• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Gabriel Magalhães: O Monstro

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
To add to it, the best CBs have an aura. Him and Saliba currently have that.

Would love to see how this defensive unit fares if Timber comes back roaring of if we get a good left back.

Not having to babysit Zinchenko is probably part of what made Gabriel that much better, and the fact that he's the only CB in the squad that manages to do that is a testament to that as well.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

To add to it, the best CBs have an aura. Him and Saliba currently have that.

Would love to see how this defensive unit fares if Timber comes back roaring of if we get a good left back.

Not having to babysit Zinchenko is probably part of what made Gabriel that much better, and the fact that he's the only CB in the squad that manages to do that is a testament to that as well.
That’s why I believe signing a left back in the summer is a priority. Sacrificing defensive stability on the left side for better passing is not worth the trade when you already dominate possession most games. Atleast until last 2 months there were people arguing Zinchenko was big part in why we dominated possession and last 2 months proved that’s not the case

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
That one header where he was towering above the rest of the players was a thing of beauty. Can't think of any defender that is such a threat from corners

He's quickly growing into my favorite Arsenal CB of all time

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

That’s why I believe signing a left back in the summer is a priority. Sacrificing defensive stability on the left side for better passing is not worth the trade when you already dominate possession most games. Atleast until last 2 months there were people arguing Zinchenko was big part in why we dominated possession and last 2 months proved that’s not the case

But it isn't a coincidence that we've relied on Jorginho for progressive passing during this period. When we had both Jorginho and Zinchenko missing in the Porto away leg we saw how much we suffered in progressing.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He's quickly growing into my favorite Arsenal CB of all time

He's close for me...

images

mustafi-arsenal.gif

...but he needs a funny story/gif like the above before he cracks my Top 3!

PS... pretend Mustafi doesn't exist in that gif, as that's what should always be done when anyone thinks of Mustafi...

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

But it isn't a coincidence that we've relied on Jorginho for progressive passing during this period. When we had both Jorginho and Zinchenko missing in the Porto away leg we saw how much we suffered in progressing.
The plan for the summer should be but a left back and another ball playing midfielder. Arteta tried havertz and rice in midfield and tried to use Zinchenko do midfielders job

All our attacking players were poor vs porto. Hence we had no shot on target. We still dominated possession

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The plan for the summer should be but a left back and another ball playing midfielder. Arteta tried havertz and rice in midfield and tried to use Zinchenko do midfielders job

All our attacking players were poor vs porto. Hence we had no shot on target. We still dominated possession

We may have dominated possession but we really lacked cutting edge to it. Though I agree that the entire team was very timid, I still think having Jorginho playing would have resulted in shots on target for us.

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Btw do people think the club need to revise his contract? The guy earns the same amount as Reiss right now which is ridiculous.

Sometimes I'm scared he could be tempted by a better offer

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Btw do people think the club need to revise his contract? The guy earns the same amount as Reiss right now which is ridiculous.

Sometimes I'm scared he could be tempted by a better offer
I have huge doubts Gabriel would be tempted by other clubs, when Arsenal are flying with a great young team, and he has the perfect partnership with Saliba. A world class talent. And Arsenal has funds to pay him.

Gabriel has 3 years left in the summer. White has 2 years. It's not Gabriel's time yet. The club can also save some money I think, for FFP too, if they don't give new contracts too soon. Like United did for Bruno when there was no need yet, just to give him a raise.

One can't compare attackers wages to defenders either. Nelson's contract was also running out in the summer so he got a bit better wages/bonuses because of it. But then again, Nelson was on low wages until the end of his contract so there was that money saved compared to renewing earlier.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
I have huge doubts Gabriel would be tempted by other clubs, when Arsenal are flying with a great young team, and he has the perfect partnership with Saliba. A world class talent. And Arsenal has funds to pay him.

Gabriel has 3 years left in the summer. White has 2 years. It's not Gabriel's time yet. The club can also save some money I think, for FFP too, if they don't give new contracts too soon. Like United did for Bruno when there was no need yet, just to give him a raise.

One can't compare attackers wages to defenders either. Nelson's contract was also running out in the summer so he got a bit better wages/bonuses because of it. But then again, Nelson was on low wages until the end of his contract so there was that money saved compared to renewing earlier.

Why should he be satisfied with a his salary? Football players want to feel appreciated, and one way to reward them is through salary and bonuses. I don't know how much he's getting, but reasonably, he should be earning as much as Saliba, as he's just as important as Saliba, and if we want to keep Saudi at bay, we need to raise his salary, in my opinion.

A lot suggests that he wanted to leave this summer when there were rumors about Saudi; there's no smoke without fire.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

Said before and I’ll said it again, these two are the best thing about the club after years of Sokratis, Mustafi, Mari etc.

Title winning pairing right here. Add Timber to the mix and we’re set.

I am glad they actually said they will watch the Liverpool v City game.

I remember when us and United were going toe to toe, Fergie would always say he had his grandson's birthday party the same day as apparently every Arsenal match so he never watch us...kid had like 25 birthdays a year, ffs😅

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Why should he be satisfied with a his salary? Football players want to feel appreciated, and one way to reward them is through salary and bonuses. I don't know how much he's getting, but reasonably, he should be earning as much as Saliba, as he's just as important as Saliba, and if we want to keep Saudi at bay, we need to raise his salary, in my opinion.
It doesn't work like that. Saliba's career at top level started a lot earlier, so he has got bigger raises because of his experience and potential. And his first contract should have been 5+1 years.

Saliba is a bit over 3 years younger than Gabriel, and still they both had 1000-1300 minutes in Ligue 1 the same year in 18/19. So Gabriel is basically 3 years behind in his development.

Havertz has apparently quite big wages, and the reason for it is the same. He was a teenage wonder getting a big move. And then another one, but it seems he didn't get another raise as his last season at Chelsea was so bad along with the rest of the team.
A lot suggests that he wanted to leave this summer when there were rumors about Saudi; there's no smoke without fire.
You're free to believe rumours, even if they don't make sense. We can't know what's the ultimate truth, but we can use our brains.

Gabriel might use Saudi's etc. to get a better contract, but I can see no reason for him to still leave. He seems like a mature professional player who wants to win proper trophies. Leaving would be as stupid if Arteta left now. It makes no sense.

Gabriel will likely be renewed next season.

TH14shahriar

A gentle soul
It doesn't work like that. Saliba's career at top level started a lot earlier, so he has got bigger raises because of his experience and potential. And his first contract should have been 5+1 years.

Saliba is a bit over 3 years younger than Gabriel, and still they both had 1000-1300 minutes in Ligue 1 the same year in 18/19. So Gabriel is basically 3 years behind in his development.

Havertz has apparently quite big wages, and the reason for it is the same. He was a teenage wonder getting a big move. And then another one, but it seems he didn't get another raise as his last season at Chelsea was so bad along with the rest of the team.

You're free to believe rumours, even if they don't make sense. We can't know what's the ultimate truth, but we can use our brains.

Gabriel might use Saudi's etc. to get a better contract, but I can see no reason for him to still leave. He seems like a mature professional player who wants to win proper trophies. Leaving would be as stupid if Arteta left now. It makes no sense.

Gabriel will likely be renewed next season.

When considering what he's worth to the club and our defensive play, in my opinion, he should be earning as much as Saliba. We undeniably have the best center-back duo in the league
And in any workplace, you increase the salary for those who perform best, simply to keep them away from other companies.

And I don't think It's that surprising or strange that players leave for money; you don't know Gabriel, and I don't know Gabriel. But the fact that Arteta didn't play him at the beginning of the season, I believe, is no coincidence, especially as these rumors started to surface. That's a fact. We'll just have to see if Partey ends up playing right back again.

By the way, the bold part, I would appreciate it if you could maintain a respectful tone in discussions. That kind of low blow BS doesn't work with me brother.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom