• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

France Vs England Which will you support?

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date
  • Replies 52
  • Views 1,637

Who would you be supporting?

• France

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Some england lads at away matches do give the nation a terrible reputation, from footballing trouble our reputation has pread world wide, in my hay day back in my 20's i thought this was great, it was all about the reputation and wanting to show any other country who we were. No i am sorry for the things we caused and the hate we have created. Scenes like vs ireland in italy 1990 are forgetable things. now though english crowd trouble is dead. there are still the minority but many lads i know have all grown up and realise its not the thing to do anymore. These championships as the world cup 2002 was, should be friendly, which is what i am after these days. One bad thing out of english trouble, apart from the hatred we have caused, is that other countries now try and inpersonate us. turkey are by far the worst and most violent football fans in the world, BY FAR, argentina also bad, germany are a joke but try and always start trouble, holland also have a large hooligan base. Sadly england are now a target, france 98 an english pub was attacked by argentina fans after the match. 150 england fans arrested, 5 argies. even the bar tender said that england were being well behaved and were provoked by the argentineans. that is the thing we face now, other countrys still view us as the main hooligans and want to try and have a go and gain a 'victory' against us. this means we are now a large target for hooligans even when england are not involved anymore. the police still beleive we are the worst because of the myths still going round. People need to understand england is not big crowd trouble anymore, many european countries are alot worse. We now have realised how stupid it is and are going abroad to enjoy football not tear places apart.
i can understand why you hate us, but maybe you can see these championships that we arnt all bad.
just a good thing the turks arnt coming to euro2004

Sammer

Established Member
What the hell are you talking about?

Is this the "everybody picks on the england hooligans-sh*t"???

Come on, thats really the 80`s you are talking about. England is widely respected when it comes to football - hey, it´s the motherland of football, right?

But to state, that Hooliganism isn´t a british problem anymore and that it´s fans from other countries just provoking innocent british fans sounds like a simplification to me.

Aussie

Established Member
When it comes to international football i havent really ever supported a team. Sure i will watch Euro 2004 but its not the same not having your country there. I just wish Aus would hurry up and qualify for the world cup.

A

Anonymous

What the hell are you talking about?

Is this the "everybody picks on the england hooligans-sh*t"???

Come on, thats really the 80`s you are talking about. England is widely respected when it comes to football - hey, it´s the motherland of football, right?

But to state, that Hooliganism isn´t a british problem anymore and that it´s fans from other countries just provoking innocent british fans sounds like a simplification to me.
Torgrim stated he hated england because of the way we behaved. i am pointing out that england used to be the main causers of problems when it came to hooliganism, and we built up a bad reputation and are now dispised in places in Europe, especially when we talk football supporters terms. i am not saying england are always provoked and you should feel sorry for them. i am saying that england are no longer into hooliganism in a big way, yes the minority still are there but not on the scale of the 80's. i am saying that these days englands old reputation still is there but the trouble causers are not. so it leads england to be targeted alot, when these days we are not as bad as everyone thinks. i am also just saying that there are other countries alot worse than england nowadays that want to emulate what we were like in the 80's.
i hope england fans behave themselves this tornament, england have to start showing that we can be civilised football fans, not the mental trouble causers as our reputation suggests.
heres for a safe trouble free tournament, and lets be honest, given the state of the world at the moment, we really need something, and theres nothing better than football to bring us together.

KingReyes

Established Member
Aussie said:
When it comes to international football i havent really ever supported a team. Sure i will watch Euro 2004 but its not the same not having your country there. I just wish Aus would hurry up and qualify for the world cup.

Yeh i know what you mean. I was shattered when Australia lost to Uruguay. Since I follow Arsenal and EPL I will be following England at Euro2004. Can't wait to see Henry vs Campbell

pamilih

Aussie said:
Aint French or English however cause of the French connection with Arsenal ill probably go for France.

France 3 ( Henry Paddy Bobby)

England 2 ( Sol Ash )

Yes it will be an INTRA Arsenal game...
Oh what a dilemma. Is there any other club that gives the supporters this dilemma?

torgrim

theguvnor said:
Torgrim stated he hated england because of the way we behaved.

Hate...that's harsh. Let's say I like alot of teams over you, but I'd choose you over Turkey.

theguvnor said:
heres for a safe trouble free tournament, and lets be honest, given the state of the world at the moment, we really need something, and theres nothing better than football to bring us together.

Well said. It's so frustrating when people loose their minds and go all aggro because of a game. I can't understand why people can't go and meet other nations and be friendly, have a drink and a chat. We're all fans and we like a drink, so let's share that. You did well in 2002 and the rest of the football world saw that, lets hope for the same this summer.

Robno.7

theguvnor said:
yes,me..but im supporting France
Im English, But i cant choose!
This is disgusting, i truly can not believe what i am reading. You are English, you support England, we are English so we support our country. The English have a HUGE rivalry with the French, the only reason i do like the French is because of Henry and Vieira and Bobby, but that is still no reason to turn on your country just because some of your club players play for the opposition. What about SOl and COLE ??? what about our club actually being an ENGLISH CLUB.
Now of course i can understand the non English on here supporting France, that is fair enough, But to hear other Englishmen supporting France just because they have some of our club players, well sorry, i find that quite disgusting.

England til i die

Totally agree mate, England till i die!

Sammer

Established Member
You find that "disgusting"?

Can´t people support the country they want, even if they don´t have a passport of that country?

A

Anonymous

Sammer said:
You find that "disgusting"?

Can´t people support the country they want, even if they don´t have a passport of that country?
course u can.
i have an englishpassport but will die for france to win.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom