• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

France Vs England Which will you support?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 52
  • Views 1,638

Who would you be supporting?

• France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Dont get me wrong i love bobby and paddy and titi, but i would still never consider supporting France ahead of my own country. Neutrals yes, i understand, but for the other English here to say they dont know who to support, well i find that upsetting. It really does show how un patriotic this country is getting.
Anyway it will be a great match, i wish al the Arsenal boys playing for other teams all the best, i will be at the tornament and hopefully see some good matches, but come on england !!

Sigun

yeah, I hear ya Guvnor....Its england first then my second team France.

I still wanna see Titi, bob and paddy as much as possible though.

thegame24

Established Member
Im not english so France.

On paper France should Destroy england, but i got a feeling the french will be to fancy, if they play seriously England will loose about 4-0.

i just hope greece dont come last in group stage and ill be happy.

brianfrance

Established Member
Mad Jens said:
Evil Dragon said:
Im English, but I dont see them winning :(

I think we're going to get destroyed :(
I'm not so sure France will destroy England. You are not a team of cow at all !!! Please remember Desailly, or Grand-Pa Desailly, as you want, will surely be at CB. Your young strikers and wingers like Wright-Philipps, Owen, Dafoe, Rooney can score.
Hope France will win, but NOTHING IT'S SURE !! (Remember last WC : NO ONE GOAL SCORED BY FRANCE IN 3 MATCHES )

seeing tel, paddy and bob wont make the slightest bit of difference to me when the game kicks off, i hope sol irons tel and doesnt give him a look in, same goes for gerrard on paddy and even neville on pires.....country before club for me everytime.

ENGLAND TILL I DIE

A

Anonymous

OBVIOUSLY only one team.

FRANCE.

ENGLAND might as well stay home. useless wallys

A

Anonymous

I would rather Arsenal win a trophy than England, but at the end of the day I am English and I could not possibly want France to beat England, come on.

Club loyalties have to be put to one side when England play in European Championships and World Cups.

And its also a great opportunity to get pissed down the boozer even more!

slapz

Sol said:
I would rather Arsenal win a trophy than England, but at the end of the day I am English and I could not possibly want France to beat England, come on.

Club loyalties have to be put to one side when England play in European Championships and World Cups.

Good point about club loyalties being put to one side for ur country. Unfortunately, I have cheer on Robbie Keane, Gary Doherty and Stephen Carr to score for us in internationals

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

I would expect any neutral to support France.

But as a Brit I will, of course, support England 100%.

:angel

Those Brits who've voted France should think on; you're the same lot who crucify Manure fans for being glory hunters!

:evil:

JazzG

Established Member
Sol said:

It sure would suck if Henry and Pires had great games and took England apart eh ;)

A

Anonymous

seeing tel, paddy and bob wont make the slightest bit of difference to me when the game kicks off, i hope sol irons tel and doesnt give him a look in, same goes for gerrard on paddy and even neville on pires.....country before club for me everytime.

ENGLAND TILL I DIE
Well said, good to see i have some support in this discussion. The England or Arsenal discussion i have had a million times, i change my mind everytime as well. Its hard to pick, you will go a long way to find someone more patriotic than myself, i have been to 4 world cups following England and all of their away qualifiers for the 2002 World Cup. I love England so my country performing well was more important than my club, but, now i have this hatred for neville sisters, scholes, beckham, and i find it hard to change and suddenly support them for a one off tournament. Of coure i will be there and supporting, but i wont be supporting those players, i will be supporting the team that is representing my country. But if i had the choice England world cup or Arsenal champs league, well, that is too bloudy tough to answer.
England and Arsenal til i die
EIE

A

Anonymous

RAPTOR, what country are you from ? you seem to have a big hatred for England from some of your posts i have read. so just wondering which country you follow.
as for France being so much better than england, well, im not to sure. On their day england can match ANYONE

-----------robinson

Neville Sol Terry Cole

------------Gerrard
--------Becks Lampard
------------Scholes

--------Owen Rooney

I think with that diamond midfield ala 96 we could dominate any midfield. We are weak on the left and upfront, so this diamond formation would counter both weaknesses. One, because we wont need a conventional wide left player which we dont have, and 2, scholes will help bolster our weak attack in an attacking midfielder role. Becks and lampard and Gerrard in the centre mid, controlling it, with becks sometimes getting out wide and crossing. Gerrard can also drop back in the hole to help the defence. Im loving that formation 8)

vs. France:

Barthez

Thuram Desailly Gallas Silvestre

Makelele Vieira Zidane Pires

Henry Trezeguet

Alright this is a great team, but they were poor in the world cup and have had no tests in their qualifying games = Slovenia,Malta,Israel and Cyprus, it will be interesting to see, England can beat them, but France are easy favourites.
who tipped England to beat Germany 5-1 ? Who tipped England to beat Argentina ? dont right us off

Soler

Established Member
1886 said:
country before club for me everytime.

I'd much rather Arsenal win a CL than England Euro 2004 ... I'm not a huge fan of international football.

Sammer

Established Member
Actually looking at the England squad makes you realize, that this is a pretty good team.

Great defense, good midfield (although the French midfield should dominate), and decent strikers (well no need to say that Henry and Trez are a different class).

Englands chance is to defend well and wait for counter-attacking opportunities. I seriousely can´t see England outplay France in midfield, but on a good day, this english team might be able to pull a surprise victory off.

We will see. Can´t wait for this match - should be the most exciting match in the 1st round of the Euro 2004

Gurgen

Established Member
Watching your country win the WC is the most beautiful thing imo.

I can't grasp English ppl supporting France as well guvnor, I'm not English but if I was I sure as hell wouldn't support France. What's that ****e all about anyway?

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
What England really really need is ONE CREATIVE PLAYER. They simply don't have any creativity in the middle.They have good midfieders but scholes, lampard are not exactly in the league of Pires/Zidane when it comes to creativity. England's chance of winning is by just keeping it tight and squeeze a goal in. Playing an open game with france is suicidal, just like playing an open game with ARSENAL.

torgrim

theguvnor said:
On their day england can match ANYONE

-----------robinson

Neville Sol Terry Cole

------------Gerrard
--------Becks Lampard
------------Scholes

--------Owen Rooney

Oi Guv!!! Oslo 1992... remember that one? Anyway, it's a shame about Shearer, he'd do you good. Us Norwegians never hoped for much as long as we've kept you English at arms length. Guess it's because we have more than a lifelong admiration for the Prem, and in a crappy, but modest way, picture our self after it.

I rooted for England in '86 because I liked their commitment (I was eight at the time) and some of the players were legends on their own. Lads like Shilton, Beardsley, Barnes, Lineker, Fenwick, and my fave at the time: Butcher (always saw him 'n Keown as a weird twin-thing there, you know- dismal abilities, but you loved both of 'em to pieces anyway because of their spirit), Waddle, Samson, Dixon (no, not that one) and er..Hatley. The team had their flaws as well with Hoddle, but all in all; decent. Nearly twenty years and god knows how many videos later, I can't understand how I ever supported those lads over Socrates, Zico, Junior and the like, but that's the weird thing about football; it's all about emotions. Regardless of who you supported back then, it'll never amount to the same again. And we've always put so much into it. Understanding support is like defining rationalism over again. You end up having really weird preferences.

As for me, I realise that Norway... well, we'll never stand a chance, so picking a team independently is quite normal. Having witnessed firsthand how some of you English behave yourselves abroad, I'd have to say that along with your fairly patriotic press: it's pretty easy to whish you all the worst. It's not that I don't think that Joe Average deserves it; it's just that a barren few act so foolishly that a lot of neutrals end up whishing you the worst. I hope to see some tight and entertaining offs this summer, but I hope the rivalry stay within the pitch and that you'll behave yourself. Then I'll root for you again. But always club over country.

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom