• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

FR: VfB Stuttgart vs Arsenal | 30/07/08

regele

Established Member
Re: VfB Stuttgart v Arsenal | 30-07-08 19:15

bluenaz said:
I like Vela... very much
I'm loving the options we have in attack, when Edu comes back we'll be set; all that's left is to bodge that defense, too bad we won't do it...

scruzgooner

love the attempted turn by wilshere with the backheel up the line. too bad it went out...

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1

Bar the Hoytes, Randall and Lansbury, everybody else in the 2nd half should be our 1st team next season.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

3-1 FT.

It's such a shame that Wenger refuses to improve the defense. We look sorted up on attack, and if we could only get a better CB pairing, we can easily challenge for the EPL and CL.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Lol the lights?

Either my stream looked weird or the lights went out :?

scruzgooner

FT, game over, lovely runout.

btw, did you see wilshere at the end? certainly a tought little guy.

Kain

Established Member

Very impresive from the team tonight in most areas defensivly we are nowhere near the level we need, but we are playing free flowing attacking football & possesion football with such a young squad, makes you wonder what this season holds for us.

dutchMasta

Wilshere reminds me of Messi, small quick touches and acceleration. Left footed and a midget too.
Great comeback, and nice goals too.
Still worried about certain positions though.
Nasri didn't look too bad either!

AFCG7

Established Member

Out attack looks ok .. but seriously the centre of defense looks really dodgy. We need some serious work in that department because it seems whoever plays there doesnt have a clue when it comes to long diagonal balls over the top , no matter the combination we use in there.

nazo

Established Member

Vela, Bendtner, Wilshere and Ramsey should be lurking around the first team positions. If Ade, Robin, Theo or whoever is going to play in cm, aren't doing that good, they're more than decent backup.

CB is a worrying position, and to some extent, CM as well.

regele

Established Member

raidersoftheark said:
3-1 FT.

It's such a shame that Wenger refuses to improve the defense. We look sorted up on attack, and if we could only get a better CB pairing, we can easily challenge for the EPL and CL.
True, true, true :(
I'm starting to see things the "biggus way" with every passing day.

Jasard

We have Toure and Cesc to come back yet

dutchMasta

And Song and Rosicky....we still need to boost our defense though. Tbh, we were lucky not to get scored on more thanks to bad decisions from the linesman, twice! Though we also had one, but Ade missed.

Jasard

What this game did show is how important getting a few preseason games is. The lads who returned for their first game didnt look very sharp and a bit sluggish but the lads that came on looked sharp and exciting. (...except the hoyte brothers...)

Randall and Simpson havnt done much to impress though.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom