabret00the

Established Member

Captain said:
Until Vela and Bendtner made an appearance we were playing in front of the Stuttgart defence too much. Nasri and VanPersie were basically sharing a position and Ade didn't look interested at all. Theo had no cutting edge either.

Speaking of Ade, does it annoy anyone else that when the ball is played into him, he comes back at least ten yards towards our own goal before he controls it, passes it or falls over. £35M striker my arse!
thought i was the only one to notice that. i thought they were interchanging at first but they were basically both playing half striker/left wing

qs

Established Member

guinertron said:
is Adebayor still an Arsenal player thought he had got his dream move lol,
is this the same guy who said he just enjoys playing football and doesn't mind
where he plays? looked like it tonight he didn't look worth 3.5 mil let alone 35 mil
clown.

First game of preseason is hardly a fair time to judge his ability.

qs

Established Member

His heart will be no different to last season. We're better off with him.

lee1001

Established Member

Captain said:

So let me get this straight...

Ade, who hasn't played 1 minute of competitive football in an Arsenal shirt since last season played badly? There's a ****ing surprise!

Some of the posts in this thread are painful. I don't think I can take another season of the same crap. It's like ****ing groundhog day. Eboue this...Ade that...

Captain

Established Member

Ade has been doing what I described above from the moment he signed for us, has nothing to do with lack of pre-season or any other excuse you can think up.

guinertron

well at least it looks like we have options up front RVP, Nico, Theo, Carlos.... Super Eduardo
so if Adebayor does not work out for whatever reason at it looks OK.

ronitc

lee1001 said:
Wrong one. I think you mean a sadist. I.e he gets pleasure from seeing the fans in pain.

Actually I meant masochistic, I mean after all consistently playing Eboue at anywhere but right back is pretty much going to doom his and our chances of winning anything. That's got to hurt him as much as us...hopefully. :)

sabret00the

Established Member

Captain said:
Ade has been doing what I described above from the moment he signed for us, has nothing to do with lack of pre-season or any other excuse you can think up.
:lol: sad but true.

Sammer

Established Member

According to this thread, Wilshere is the new Messi and Ade is should be sold on a free....

This was the first semi-competitive game - with a team in pre-season training with massive variances in fitness.

It means nothing, really.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member

As I said in the other thread, until he scores a ****load of goals this season, the Ade bashing is going to be relentless and tiresome.

Nicely taken goals from what I've seen, particularly from Vela.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom