• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

When considering what he's worth to the club and our defensive play, in my opinion, he should be earning as much as Saliba. We undeniably have the best center-back duo in the league
And in any workplace, you increase the salary for those who perform best, simply to keep them away from other companies.
He will get a good raise at least close to Saliba's wages I think, but he gets that renewal later like he should. That's how contracts work, unless the club is silly like United.

Do you get a raise at any work place to similar level as bigger earners, if you don't have similar "experience"?
And I don't think It's that surprising or strange that players leave for money; you don't know Gabriel, and I don't know Gabriel. But the fact that Arteta didn't play him at the beginning of the season, I believe, is no coincidence, especially as these rumors started to surface. That's a fact. We'll just have to see if Partey ends up playing right back again.
Partey won't end up back to RB, because it looks like Zinchenko and Tomiyasu are coming back to fitness, along with Kiwior having gone up a level.

At that point the midfield needs more rotation. Partey was just the emergency back-up who is good with the ball.
By the way, the bold part, I would appreciate it if you could maintain a respectful tone in discussions. That kind of low blow BS doesn't work with me brother.
What do you mean doesn't work?

Brains, logic or common sense. It all says that Gabriel will be renewed when the time comes, but now it's White's and Tomiyasu's turn as they have 2 years left and Gabriel 3 years.

It's just so obvious that it makes no sense for Gabriel to leave, that I'm not sure how else should I emphasize it?

And btw. it's different when the club is like United, in a crisis (or Arsenal earlier), so they want to renew the players faster. Arsenal has huge pull now, so the expectation is that the happy players will want stay (like they all have, which is another sign), and Arsenal has enough funds to pay the required wages.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
He will get a good raise at least close to Saliba's wages I think, but he gets that renewal later like he should. That's how contracts work, unless the club is silly like United.

Do you get a raise at any work place to similar level as bigger earners, if you don't have similar "experience"?

Partey won't end up back to RB, because it looks like Zinchenko and Tomiyasu are coming back to fitness, along with Kiwior having gone up a level.

At that point the midfield needs more rotation. Partey was just the emergency back-up who is good with the ball.

What do you mean doesn't work?

Brains, logic or common sense. It all says that Gabriel will be renewed when the time comes, but now it's White's and Tomiyasu's turn as they have 2 years left and Gabriel 3 years.

It's just so obvious that it makes no sense for Gabriel to leave, that I'm not sure how else should I emphasize it?

And btw. it's different when the club is like United, in a crisis (or Arsenal earlier), so they want to renew the players faster. Arsenal has huge pull now, so the expectation is that the happy players will want stay (like they all have, which is another sign), and Arsenal has enough funds to pay the required wages.

You're looking at it from a management perspective, while I'm approaching it from a worker's perspective.

We have a player who has played practically the entire season, been one of our most important players, and been a major contributing factor to our conceding so few goals. Then you have a player like Reiss who earns more than him and has barely contributed anything this season, the coach doesn't trust him, and he will likely be sold this summer. Don't you think players think about these things? I can guarantee you they do; it's human to compare yourself to others, and it happens all the time. From this perspective, I don't think it's strange at all that a player might consider leaving for money, it has happened before and will happen again.

It's possible he didn't want to leave this summer at all, but it's also possible that he did want to leave this summer, neither of us knows, but both scenarios are a possibility. Oscar left Chelsea for the money in China; there are plenty of examples. People think differently, and it wouldn't be strange if a player doesn't feel appreciated based on their salary and wants to leave. You think the way you do, believing that what we're doing is special and that we have something going on, but a player might think differently.

Everything isn't black and white; what we're discussing now are possibilities. Not everyone thinks the same way; it could be as you say, but it could also be as I say, none of us know except for Gabriel.

And I don't care about what United has done or is doing, I don't think we should compare ourselves to them. But from a worker's perspective, if I were in Arsenal's management, I would raise his salary to show how appreciated and important he is to the team, after this season.

drippin

You're looking at it from a management perspective, while I'm approaching it from a worker's perspective.

We have a player who has played practically the entire season, been one of our most important players, and been a major contributing factor to our conceding so few goals. Then you have a player like Reiss who earns more than him and has barely contributed anything this season, the coach doesn't trust him, and he will likely be sold this summer. Don't you think players think about these things? I can guarantee you they do; it's human to compare yourself to others, and it happens all the time. From this perspective, I don't think it's strange at all that a player might consider leaving for money, it has happened before and will happen again.

It's possible he didn't want to leave this summer at all, but it's also possible that he did want to leave this summer, neither of us knows, but both scenarios are a possibility. Oscar left Chelsea for the money in China; there are plenty of examples. People think differently, and it wouldn't be strange if a player doesn't feel appreciated based on their salary and wants to leave. You think the way you do, believing that what we're doing is special and that we have something going on, but a player might think differently.

Everything isn't black and white; what we're discussing now are possibilities. Not everyone thinks the same way; it could be as you say, but it could also be as I say, none of us know except for Gabriel.

And I don't care about what United has done or is doing, I don't think we should compare ourselves to them. But from a worker's perspective, if I were in Arsenal's management, I would raise his salary to show how appreciated and important he is to the team, after this season.
Arsenal seems to currently renew the contracts when there is 2 years left, like White and Tomiyasu now. Saka and Saliba are exceptions as they are world class talents who wanted to see if Arsenal can raise the level before renewing.

Now the level is raised, Arsenal has money, and there is no reason for players to leave. There are no signs that Gabriel is in any way unhappy, and seems to like Saliba a lot too, and both speak French. Which also was nice planning from the club btw.

But yeah, everything has been said. I said in the summer that I really doubt that Gabriel will be sold, and I was right.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
@boonthegoon and me not having to come here and meme his mistakes for a good while is the true measure of how far he's progressed.

Probably top three best CB pairing in Europe right now.
True. He has improved massively and mostly eliminated his bozo moments. Long may it continue.

(Though had a minor one in the Brentford game 😅)

drippin

Oscar left Chelsea for the money in China; there are plenty of examples.
Forgot to comment on this. Oscar deal was weird anyway. He seemed to be declining at a quite young age.

But it's not a good comparison, because Oscar won two EPL titles at Chelsea, Europa League and a League Cup.

Gabriel hasn't won basically anything in his career, so I see no reason for him to leave for some crap league just to get more money. Not sure why he would leave for another league either without trying it out at Arsenal properly. He has time for that after the next contract if he feels like it, maybe at a warmer climate.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
At least we don’t have Holding coming in to stink the place out if big Gabi were to be injured. Last season I am certain the players lost confidence in the defence seeing him there in equal measure to the injuries sustained by Saliba and Tomiyasu.

Anyhow, hope this is all just a precautionary measure and big Gabi has time to rest and recuperate.

Topside

Uk and Irish posters there is a show on Sky called Saturday Social a good watch. Saturday just gone.

Have a segment football friends, Reiss Nelson and Eddie Nketiah on it have to guess what the other is thinking.

Best CB this season PL......both Big Gabi.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Yeah is he injured or is he INJUREEDDDD wink wink.

If he’s actually injured the timing couldn’t be worse, our best CB this season hands down.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He was struggling late of the game against Porto so i'm not surprised we asked Brazil FA for Gabriel not take part considering it's just friendly games and could make his injury worse

Up&Up

It's the oldest trick in the book from Arteta, but a sensible one. Brazil are playing Spain, and last year Rodri shamelessly tried to break Ødegaard's leg on international duty. No reason to let him have a crack at another one of our players

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Hope it's just to keep him with us and not a serious one

The fact CBF hasn't said a hit about this slightly worries me.

Last time they were adamant Jesus traveled to be checked by our doctors and the relationship between Arsenal and CBF was a bit strained.

Even if you take into account that's it's a friendly, Dorival knows how this gig works.

He needs to show something out of the gate to appease a lot.of people when we finally play the WC qualifiers.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final
Top Bottom